Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

I know McDavid will win it because McDavid, but I really think Gostistbehere should get the Calder if the season ended today.

He's starting to force the Ekblad scenario versus Stone and Gaudreau from last season IMO.  He's honing in on Panarin fast.  I loved watching him in the Frozen four when he was with Union a few seasons ago.  

Edited by TheCerebral1

Not sure where to post this (also if this gets moved to a different topic let me know where)

I'm looking to buy tickets to a Sabres game. Does anyone have any promo codes that will work? It doesn't hurt to ask i guess. I prefer using stub hub but am open to other places. Thanks!

When Jagr entered the league I really disliked him.... I respected his talent but I didn't like him.

Now I wish he never left the NHL and I have to root for him all the time.  He's simply amazing and one of the best of all time.

Jagr is now 3rd all time in goals, after moving ahead of Brett Hull tonight 

Gretzky: 894

Howe: 801

Jagr: 742

Getzlaf is having a stellar year too  :P

I watched Jagr a lot his rookie year ... we lived in Pittsburgh at the time.

An amazing talent. With him not really slowing down much I could see him passing Howe ... would take another 2 seasons at 25 goals. Certainly doable, IMO, and I hope he does. Another 150, or so, to catch Wayne ... hey why not.

When Jagr entered the league I really disliked him.... I respected his talent but I didn't like him.

Now I wish he never left the NHL and I have to root for him all the time.  He's simply amazing and one of the best of all time.

He was a primadonna's primadonna in my eyes.  I disliked him right up until he left for Russia.  To my eye, his time in Russia changed him.  For the better.  I'm a fan now.

I don't think he was utilized in Jersey like he should have been. But I got the impression he was just an aging star hanging on by the thread of his career. But the veteran leadership he has brought to the Panthers is priceless. His very first game last year you could see him out there during the game coaching all the young guys, nonstop. He's directing traffic, showing these guys what to do, he's a coach in uniform. He's lost both of his regular linemates so when Huber deal went out last night with a nasty looking hit, he immediately took Trochek under his wing and was showing him what to do. Even without his scoring, this guy's been a big part of Florida's surge. I hope they're working on an extension.

It is well documented that his time in Russia, especially losing friends in that plane crash changed him. It's still remarkable that he has been able to sustain his physical abilities at such an age.

Yep. He is definitely a different, and far more likeable, player than the guy that left for Russia.

I don't think he was utilized in Jersey like he should have been. But I got the impression he was just an aging star hanging on by the thread of his career. But the veteran leadership he has brought to the Panthers is priceless. His very first game last year you could see him out there during the game coaching all the young guys, nonstop. He's directing traffic, showing these guys what to do, he's a coach in uniform. He's lost both of his regular linemates so when Huber deal went out last night with a nasty looking hit, he immediately took Trochek under his wing and was showing him what to do. Even without his scoring, this guy's been a big part of Florida's surge. I hope they're working on an extension.

I hope not.  I wouldn't mind such tutelage for the Buffalo youngsters.

I watched Jagr a lot his rookie year ... we lived in Pittsburgh at the time.

An amazing talent. With him not really slowing down much I could see him passing Howe ... would take another 2 seasons at 25 goals. Certainly doable, IMO, and I hope he does. Another 150, or so, to catch Wayne ... hey why not.

I will go so far to say that if he stays healthy, he is a lock to surpass Howe. His dedication and discipline when it comes to nutrition, training, etc., is amazing. Admirable, really. 

GO SABRES!!!

He was a primadonna's primadonna in my eyes. I disliked him right up until he left for Russia. To my eye, his time in Russia changed him. For the better. I'm a fan now.

I was a little kid when Jagr broke into the league so I didn't see it like that. He was just awesome all the time to me, and he had awesome hair. So he's pretty much always been one of my favorite players.