Favourite Memories from the 2015-16 Season

Randall Flagg

HOPE returns, the end of the tank, being happy when we win again and disappointed when we lose

Favorite Jack moment was when I was at the Dallas game and he raced in and apparently ran out of room but made a 90 degree turn, took on 2 Stars defenders and crashed the net. The speed, skating and strength it took to make that play was breathtaking and even the Stars fans looked at us Sabre Fans with a WTF was that look. Meeting Robin Egg and his son at the game.

The post game fight in Arizona and the realization that Jack and Samson weren't going to be star rivals on this team but were actually friends as they walked into the locker room. These two budding stars like playing with each other.

The late Christmas present where we scored 5 straight goals against and at the hated Bruins. Jack's first 4 point game.

Seeing the world famous Alcatraz, The Alamo and Bogo's Bunker.

Getting spoiled by WildCard's GDTs

Reinhart, Risto, McCabe's development. Kane's pass to Samson for the hat trick in Winnipeg, the day officially became a Sabre. Johnson becoming a competent GK. They are fun to watch again.

Edited by jsb

The more I watch that replay of the Hail Mary goal, the more I want to give credit to MSG and its director.  Great concept to have a live cam on Rick and Rob for one game, perfect cutaway from the picture-in-picture when it became apparent something was about to happen, and then cut back to Rick and Rob on fullscreen again, with absolutely perfect timing.  That's some pretty kickass direction of a live event.

The more I watch that replay of the Hail Mary goal, the more I want to give credit to MSG and its director.  Great concept to have a live cam on Rick and Rob for one game, perfect cutaway from the picture-in-picture when it became apparent something was about to happen, and then cut back to Rick and Rob on fullscreen again, with absolutely perfect timing.  That's some pretty kickass direction of a live event.

Is there a link to this?

This goal and the ensuing celebration deserve a spot in this thread: 

Thanks for posting this. This is absolutely on the list for me, mostly because it was the only game I made it to this year. Also, right before that goal there was some Vancouver fan giving us crap about having an AHL goalie in net (apparently he didn't notice that they had 35 SOG to our 17, yet it was 2-2 at the time). As soon as Risto scored, his group couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Thanks for posting this. This is absolutely on the list for me, mostly because it was the only game I made it to this year. Also, right before that goal there was some Vancouver fan giving us crap about having an AHL goalie in net (apparently he didn't notice that they had 35 SOG to our 17, yet it was 2-2 at the time). As soon as Risto scored, his group couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Without Ennis, that play never happens.

No. If it was just this year sure, have all the feels. But all the feels don't get to last three more years!!!  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:

Well, yeah. There is that. I'm choosing not to think of that for now.

And, hey. Maybe Moulson can somehow return to being useful.

No. If it was just this year sure, have all the feels. But all the feels don't get to last three more years!!!  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:

Oh for Pete's sake.

Who pooped in your Corn Flakes this morning.

I would sign Matt to a 2 year extension right now.  Then you could barf 5 times for each of the remaining years.

Do you not think that Matt has played a big part in Eich's maturation this season?

Oh for Pete's sake.

Who pooped in your Corn Flakes this morning.

I would sign Matt to a 2 year extension right now.  Then you could barf 5 times for each of the remaining years.

Do you not think that Matt has played a big part in Eich's maturation this season?

I had Cinnamon Toast Crunch this morning, tyvm!

I have no idea what kind of influence Moulson had, but assuming it was greater than zero, I'm 100% positive this is not a "Moulson or nothing" situation. If Moulson didn't do it, I believe some other veteran would have.

I had Cinnamon Toast Crunch this morning, tyvm!

I have no idea what kind of influence Moulson had, but assuming it was greater than zero, I'm 100% positive this is not a "Moulson or nothing" situation. If Moulson didn't do it, I believe some other veteran would have.

Sorry, but I stopped reading at *tyvm* ...  :unsure:

I'm really not so sure.

I don't disagree that the contract is overly long given how poorly he played, but I think the original point was that Moulson was worth what the team paid him this past season given the apparent effect he and his family and home had on Eichel.

Disagree with that?

I'm really not so sure.

I don't disagree that the contract is overly long given how poorly he played, but I think the original point was that Moulson was worth what the team paid him this past season given the apparent effect he and his family and home had on Eichel.

Disagree with that?

Yes, I disagree, because I don't think Eichel would have been allowed to become a mess. Do you really think Gionta/Gorges/Legwand/O'Reilly would have seen Eichel supremely struggling with becoming a pro, and just shrugged their shoulders? To say nothing of the higher ups in the organization. Hell just watching the locker cleanout stuff I got the impression Eichel and Reinhart spent more time together away from the rink than Eichel and Moulson.

Edit: This is supposed to be a happy thread, so sorry for the derail. This'll be my last word on the topic.

I want October to be here dammit! :)

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I don't think Eichel would have been allowed to become a mess.

There are plenty of other (more likely) outcomes that would not have been ideal.

Do you really think Gionta/Gorges/Legwand/O'Reilly would have seen Eichel supremely struggling with becoming a pro, and just shrugged their shoulders? 

Again, I'm really not sure. Were any of those first three guys in a position to open their homes to Eichel? As for O'Reilly, I don't think that he would have been a candidate to serve as something like a billeting and mentor family for young Jack.

To say nothing of the higher ups in the organization. 

It was the higher-ups who settled on Moulson as the person to do this very important job.

Hell just watching the locker cleanout stuff I got the impression Eichel and Reinhart spent more time together away from the rink than Eichel and Moulson.

Sure. That makes sense.

Edit: This is supposed to be a happy thread, so sorry for the derail. This'll be my last word on the topic.

YOU were the one who rained on my parade, sir. This conversation isn't over until say it's over.  :P

I want October to be here dammit! :)

Amen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.