What to do with Moulson?

dudacek

I know the consensus here is he's done, but that doesn't chance the fact he's signed for three more years at $15 million. If you are Murray and Bylsma, what do you do?

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/09/24/sabres-notebook-moulson-lot-prove-scrimmage-results-shorter-muse-stands-tall/

Give him every opportunity to win a job in camp and preseason, and if (when) he fails, to Rochester he goes. Hope he retires in a year.

Give him every opportunity to win a job in camp and preseason, and if (when) he fails, to Rochester he goes. Hope he retires in a year.

I generally agree, but I think there is zero possibility he retires with $10 million left on the table.

Does anyone know the cap consequences if the Sabres buy him out after this season?

There is essentially zero reason to ever buy out his contract. It saves at most like a million on the cap, but extending the hit 2 years when we'll need cap space more is a pretty poor tradeoff IMO.

I generally agree, but I think there is zero possibility he retires with $10 million left on the table.

I think there's a better chance he retires than Brandon gets fired :p Edited by TrueBlueGED

I remember thinking around this time last year that Moulson would be the sidekick to Jack, the same way he was to Tavares.

And I still think the old Moulson could have been - he got to the right places and had the hands to finish what Jack created.

I don't recall that combo ever getting much of a look, and Matt's lack of speed being the most obvious reason why.

He just seems to be an incredibly poor fit for the fast game Bylsma preaches.

Edited by dudacek

I remember thinking around this time last year that Moulson would be the sidekick to Jack, the same way he was to Tavares.

And I still think the old Moulson could have been - he got to the right places and had the hands to finish what Jack created.

I don't recall that combo ever getting much of a look, and Matt's lack of speed being the most obvious reason why.

This concerns me on a higher level than just Moulson. We're not a very fast team right now.

Total hindsight, but maybe not. Tavares isn't a speed player, and he sure as heck wasn't his first couple years. He may never have been a good fit next to Jack.

I think Hot Daniel should arrange for a movie night during training camp - a private screening of Old Yeller.

Moulson will get the message.

Harsh.

Pretty sure it would turn into the Kassian-Hodgson of Sabrespace wagers, however :lol:

I was thinking more of the Matt Ellis of Sabrespace Wagers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.