Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Thank you.

Here's the deal.....

You can't bitch about concussions and fighting in hockey, then bitch about refs who have to jump in with no defense in order to prevent brutal fights and concussions because they drop a bad word at a guy who has a history of putting refs' personal safety at risk because of their antics.

I'm not sure about connecting concussions with bitching about the refs, but I agree with the sentiment.  Refs have to take more ###### than anybody, and I tend to understand where they're coming from (a realization I came to after getting pissed about beer league a few times and my brother showing me the light).

My dad was an ECHL hockey doctor for a while and his report was that those guys (the players) are ###### crazy.  Broken arm? Don't care, get me back into the game, Doc.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Well, he did make it to the Bigs. hiding.gif

That article was disgusting.  Your comment isn't appropriate even if it's a joke.

And besides, he gave no credit to his father for him making it to the NHL.  Despite all that he went through, it was his love of the game that got him there and through hell.  Not his father's psychopathic "methods".  Love how the community and his own mother looked the other way as well.  As a parent and father I am absolutely disgusted, and hope karma bites back hard and unmercifully.

Edited by EastsideOasis

That article was disgusting.  Your comment isn't appropriate even it's a joke.

And besides, he gave no credit to his father for him making it to the NHL.  Despite all that he went through, it was his love of the game that got him there and through hell.  Not his father's psychopathic "methods".  Love how the community and his own mother looked the other way as well.  As a parent and father I am absolutely disgusted, and hope karma bites back hard and unmercifully.

He obviously doesn't have contact with his father, I wonder if he keeps in touch with his mother though.

That article was disgusting.  Your comment isn't appropriate even if it's a joke.

Lighten up. 

Are you seriously telling me to lighten up regarding your tasteless "jokes" about child abuse?  Thanks, I'll take this opportunity to "lighten up" which posts appear on my screen, and yours just missed the cut.

No, I'm sick of you bleeding hearts telling me what I can and can't say and then turning around and telling us all about tolernace.

Don't twist the situation, it wasn't a joke about child abuse. If it gets to the point where you feel the need to tell me what to say, perhaps you should put me on ignore.

Again, my beef isn't with the use of the f-word. It's the phraseology. Did the CIO tell anyone "###### you"? Did anyone return the favor?

"Neal is a ###### diver, ###### you!" is for the fans. The refs should be more impassive, impartial, like judges. Most of them are jackholes. I call this the PA Effect. I say refs are jerks, and no one can agree. I hear ya, Obama, I hear ya. He proposed today that Apple Pie be named the national pie, and Republicans were like, "Elderberry! You Muslim Kenyan!"

The former player is a great angle on this. They do seem to act like a seventh man on the ice at times.

You give yourself too much credit.  People don't disagree with you because of who you are... it's purely because of what you say.  At least that's how it is for me.  I have been told "F U" before as a matter of fact.  I did return the favor. It's not healthy diatribe but it has happened.

I agree. That was way too much emotion for an official to have. He is supposed to just call the rules.

Curious if you've ever been a paid official for a sporting event.  It's damn near impossible to keep emotion OUT of things.  Look at how easily people fly off the handle in comment sections. Referees are people and they are every bit as emotional as the average person.  I was a baseball umpire for awhile and definitely told a coach to "Go sit the F down before I toss your [butt] out of the GD park."  I'd love to say I am some kind of Vulcan... but I'm not.

Lighten up. 

Over the line in my opinion as well.  Not everything requires a joke to be made about it. You do yourself a disservice by posting what you did. You can tell me to lighten up as well. I'm just telling you how I see it. Your reputation took a hit in my book, whether you care or not.

No, I'm sick of you bleeding hearts telling me what I can and can't say and then turning around and telling us all about tolernace.

Don't twist the situation, it wasn't a joke about child abuse. If it gets to the point where you feel the need to tell me what to say, perhaps you should put me on ignore.

Nobody is telling you what to say. People are telling you that what you're saying is garbage. You can say it all you want.

Curious if you've ever been a paid official for a sporting event.  It's damn near impossible to keep emotion OUT of things.  Look at how easily people fly off the handle in comment sections. Referees are people and they are every bit as emotional as the average person.  I was a baseball umpire for awhile and definitely told a coach to "Go sit the F down before I toss your [butt] out of the GD park."  I'd love to say I am some kind of Vulcan... but I'm not.

I have no problem with that (similar to what Shrader had written). But yelling "F### you!"? To me, that was weird.

I have no problem with you or anyone else posting whatever the heck they want. You simply posted a viewpoint, which to me is no great Internet crime. (I lean Libertarian, of course)

I agree. If you don't like what someone posts, ignore it and move on

I have no problem with you or anyone else posting whatever the heck they want. You simply posted a viewpoint, which to me is no great Internet crime. (I lean Libertarian, of course)

Thank you. 

I agree with this. But I don't think it's a great crime to say you think something somebody said was bad. And if you don't like somebody saying what you said was bad then... Ignore it and move on.

I have no problem with that (similar to what Shrader had written). But yelling "F### you!"? To me, that was weird.

It seemed strange to be certain.  I think part of it is that normally that would never be picked up because the crowd is making noise.  So he projects his voice and BOOM...  if he's standing 10 feet from Neal does it change things?  

As do I.  People post what they want. The purpose of my feedback was simply to let JJ know that I thought it was over the line as well (not a single opinion) and that it was in poor taste.  It's feedback for him.  If no one says anything then he might believe that no one had a problem with it. If everyone stays silent but HAS a problem with it then go back and reread the article in question because that was a major issue in the article.  That said, it behooves no one to stay silent if they have issue with it.

But if I recall it wasn't really a viewpoint so much as it was an attempt at some humor (ill or otherwise) in a situation that is about as disgusting as it could get.

Again it was said, it was responded to, so be it.