Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

The saddest part about all of this is that this thread is over.

Don't be upset fellow Sabres fans, we dodged a bullet.    Let Jack be Jack without having to answer for his buddy.    

I honestly wish Jimmy the best in the NHL, he seems like a smart kid, but he'll have a target on his chest during camp and throughout the season so it'll be a rough ride for a bit.   And the sooner he figures out that the NHL doesn't revolve around him, the better.    

Besides Boston, closest team to home?  There are TONS of flghts or trains he can take to easly get back, and it is only a 3 hour or so drive?  

If being close to home but NOT for the Bruins was his priority, this was the best.

Yeh but its NYC hated by most Bostonians... another loss to rival for them.

I honestly see no appeal in NYR

Close to home, but not the Bruins, and hometown friends Hayes, Kreider. 

However, I don't see a very good pipeline of young talent in the organization, they had no 1st or 2nd round pick this year, and no 2nd round pick next year.    

Hockey's future has them ranked #27 in team prospect rankings (maybe Jimmy think he'll vault them all the way to #1?).

But we already knew winning is secondary to Jimmy.. otherwise he would've signed with NSH.

Close to home, but not the Bruins, and hometown friends Hayes, Kreider. 

However, I don't see a very good pipeline of young talent in the organization, they had no 1st or 2nd round pick this year, and no 2nd round pick next year.    

Hockey's future has them ranked #27 in team prospect rankings (maybe Jimmy think he'll vault them all the way to #1?).

But we already knew winning is secondary to Jimmy.. otherwise he would've signed with NSH.

This is why he will regret the decision.  No worries, we'll pick him up in free agency in a coupla years. Unless he sucks, then I'll be glad we didn't get 'im.

Hope he performs up to the hype, otherwise it's gonna be a rough ride dealing with the NYC media. Good luck Jimmah!!

And more proof he and his agent are full of crap.....out of the six teams Buffalo was never a finalist? Makes me wonder if he knew this two months ago.

Edited by Claude Balls

Per Joe Haggerty, Buffalo wasn't a finalist.

My take.... As much as we hate to admit it, even with Eichel the Sabres are still in FA hell.  It took trading for his rights to get him to hear our pitch, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to get a chance to sell the team to him.  I think GMTM took a gamble and moved a 3rd rd pick to get a chance at a kid that he wouldn't have had a chance with otherwise.

And I'm OK with that.

Now lets go win some playoff games and get out of FA hell, FFS.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.