Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

It seemed strange to be certain.  I think part of it is that normally that would never be picked up because the crowd is making noise.  So he projects his voice and BOOM...  if he's standing 10 feet from Neal does it change things?  

As do I.  People post what they want. The purpose of my feedback was simply to let JJ know that I thought it was over the line as well (not a single opinion) and that it was in poor taste.  It's feedback for him.  If no one says anything then he might believe that no one had a problem with it. If everyone stays silent but HAS a problem with it then go back and reread the article in question because that was a major issue in the article.  That said, it behooves no one to stay silent if they have issue with it.

But if I recall it wasn't really a viewpoint so much as it was an attempt at some humor (ill or otherwise) in a situation that is about as disgusting as it could get.

Again it was said, it was responded to, so be it.

I wasn't aware I needed approval to post here. Nowhere did I attack anybody here, nowhere did I make any threats, nowhere was I profane and derogatory. In order for a forum to maintain civility those are the key aspects that need to be followed. 

This whole country has become so soft and insecure that it's become nearly impossible to say anything without somebody getting offended. When more and more people get silenced because somebody finds a way to make it offensive, dialogue disappears and we're left of a shell of what this forum once was. 

Somebody mentioned (the guy that put me on ignore for saying 'lighten up') that I was making jokes about child abuse. Stop with the theatrics. I said he made the Bigs. Before assuming I was making a joke perhaps you should consider that maybe I was addressing the fact that he did make the NHL no matter how heinous the actions of his father were. He probably wouldn't have made it had it not been for his father. 

The offendees should sit back and re-evaluate things, look at the spectacle that's been created just because of one statement that wasn't even a joke to begin with. People aren't getting soft and insecure? Look at a handful of the last several posts. Would it be more acceptable if I get permission before posting? How about we make a list of things we're not allowed to say so we don't hurt anybody's feelings? Until then, I'll continue to say what's on my mind. It's not my problem if somebody finds it offensive. Nothing is offensive as long as you don't let it offend you. 

God forbid somebody actually says something truly profane. 

I wasn't aware I needed approval to post here. Nowhere did I attack anybody here, nowhere did I make any threats, nowhere was I profane and derogatory. In order for a forum to maintain civility those are the key aspects that need to be followed. 

This whole country has become so soft and insecure that it's become nearly impossible to say anything without somebody getting offended. When more and more people get silenced because somebody finds a way to make it offensive, dialogue disappears and we're left of a shell of what this forum once was. 

Somebody mentioned (the guy that put me on ignore for saying 'lighten up') that I was making jokes about child abuse. Stop with the theatrics. I said he made the Bigs. Before assuming I was making a joke perhaps you should consider that maybe I was addressing the fact that he did make the NHL no matter how heinous the actions of his father were. He probably wouldn't have made it had it not been for his father. 

The offendees should sit back and re-evaluate things, look at the spectacle that's been created just because of one statement that wasn't even a joke to begin with. People aren't getting soft and insecure? Look at a handful of the last several posts. Would it be more acceptable if I get permission before posting? How about we make a list of things we're not allowed to say so we don't hurt anybody's feelings? Until then, I'll continue to say what's on my mind. It's not my problem if somebody finds it offensive. Nothing is offensive as long as you don't let it offend you. 

Dude, lighten up. (I'm joking a bit, but seriously, you made a moderately distasteful joke, he called you on it, that's it; you don't need to get all offended that someone didn't like what you said)

Policing doesn't mean attack somebody.  It means informing them that you didn't like what they said and why.  It's not from nothing that we have a friendly, informative atmosphere here.

Why do you feel it's necessary to police me? Did I swear? Did I attack anybody here? Is this hockey player a member here? Did I threaten anybody? 

If this warrants policing, this forum is in for a rapid demise.

I really hate this soft, politically correct culture we have where people get all bent out of shape over small jokes.

