Eichel injured in practice (10/12)

PASabreFan

I've heard it said that, when it comes to an ankle injury like this and if forced to choose, you'd rather deal with a break than a high ankle sprain, ligament damage, etc.

What are the chances that it's a garden variety low ankle sprain with Jack missing 2-4 weeks? 15%?

Ankle is worse. It better not be an ankle.

It is an ankle.  I don't think they need an MRI to ask Eichel "where does it hurt"?

And I'm not sure an ankle is worse.  A torn Achilles, for example, is about 6 weeks of recovery and then some strength training.  A torn MCL is, well, see you next September.

Edited by Eleven

I had bad ankle injury in high school. Kid came down on top of me and I rolled out good. Couldn't walk for 2 days. I wrapped it to hell though and played out next game 3 days later.

you hockey gods. Seriously, I'm done with you.

Edited by LGR4GM

Zemgus was the player involved, if he already wasn't on DD's Sh!t List he is now at the top

Hot Daniel called the injury non-contact in nature.

It is an ankle.  I don't think they need an MRI to ask Eichel "where does it hurt"?

And I'm not sure an ankle is worse.  A torn Achilles, for example, is about 6 weeks of recovery and then some strength training.  A torn MCL is, well, see you next September.

Don't torn achilles injuries generally involve a lost season?

Hard to avoid high ankle in hockey skates. You really can't sprain low. The boot doesn't flex enough. 

*sigh*