Eichel injured in practice (10/12)

PASabreFan

Is this where one comes for group therapy? I'm literally devastated. The events that led up to this for me are so surreal. Someone texted me asking what's going on with all the Sabres injuries? I thought he meant O'Reilly, Okposo, Kulikov, Bogosian, etc. The next notification on my phone was a twitter friend who messaged me, "Eichel is down." My heart dropped through my arse.  :cry: 

Really frustrated about the Bills fans comparing this to Shaq Lawson, Reggie Ragland and Sammy Watkins...they were never expected to carry their team and be the superstar. (Maybe Sammy, to an extent.)

My only hope is that this does not effect his future...McDavid hurt his collarbone, hardly an issue, I've done that and it never made a difference in me playing football or hockey when it happened. But, an ankle...for an explosive hockey player? That worries me. This is probably the worst possible news we could get the day before the season opener. It's just downright heartbreaking stuff.

Someone talk me off the ledge...because I truly don't think this team can withstand this kind of loss.

Let's just see what happens.  Stay on the ledge for now.  One of us will push you off when the time comes.

It's temporary  besides not being able to alter the facts, will force us to rally behind the rest of the team. It is a long season and we have no idea how long he will be out.

Think of it this way... if he misses 43 games, it won't count as an accrued season towards UFA status.   

C'mon - I watched it and I'm a squeamish namby pamby.

It's not because I'm squeamish lol.... After all I have to pull the placenta out of a uterus after a c section.... Doesn't get much more disgusting than that.

I just don't wanna see our star go down 8 minutes before prepping for game 1 of a season we all have been waiting for with baited breath.

I'll just wait for the medical details

It's not because I'm squeamish lol.... After all I have to pull the placenta out of a uterus after a c section.... Doesn't get much more disgusting than that.

I just don't wanna see our star go down 8 minutes before prepping for game 1 of a season we all have been waiting for with baited breath.

I'll just wait for the medical details

My wife's obstetrician displayed that glorious miracle to me after the birth of one of our kids. Through sheer dumb luck, I staggered back into a chair before I passed out on my feet.

It's a pretty common reaction...you should feel it though!!! Prolly feels better than Jack's ankle....

Did I cross the line ;)

Not at all - although I think that physician did, as she was pretty clearly doing it to see if she could get my ass laid out on the floor.