Eichel injured in practice (10/12)

PASabreFan

We need Lehner.  He was important before but now it's Defcon 5.  We need to hold onto .500 for the first 25-30 games of the year until he's back.  Bayly getting the promotion I assume?

Kane/Moulson/Okposo/Ennis need to produce early.  

PIT was .500 around Christmas last season IIRC.

Crosby suffered a high ankle sprain in either 07 or 08 and missed 50 days.

:(

I thought he had his Achilles severed by someone's skate.

I was about to agree with you until...

That was Pominville.

This sounds right.

4m

Initial diagnosis on Jack Eichel immediately after incident was high ankle sprain, but Eichel is seeing doctors/getting imaging done.

Bob's reporting seems a little squishy. I'm holding out for a definitive statement from the team.

Just think of all the housework Reinhart is going to have to do with Eichel injured. That house is going to be a mess.

And the sponge baths!

Not to channel the ghost of GoDD here, but this will be a challenge for the Sabres medical staff. Show of hands. Who has confidence? Eichel better be getting the best, world-classiest care through this. And I know no one wants to hear this, but there's a career, not a half season, to worry about.

Back to a positive spin.

Lets say Jack is out for half the season. I expected Jack to score 30 goals this season. So his numbers gets reduced in half. I also expected this team to score at least 230 goals. With this injury and to reach the goal, we need the other 20 skaters to score 1 extra goal.

Is that really to much to ask? I don't think so. Reinhart's role will expand giving him more opportunity to score. Also Fasching will probably go from a bottom 6 role to a top 6 role giving substantially more opportunity to score and he has the size and hands to do it. It could also mean more opportunity for Moulson and Girgensons to step up. Personally I think this is the chance Big Z has been looking for. (And no he wasn't trying to hurt Jack.)

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Guys, it's going to be okay. If this team can't play .500 hockey without Jack for a couple months, we weren't going to go anywhere this season anyway. Get Jack healthy, watch what Samson and Lehner do to break out, enjoy having 3 20-goal wingers, and when Jack gets back, we make a playoff run.

.500 hockey gets us what? 60 points in February? That ain't enough for a run Edited by WildCard