*proceeds to throw temper tantrum when somebody doesn't like what I said*

Good times.

Fancy Stats suck  :flirt:

The bolded is the offensive part.  If you read the article and what that kid went through, it was criminal and no credit should be given to the father.  And it wasn't.  The guy specifically said his father had nothing to do with him making the NHL.  Even if in some alternate universe it was the reason, it still does not remotely excuse any of his father's actions.

I actually gave you more credit than I should have because I had to believe you were joking.

You have a right to say whatever you want.  I and others have a right to let you know that we disagree and consider it inappropriate for the given situation.  Disagreements happen everyday on this board and in every thread, and no one else reacts the way you do when called out.

The bolded is the offensive part.  If you read the article and what that kid went through, it was criminal and no credit should be given to the father.  And it wasn't.  The guy specifically said his father had nothing to do with him making the NHL.  Even if in some alternate universe it was the reason, it still does not remotely excuse any of his father's actions.

I actually gave you more credit than I should have because I had to believe you were joking.

You have a right to say whatever you want.  I and others have a right to let you know that we disagree and consider it inappropriate for the given situation.  Disagreements happen everyday on this board and in every thread, and no one else reacts the way you do when called out.

I was defending myself from the ridiculous statement you made. You've been a loose cannon since the day you got here, it's the 3rd time your insecure psyche has cried about something I said. No one else reacts to me the way you do.

If you really did believe the fact I was joking you wouldn't have started this train wreck in the first place and just let it go.

I gave you too much credit for standing by your actions and keeping me on ignore.

I didn't start this, do us all a favor and end it. You've repeatedly attacked me because of this all while losing it over a silly comment. Take a look back at the things you've said to me and then look up the definition of double standard. You didn't offend me, but I felt obligated to note the hypocrisy.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I would say what happened to O'Sullivan was unbelievable but I know how real it is. He's right. A thousand words can't do it justice. It's the ultimate betrayal. No person ever should have a concussion cause by their father. Or their head stitched up. Or their regular Friday night "toughness training"....I literally have thousands of words about "stuff".

I can understand someone being offended by those words with the the little emoti under the chair. That little scared emoti under the chair alone could be highly offensive to someone who has had to do it for real. Jokes are fun, but there is nothing wrong with admitting that you went over the line and you're sorry. I have been fortunate enough to have had a sliver of repentance from my perpetrator. That has helped. I applaud O'Sullivan. Good man. I personally view child abusers as weaklings that can't handle their reality. I have great sympathy for them for they truly are weak.

I would say what happened to O'Sullivan was unbelievable but I know how real it is. He's right. A thousand words can't do it justice. It's the ultimate betrayal. No person ever should have a concussion cause by their father. Or their head stitched up. Or their regular Friday night "toughness training"....I literally have thousands of words about "stuff".

I can understand someone being offended by those words with the the little emoti under the chair. That little scared emoti under the chair alone could be highly offensive to someone who has had to do it for real. Jokes are fun, but there is nothing wrong with admitting that you went over the line and you're sorry. I have been fortunate enough to have had a sliver of repentance from my perpetrator. That has helped. I applaud O'Sullivan. Good man. I personally view child abusers as weaklings that can't handle their reality. I have great sympathy for them for they truly are weak.

If an emoji is considered highly offensive, I'm not the one with the issue.

I'm sorry some people are so insecure with self esteem issues.

Instead of chastising me, perhaps some people should re-evaluate themselves and stop blaming others.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

If an emoji is considered highly offensive, I'm not the one with the issue.

I'm sorry some people are so insecure with self esteem issues.

Instead of chastising me, perhaps some people should re-evaluate themselves and stop blaming others.

I don't feel like I'm chastising you. I'm sorry that you do. Also, I have no self esteem problems. Just the opposite in fact. I not only survived it, I broke the cycle. I'm a pillar in my community. My post had very little to do with you personally. You just happened to be the one with the offensive comment.