Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

It is well documented that his time in Russia, especially losing friends in that plane crash changed him. It's still remarkable that he has been able to sustain his physical abilities at such an age.

A player also had a heart attack and soon after died. At the time he was sitting next to the guy on the bench in the KHL.

This is an absolutely terrific breakdown of the PK Subban / Grigorenko play from last week, together with Therrien's actions, and a little bit about the state of the Habs as a whole.  It's a little long (7 min) but it's worthwhile: https://www.nhl.com/video/nhl-tonight-pk-subban-benching/t-277350912/c-41541703

The announcement from the team on Kovalchuk said that he had been dismissed from the team, but apparently it appears to only be a one-game benching (for now):

My understanding of the Kovalchuk situation is it is a one-game benching (for now) by coach Sergei Zubov.

Edited by Hoss

Zubov!  Quick story time.  I was in Salt Lake City for work a couple years ago, and I was speaking with a Russian fella there who was in college in Utah during the 2002 Olympics.  Because he spoke the language, he was hired by the Russian hockey team to help them find their way around the city.  Most notably, he had to drive Zubov to Nevada so he could gamble.  Zubov apparently promptly blew $15,000, and then argued with his wife the entire drive back to SLC.  It sounded real awkward.

Doesn't matter. Who the heck takes their baby anywhere near that?

Traditionally people that can't afford to go to games go to practices and other informal things like that and its not unusual to see young parents at those kind of things with their babies. The article doesn't address whether she knew picks were going to be thrown into the stands or was not paying attention.

Traditionally people that can't afford to go to games go to practices and other informal things like that and its not unusual to see young parents at those kind of things with their babies. The article doesn't address whether she knew picks were going to be thrown into the stands or was not paying attention.

Man. I guess I just don't get it. Must be because I'm not a parent. But there are a lot of places I'm not going to take a baby, and a hockey rink is one of them.