Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

So Kasdorf stopped 29 of 32 in helping RPI pull-out a tie at Cornell. He's got good size, very poised in net. Seems like ice water in his veins even when things got physical or went against him. First goal was a soft shot less than 30 seconds into the game from the blue line through all sorts of people and may have deflected more than once. He had no chance on the 2nd and the third went to a video review to see if he had been interfered with. In any event there was a ton of traffic in front of him and a hard shot from the point trickled in. None of these goals nor the obnoxious (but great college hockey) crowd at Lynah Rink seemed to bother him. He doesn't move as smoothly as say, Lehner or Johnson but he's not an NHL goalie yet. Nice glove hand and uses his pads well. Doesn't go down too quickly.

The RPI coach Seth Appert came to the restaurant where some RPI alumni had gathered before the game and spoke to the group. He started out with glowing praise for Kasdorf calling him one of the 10 best goalies in the NCAA and particularly praising his maturity and leadership. Kasdorf is married with a child due in May. Appert says that although he's a Senior he has a 5th year of eligibility and it's 50/50 whether he signs with the Sabres or comes back for a grad school year of college hockey. 

Anyway, he's a good guy to have in the system and maybe we'll see him in Rochester next year. I don't think he'd be out of place at all. 

PS - RPI tied it with less than a minute left and the goalie pulled. A solid effort for an out manned squad with 5 of their top 12 forwards out with injury.

PPS - college hockey is so great.

There's no way he saw the 1st one. That was an ugly goal.

For a college goalie, I was actually very impressed w/ his positioning (always (well excepting the 1st goal) was square to the shot). Guy is huge and kept a veeerrry overmatched RPI squad in the game. Cornell should have won it going away.

In order, teams I don't want winning the lottery:

Toronto

Edmonton

Winnipeg

My list

1. Edmonton

2. Edmonton

3. Edmonton

4. Edmonton

5. Edmonton

6. Edmonton

7. Edmonton

8. Edmonton

9. Toronto

10. Edmonton

11. Edmonton

12. Edmonton

13. Edmonton

14. Edmonton

15. Edmonton

At the risk of stenbaro calling me a troll...

At the very least it shows the coach has confidence in him to play a good D game if he is on the ice at the end of a game...

Lots of Jets' fans speculating that Staf could be moved out this summer to make room for younger players. We have a LOT of young RWers with Dano just being picked up. I wouldn't disagree to this move if the return is substantial enough. Wheeler, Dano, Armia and Ehlers are all RWers although Ehlers has being playing LW lately. I don't think we'll make the playoffs next year and if we do, it will be close so if we can get something young with potential in return, I'd trade him.

Myers is also brought up quite a bit when it comes to getting Hamonic from the Isles. Another trade that I'd do seeing as Buff and Trouba are RHD and we need a shutdown D man. I'm not sure how much I would add though but it wouldn't be much.

Ehlers is out with an eye injury so Armia looks to be getting some time on the 1st or 2nd lines for the foreseeable future.

The RPI coach Seth Appert came to the restaurant where some RPI alumni had gathered before the game and spoke to the group. He started out with glowing praise for Kasdorf calling him one of the 10 best goalies in the NCAA and particularly praising his maturity and leadership. Kasdorf is married with a child due in May. Appert says that although he's a Senior he has a 5th year of eligibility and it's 50/50 whether he signs with the Sabres or comes back for a grad school year of college hockey.

Are you an RPI alum?

Zach Bogosian in his past 10 games:

Goals: 3, Assists: 4, Points: 7, +/-: +3, Hits: 8, Blocks: 16, Shots: 23

He's been a minus only once in that span, and averaging 23:13 of ice time playing in all situations.

He just about hit 26 minutes against Calgary and skated 27:38 this afternoon.

Misleading? Hot streak? Rounding into form?

Should Blue stop building the bunker?

Edited by dudacek

He's been a minus only once in that span, and averaging 23:13 of ice time playing in all situations.

I think last year's Bogo is the real Bogo. He missed half a season. I'm sure his injury is still bothering him. Hopefully, next year he will continue his current play.

My good sir, the bunker is already built. And I have no intention of halting the expansion. It's not like he's never had a good stretch before.

I think last year's Bogo is the real Bogo. He missed half a season. I'm sure his injury is still bothering him. Hopefully, next year he will continue his current play.

Until the next injury.

My good sir, the bunker is already built. And I have no intention of halting the expansion. It's not like he's never had a good stretch before.

Have fun in there with "birth control" Pysyk (so named because when he's around...well, you know the rest).

From Ed Tait, one of the better sports writers in Winnipeg.

While we’re at it: the list of the 26 nominees for the new Mike Richter Award — given annually to the top goalie in the NCAA and first won by Connor Hellebuyck two years ago — includes two Jets draft picks — Jason Kasdorf of Rensselaer, who was part of last year’s blockbuster trade and is now Buffalo Sabres property, and Michigan Tech’s Jamie Phillips. A seventh-round pick in 2012, Phillips is 21-7-5 this year with a 2.00 goals-against average and .921 save percentage. Hellebuyck, you may recall, was a fifth-round pick in that same draft. Whoever is scouting puck-stoppers for the Jets might be banging on Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff’s office bucking for a few more dollars.

From Ed Tait, one of the better sports writers in Winnipeg.

While we’re at it: the list of the 26 nominees for the new Mike Richter Award — given annually to the top goalie in the NCAA and first won by Connor Hellebuyck two years ago — includes two Jets draft picks — Jason Kasdorf of Rensselaer, who was part of last year’s blockbuster trade and is now Buffalo Sabres property, and Michigan Tech’s Jamie Phillips. A seventh-round pick in 2012, Phillips is 21-7-5 this year with a 2.00 goals-against average and .921 save percentage. Hellebuyck, you may recall, was a fifth-round pick in that same draft. Whoever is scouting puck-stoppers for the Jets might be banging on Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff’s office bucking for a few more dollars.

Hellebyuck lasted until the fifth round?!