What to do with Moulson?

dudacek

• 3 weeks later...

I had it wrong: I expected Ennis to show signs of renewed life, and for Moulson to continue his fade into Bolivia. It's vice versa.

Settle done there big fella, still a long season to go. As I said elsewhere, I'm giving Ennis 10-15 games to find his sea legs. Moulson may be able to get a few PP goals (until his spot on the top unit is forfeit to Eichel), but is still giving zilch even strength. I give him credit for effort, but I don't think he's won a single board battle all year.

Settle done there big fella, still a long season to go. As I said elsewhere, I'm giving Ennis 10-15 games to find his sea legs. Moulson may be able to get a few PP goals (until his spot on the top unit is forfeit to Eichel), but is still giving zilch even strength. I give him credit for effort, but I don't think he's won a single board battle all year.

Good stuff.

We should all be patient with Ennis, of course. He's young, and he was once really quite good. I have faith that he will be good again.

He took one hit last night that made me yelp out loud. He skated away, apparently unscathed.

Good stuff.

We should all be patient with Ennis, of course. He's young, and he was once really quite good. I have faith that he will be good again.

He took one hit last night that made me yelp out loud. He skated away, apparently unscathed.

And seemed to play better afterwards, was thinking he played a little timid till then.

Good stuff.

He is 27, has played 370 NHL games. He is not young. We should be patient because of last years injury but he's got about 15-20 games of the crappy play before we should move on. He's a veteran and should get up to speed fast or else he isn't that good anymore. 

He is 27, has played 370 NHL games. He is not young. We should be patient because of last years injury but he's got about 15-20 games of the crappy play before we should move on. He's a veteran and should get up to speed fast or else he isn't that good anymore. 

Agreed.  Ennis needs time to find his game, I'm confident he'll get there.    I don't think this team will throw him on the trash heap after only 1/4 season. 

If Moulson keeps this up, GMTM will need to give serious consideration to protecting him in the expansion draft.    He's playing fast(er), and is much much more engaged on the forecheck and getting to loose pucks.    He'll continue to score if he keeps doing those little things.         

Fair. 

I guess I meant "in the early years of what should be his prime."

Agreed.  Ennis needs time to find his game, I'm confident he'll get there.    I don't think this team will throw him on the trash heap after only 1/4 season. 

If Moulson keeps this up, GMTM will need to give serious consideration to protecting him in the expansion draft.    He's playing fast(er), and is much much more engaged on the forecheck and getting to loose pucks.    He'll continue to score if he keeps doing those little things.

Nope.

He's way too expensive & the end is around the corner for him.

He won't be protected & he won't be taken unless Vegas is desperate to get to their expansion draft floor salary.

Whoa.

The odds are greater that Moulson will sprout wings and fly to Vegas than they are that GMTM will protect him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.