Favourite Memories from the 2015-16 Season

Randall Flagg

The fight at the end of the Arizona game is exactly what you want to see from a young team. I don't want to have to worry that there aren't players that will stick up for their teammates, and clearly that's not an issue with this group. The Colorado trade is probably my #2, Z was fine and all and I did like him here but what were they thinking? And lastly the development of not just Eichel, but also Samson. After barely being able to play the NHL game last year Reinhart has become one of the smartest players on the team, almost always in the right spot or making the right pass. And Eichel is just Eichel. Everything that needs to be said about him has been covered in this thread already. Seeing these two play together has and will continue to be a real treat.

My favorite memory is NOT having any player on the team that was a "whipping boy." (Larsson was ready to be there but then DB moved him to 3C and he was excellent in that role.)

It was a fun season. How truly sad that an 81 point season felt this good. F### "suffering."

Sam's no look backhand pass from the boards in the neutral zone to a flying Eichel, who goes in to score.

The future is so bright, I gotta wear shades.

yes, that was sweet too!

My favorite memory is NOT having any player on the team that was a "whipping boy." (Larsson was ready to be there but then DB moved him to 3C and he was excellent in that role.)

It was a fun season. How truly sad that an 81 point season felt this good. F### "suffering."

pysyk is close! Some people are hating on him, lol

Prosps!

Prosps? Is that sort of like Cusps? :p

So many Eichel moments, the biggest of which have been mentioned. So I'll go a different route: all of those Eichel moments that could have resulted in goals but didn't because he overpassed or the receiver of his pass flubbed the chance. And I mean that in a good way. We all know the types of players who you don't notice unless they show up on the score sheet...well, Eichel is the opposite of that. Almost all of his missed opportunities were the result of him doing something incredible with the puck. Even in his worst games, he'd always have a couple plays to marvel at. The future...nay, the present, is bright.

O'Reilly being even better than I thought he was. Watching him do his thing every night was beautiful. To think we got ripped for overpaying him....ha! Something about laughing last laughing loudest.

Risto's development. I know he had a wild ride in the second half, but to have him emerge as a top pairing Dman at 21 years old was phenomenal both to watch, and for what it means going forward.

Samson. He's better than I expected, sooner than I expected. Instead of searching for reasons why he can be Toews, I'm searching for reasons why he can't be.

Larsson! I love me some Johan.

Last but certainly not least: the return of true hockey talk to Sabrespace. We're no longer arguing about whether we should be trying to win, but rather, what we should do to win more. Arguing about McGinn's value, Bylsma's coaching, Bogo, and right on down the line to the merits of throwing Fort Knox at Stamkos. It's been a beautiful thing.

I know the tank had a pretty profound effect on many around here (certainly more than I had anticipated), and some even had trouble getting into it this year as a result, but think of this season as a year of healing. The hockey talk was good even if you weren't involved, the team is clearly on the right path, and we're headed for the most exciting offseason we've had in years. Let the wounds of old be gone, come back, and help Sabrespace be reborn in all its glory. It's a new beginning, be a part of it.

A long time ago, in an arena far, far away

Sabrespace Episode IV: A NEW HOPE

It is a period of intense suffering on the interwebs.

Sabre scouts, striking from a remote cantina in the fringe system of Fort Lauderdale have won their first victory against Lord Bettman's evil empire. After seizing plans to the galaxy's ultimate cloaking device ROR2, rebel leader Obi-wan Murray has managed to steal the keys to the universe's ultimate weapon, the YEICHEL, an armoured attack vehicle with enough power to destroy the entire Eastern Conference. Pursued by the sinister agents Babcock and Julien, DISCO DAN races home to the FN Centre accompanied by a pale silent assassin named RISTO and the mysterious SAMSON, custodian of the one device that can end tanking talk once and for all, and restore peace to Sabrespace...

Edited by dudacek

A long time ago, in an arena far, far away

Sabrespace Episode IV: A NEW HOPE

It is a period of intense suffering on the interwebs.

Sabre scouts, striking from a remote cantina in the fringe system of Fort Lauderdale have won their first victory against Lord Bettman's evil empire. After seizing plans to the galaxy's ultimate cloaking device ROR2, rebel leader Obi-wan Murray has managed to steal the keys to the universe's ultimate weapon, the YEICHEL, an armoured attack vehicle with enough power to destroy the entire Eastern Conference. Pursued by the sinister agents Babcock and Julien, DISCO DAN races home to the FN Centre accompanied by a pale silent assassin named RISTO and the mysterious SAMSON, custodian of the one device that can end tanking talk once and for all, and restore peace to Sabrespace...

Where's the trailer?

Glad I'm not the only one that would have flooded this thread with Eichel memories  :) There are too many to list, and you've all hit on the best of them already. 

Among others, I'm really glad someone mentioned Kane's pass to set up Samson's hat trick in Winnipeg. I think we all know how badly Kane wanted to bag one against his old team. With the empty net looming, he had the presence of mind to get that puck to his rookie teammate instead of shooting the dagger himself. The unselfishness paired with Reino's first hat trick was very memorable.

Kane going 3-0 against Petrovic is something that'll stick with me too, being there in person. Kane skating to the box showing "2-0" with his fingers, man, that was some good stuff!

This goal and the ensuing celebration deserve a spot in this thread: 

3putt has mine. "He shrugged off Sustr like a pesky gnat!"

I knew I would love Jack Eichel, I never realized how much I'd love Samson and Johan. They're all 3 tougher and more badass than I ever expected.

My favorite SS memory was probably WC admitting that his mental image of me was a drop dead sexy Swede (Danne Panne? Is that his name?).

3putt has mine. "He shrugged off Sustr like a pesky gnat!"

I knew I would love Jack Eichel, I never realized how much I'd love Samson and Johan. They're all 3 tougher and more badass than I ever expected.

My favorite SS memory was probably WC admitting that his mental image of me was a drop dead sexy Swede (Danne Panne? Is that his name?).

I remember that :lol: It still is, along with Eleven as a stoic Gilbert and a few others

Thread wise, my favorite thread this year was the Sharks GDT a couple of weeks back where halfway through we had Sofia Vergara debate 

Duff does a quick 2m+ review on the Sabres season, pretty good clip

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/718943380303024128

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.