Caggiula and Vesey prediction

PotentPowerPlay22

Neither free agent will land in Buffalo. Drake to western Canada and Vesey to Boston. Sorry one of them won't choose Buffalo. Just a prediction. I have no info, just a gut feeling.

Vesey is the prize. While Caggiula could surprise, the overwhelming sentiment is that he is s fourth liner with some scoring ability.

I think Vesey comes down to Toronto or Boston with Buffalo being the compromise choice. Wouldn't bet on any of them, though.

Edited by tom webster

Even before the Drake news wouldn't say we were the favourite for either.

I would say we are/were in the running for both.

Really, don't these things come down to what little things make a difference to each individual personality?

Edited by dudacek

Make no mistake, Caggiulla knew he would have a tough time making team with similar type forwards in abundance in Buffalo. He was greatful for opportunity Buffalo gave him in training camp but in the end Edmonton was best chance at making NHL roster of a team on the rise.

Murray is in the market for high end forwards plus a veteran depth forward on a one or two year deal. Drake isn't what they are looking for.

Plus he gets a chance of playing with Mcjesus, I'm not hurt he didn't pick us, I'm hopeful vesey gives us a fair share, but seems more convoluted.

If we don't get vesey, it hurts my Tom Webster contest predictions :/

Not picking on you, I've seen this in multiple posts. If he is a fourth liner at best, how is he going to play with mcjesus?

Not picking on you, I've seen this in multiple posts. If he is a fourth liner at best, how is he going to play with mcjesus?

I actually just read through other threads and saw it, I don't exactly know where he is supposed to slot, it seemed like western Canada was where he wanted to be, I just have to assume that during talks that could have been a bullet point to help sway, not saying he is going to get 1st line status right away... Or ever; but in buffalo we view eichel as a piece to lure other players, at least Edmonton has connor for those exact purposes...... Not much else.

Well he gets to carry his bag, dump the bucket of pucks on the ice and maybe get a lap in.

Make no mistake, Caggiulla knew he would have a tough time making team with similar type forwards in abundance in Buffalo. He was greatful for opportunity Buffalo gave him in training camp but in the end Edmonton was best chance at making NHL roster of a team on the rise.

Murray is in the market for high end forwards plus a veteran depth forward on a one or two year deal. Drake isn't what they are looking for.

But is Vesey?

Drakes already gone.

Vesey I think signs with Boston.

I would say that's more and more likely by the day.  Eriksson hits UFA, they lock in a replacement that's 22 into their top six who has a power game. Continues to reform their core long term.  ###### Boston!

But is Vesey?

Vesey is a top 6 forward for sure.  He has a lot to like about his game.  I could see him having an impact like Kevin Hayes did in his first season with the Rags.  Though he regressed quickly his second season. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

What's there to be uncomfortable about what he did to NAS? He told them he wasn't signing with them well before the trading deadline. He played four years in college, giving him the rght to choose where he plays. Others have very recently done the same. If he chooses BUF due to his friendship with Captain Jack, I may be able to get over it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.