Caggiula and Vesey prediction

PotentPowerPlay22

According to David Poile that was not the case at all, quite the opposite.

Eleven and Dudacek make excellent points. Poile was made it clear Vesey had a top six role with the Preds once his season was over at Harvard. Had Vesey Reps said to Poile, we are thinking of signing someplace else prior to the trade deadline, he could have gotten a list of teams he might be interested in. For example if Buffalo was on that list, TM could have offered McGinn to them for Vesey's Rights, that would become a 3rd Round Pick if he signs elsewhere.

That being said, I wouldn't be upset if he decided to be a Sabre

Eleven and Dudacek make excellent points. Poile was made it clear Vesey had a top six role with the Preds once his season was over at Harvard. Had Vesey Reps said to Poile, we are thinking of signing someplace else prior to the trade deadline, he could have gotten a list of teams he might be interested in. For example if Buffalo was on that list, TM could have offered McGinn to them for Vesey's Rights, that would become a 3rd Round Pick if he signs elsewhere.

That being said, I wouldn't be upset if he decided to be a Sab

It is really a he said/ he said situation. Both sides have given very different opinions as to what was said or promised and both sides have very real reasons to shade the truth. As usually in a case like this, the truth probably falls somewhere between. I would be very happy with Vesey signing here as long as it is not the big move upfront this summer.

It is really a he said/ he said situation. Both sides have given very different opinions as to what was said or promised and both sides have very real reasons to shade the truth. As usually in a case like this, the truth probably falls somewhere between. I would be very happy with Vesey signing here as long as it is not the big move upfront this summer.

I will admit that I have not seen Vesey's side of the story anywhere.

I will admit that I have not seen Vesey's side of the story anywhere.

Something along the lines of assurances of him signing were never explicitly given.

Even if he gave them his word and changed his mind, I have a hard time holding it against him. It's a bad look, but how many of us didn't change our minds at 21?

• 1 month later...

Eichel and Vesey work out together in the Boston Area too.  I think we have a good chance at signing him, maybe not as good as him going to Boston, but a chance.  Hopefully Eichel passes a lot to him this summer.I would have been happier if he was in Nantucket with Eichel over memorial day weekend, instead of Gronk and Johnny Hockey, but what can you do?

Eichel and Vesey work out together in the Boston Area too.  I think we have a good chance at signing him, maybe not as good as him going to Boston, but a chance.  Hopefully Eichel passes a lot to him this summer.I would have been happier if he was in Nantucket with Eichel over memorial day weekend, instead of Gronk and Johnny Hockey, but what can you do?

Vessey and Eichel have been friends for years having played together on many Boston-area travel teams plus the USA team last summer. They are linemates this summer. Oh, and they have the same agent.

Very good chance Vessey signs with Buffalo if Murray wants him.

I see Eichel's team (Harlow) won 9-3 last night in their first game of summer league action. I don't see a place to find the stats, though. Anyone know if our boy fed Vesey for some goals?

GO SABRES!!!

That sounds like a summer league score......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.