Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Starting July 1st Murray can resign Kulikov if he wants. I doubt he's a ufa next summer unless he tanks here.

The guy is here because Murray didn't want to lose Pysyk for nothing.  He will be either traded at the deadline (if the Sabs are selling, which they'd better not be) or exposed in the expansion draft.  Vegas won't take him, because he'll have six days or so left on his contract, and THEN Murray will resign him if he wants to.

The guy is here because Murray didn't want to lose Pysyk for nothing.  He will be either traded at the deadline (if the Sabs are selling, which they'd better not be) or exposed in the expansion draft.  Vegas won't take him, because he'll have six days or so left on his contract, and THEN Murray will resign him if he wants to.

Not saying there is no truth in this theory, but first and foremost the guy is here to be our first-pair LD.

Wouldn't put it past Murray to use a handshake deal to play fast and loose with an expansion loophole.

But, as LGR said, he has no intention of letting him walk as a UFA.

He was an RFA, there was literally no scenario where we could have lost Pysyk for nothing, accept not qualifying him which was always going to happen. 

I completely disagree with your take on this. Murray wanted a LHD who could play top 4 minutes and got one who is only 25. I see no reason for Murray not to re-sign him unless he completely sucks in Buffalo. If you can protect 4 defenders, you have Risto, McCabe, Bogo, and Kulikov. Simple as that. Gorges and Franson can be exposed or we can trade for some other vet at the deadline for that. With Buffalo having a glut of forwards, I bet dollars to donuts that the expansion team is going to take a forward.

I don't understand what you mean?

I think he meant use the enter key to put some spacing between your paragraphs.

He was an RFA, there was literally no scenario where we could have lost Pysyk for nothing, accept not qualifying him which was always going to happen. 

I completely disagree with your take on this. Murray wanted a LHD who could play top 4 minutes and got one who is only 25. I see no reason for Murray not to re-sign him unless he completely sucks in Buffalo. If you can protect 4 defenders, you have Risto, McCabe, Bogo, and Kulikov. Simple as that. Gorges and Franson can be exposed or we can trade for some other vet at the deadline for that. With Buffalo having a glut of forwards, I bet dollars to donuts that the expansion team is going to take a forward.

I seem to be Eleven's interpreter now but I believe he means losing Pysyk to the expansion draft not to free agency. We were obviously going to protect Ristolainen and with no other quality LHD (prior to this trade) we were going to have to protect McCabe or potential have no LHD. The 3rd spot likely would have gone to Bogosian meaning Pysyk could be snagged by Vegas.

I'm ok with extending Kulikov early but it would definitely be a shrewd move to wait until free agency next offseason. No way Vegas wastes a pick on a guy who can walk in a week.

I think he meant use the enter key to put some spacing between your paragraphs.

I'm ok with extending Kulikov early but it would definitely be a shrewd move to wait until free agency next offseason. No way Vegas wastes a pick on a guy who can walk in a week.

Thanks -- I had no idea what the apostrophe reference meant either.

As for the bolded -- it's an interesting theory, but I think if GMTM likes Kulikov (and I think he does), he'll sign him to an extension well before the expansion draft.

Thanks -- I had no idea what the apostrophe reference meant either.

As for the bolded -- it's an interesting theory, but I think if GMTM likes Kulikov (and I think he does), he'll sign him to an extension well before the expansion draft.

It could go either way and there's definitely pro and cons to both. He can extend him before the season but then you risk locking up a guy long term that you're not sure how he'll perform in a new environment with a new team, new defensive partner, new system, etc. You can wait until the deadline but run the risk of his price going up and you have one less person you'd be able to protect otherwise because you are using a spot on him. Or you can let him reach UFA status, vegas likely won't pick him and you get to protect another player but you run the risk of someone else signing him or him being highly productive and his contract demands exceed what you feel comfortable paying him.

I think I'd talk with his agent now to get some basic parameters on a possible extension worked out then wait and see how he does in blue and gold and decide sometime before the deadline.

I'm there too, I think Kulikov gets re-upped. 

I'm pretty whatever on Kane. I don't find him particularly intriguing as a hockey player, but I don't care too much about his off ice stuff either. He's still not Drew Stafford, and I'm fine with that.

yea it was weird because as much as I am annoyed by Evander right now, looking back on that deal I don't want any of those players back. I also think Kane being injured helped secure us Eichel so whatevs. 

yea it was weird because as much as I am annoyed by Evander right now, looking back on that deal I don't want any of those players back. I also think Kane being injured helped secure us Eichel so whatevs. 

Right. And with only a few years left on his contract, I have no problem with him being here. Maybe the switch finally flips and he turns into a mature hockey player? Maybe it doesn't? I'll live with two years of seeing whether or not that happens. He aught to be looking to that UFA period though. If he wants big money...

Right. And with only a few years left on his contract, I have no problem with him being here. Maybe the switch finally flips and he turns into a mature hockey player? Maybe it doesn't? I'll live with two years of seeing whether or not that happens. He aught to be looking to that UFA period though. If he wants big money...

He won't be on the team at the end of this contract.

Wow, most fans on that thread are pretty much ready to trade Kaner...how opinions change, eh?

I think that's only true if we find out he choked a woman or has done something along that line. There are no locker room problems here that I'm aware of.

He won't be on the team at the end of this contract.

Looking for another sucker bet? He's untradeable right now pending whatever comes of draft night issue. He may be exposed to Vegas at this rate though. Or we are in a cup run two years from now and he is either allowed to play out the contract and walk or he's got his together by then and signs again. You're not going to come back to this thread for two years when issues crop up are you?

How bout starting a new one. E Kane antics or something?