Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

Ugh....Monahan just signed for 6.3 over 7 and lest we forget Stamkos. I am not knocking ROR, but to get him to sign we had to overpay.

He scored more points than Toews for 3 million less in fewer games. $7.5 million is perfect market value for first line centers that play elite defense too. He didnt turn down any money here that he would have taken elsewhere.

ROR's contract is dead on his actual on ice value.

Stamkos taking a discount and still costing a million more per year despite only scoring a few more points this year and playing no defense to speak of doesn't make ROR's contract look bad, it makes it look better.

He scored more points than Toews for 3 million less in fewer games. $7.5 million is perfect market value for first line centers that play elite defense too. He didnt turn down any money here that he would have taken elsewhere.

ROR's contract is dead on his actual on ice value.

Stamkos taking a discount and still costing a million more per year despite only scoring a few more points this year and playing no defense to speak of doesn't make ROR's contract look bad, it makes it look better.

He scored three less points than Monahan and 4 more than a 19yo rookie on his own team.  7.5 is not market value for a 60 pt center who will be a wing when if we contend.  I am glad he is here but to get him we paid the "because Buffalo" premium.  

He scored three less points than Monahan and 4 more than a 19yo rookie on his own team.  7.5 is not market value for a 60 pt center who will be a wing when if we contend.  I am glad he is here but to get him we paid the "because Buffalo" premium.  

Nope.  Not for ROR and not for Okposo.

We didn't offer him anything until we panicked when Briere decided to leave. Drury was spurned by DR and LQ.

DR/LQ spurned them both.  Source remains confidential until he retires or dies.

Edited by Eleven

We didn't offer him anything until we panicked when Briere decided to leave. Drury was spurned by DR and LQ.

Agree, In order for any major player to come to Buffalo they are going to have to overpay! Same goes for the Bills. Buffalo is not very high on many players wish list in either sport.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Hope he performs up to the hype, otherwise it's gonna be a rough ride dealing with the NYC media. Good luck Jimmah!!

And more proof he and his agent are full of crap.....out of the six teams Buffalo was never a finalist? Makes me wonder if he knew this two months ago.

Probably, didnt have guts to say so.

Talking to a couple kids from Boston who are my renters, they're immediate response was WTF and wwhat pus sy.

Would you please record and post so that we can make fun of their accents?

Also, for the first four weeks of NFL, same?

we are all happy, out of all the teams we wanted him to pick, Its the rangers.

Talking to a couple kids from Boston who are my renters, they're immediate response was WTF and wwhat pus sy.

He didn't pick buffalo, because like I stated earlier.  He probably doesn't think he is better than kane, fasching, bailey, ennis, okposo, nylander.

With the rangers, JT miller is his competition on second line LW.   

In Buffalo he would have been considered a middle six guy, with the rangers he can be a top 6 guy easier.

we are all happy, out of all the teams we wanted him to pick, Its the rangers.

He didn't pick buffalo, because like I stated earlier. He probably doesn't think he is better than kane, fasching, bailey, ennis, okposo, nylander.

With the rangers, JT miller is his competition on second line LW.

In Buffalo he would have been considered a middle six guy, with the rangers he can be a top 6 guy easier.

I think he sees Rick Nash's contract will come off the books and that money will be there.

He scored three less points than Monahan and 4 more than a 19yo rookie on his own team. 7.5 is not market value for a 60 pt center who will be a wing when if we contend. I am glad he is here but to get him we paid the "because Buffalo" premium.

Calgary has one offensive line, which contains a PPG dynamic winger. I'd eat my hat if O'Reilly didn't get SUBSTANTIALLY tougher minutes and zone starts. While dragging people like McGinn and Deslauriers and Foligno half the season. Monahan is great, but he's not on ROR's level in any aspect of the game right now, and that wasn't his UFA contract. Don't tell me you think he'll get $7.5 mil or less when that deal ends. His next contact, the proper one for ROR comparisons, will likely be much higher than 7.5. There was no "because buffalo" premium. Stastny got that much money.

I think he sees Rick Nash's contract will come off the books and that money will be there.

Yeah that looks good for him, but he'll still have to put up the numbers.  If he can't beat JT miller for 2LW and PP time he can forget about getting 4 mill a year even.

In the end it was a good move by our GM to take the gamble and we all liked the move.

After reading some scouts comments where some say he was in the weakest college division, maybe we could just sign Pirri and fill out a middle six spot that way dunno.

going to put my drunk ass to bed, good luck to vesey but we are more than good still :D

Agree, In order for any major player to come to Buffalo they are going to have to overpay! Same goes for the Bills. Buffalo is not very high on many players wish list in either sport.

Agreed. This team has to start winning and winning consistently in order for Buffalo to become a destination.

which I find funny. No one wants to play in buffalo but they have no problem living in buffalo when sports aren't involved. Curious if the pegula's are changing that mindset on both NHL and nfl.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.