Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Winnipeg Jets ‏@NHLJets  30m30 minutes ago
Myers is in need of two surgeries, most significant is a hip (16-20 week recovery). Also needs a knee surgery, but that has to happen first.

Yikes, that's brutal for him.

Did he get injured in a collision?  Or just wear and tear?

Myers is in need of two surgeries, most significant is a hip (16-20 week recovery). Also needs a knee surgery, but that has to happen first.

Ouch.

Actually that is awful news for him. Wouldn't wish that on anybody...

Sabre updates: Kane finally gets his 20th goal and the Bogosian Bunker Report:

In last 14 games played Bogosian has

11 points (5G, 6A)

+8 in the +/- 

42 shots on goal

23 blocks

28 PIMs

Average of 24:04 TOI

Time for the Bunkerites to get some sun don't you think???

His knee injury is very recent but his hip is supposedly a couple of years and it is kinda cumulative. He got the knee done today and it has to be done first to rehab the hip.

Staf scored his 20th tonight in a win we really don't need.

Armia's first game back from injury.

Hey Ducky,

What happened last night?  The Jets screwed up in reverse.

They lose when they're supposed to win and win when they're supposed to lose...

We had half the Moose roster playing last night and still beat LA? Gimme a break...

Like I've said before, I don't like what I have seen of his character but I will give him a chance to change my mind. He has been assigned to the Moose.

He might learn. I think he has the ability to be a decent 2nd line player. He just needs some maturity. Now that we are a full season out from this trade I think thus far it has been fairly even. I was sorry to see Myers go out with surgery and I think Stafford is going to regress next year. Armia has at least showed he can NHL although I am not sure how successful he will be. Bogosian finally turned it on post all star break and Kane seems to have started to settle in. I was sad to see Kane injury his arm/wrist/hand because I was hoping he could finish strong. All in all I would say the trade is a draw at this point with Buffalo slightly ahead but that could flip depending on the play of Armia and Lemieux. Either way, could hockey type trade IMPO.

Lemieux will be lucky to play on the 3rd, second line is dreaming. Armia will play 2nd before Lemieux.

I honestly think we need to move Staf because he could be hindering the youngsters development and he isn't in the long range plans. We aren't winning the cup next year so trade him. I suggested on another site that we trade him with a 2nd from next year and this year's 1st round pick of Chicago's for a top 5-10 out of this upcoming draft. We really need a LHD.

I'd like to see the Jets take Chychrun AND Juolevi if we are picking 5th to 9th. If we are picking higher than 5th then I would like to see either of those (preferably Chychrun) and whatever forward we take in the top 5.

I'd love to see Connor on a line with Matthews.

You think there is an impact player between 5th and 9th?

Who pray tell.

Chychrun if he falls that low maybe....I guess it depends on what you consider an impact player.

Only 3 immediate impact players. Everybody seems to be saying there are 10-11 impact players when including those that need another year or 2 of seasoning (similar to Larkin or Reinhart).

Only 3 immediate impact players. Everybody seems to be saying there are 10-11 impact players when including those that need another year or 2 of seasoning (similar to Larkin or Reinhart).

This

Tim Murray called this year's crop of prospects from 3-10 deeper than last year's. As Taro said even waiting a year or two for one would be extremely beneficial especially for teams that would be drafting in those positions.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out that Lemieux showed up late for practice for the Moose and was sat for the next game. He scored two goals and an assist in 5 games but you get called up to the Moose after your junior year ends and you show up late for practice??????? really?????????   unfrickinbelievable...

I just found out that Lemieux showed up late for practice for the Moose and was sat for the next game. He scored two goals and an assist in 5 games but you get called up to the Moose after your junior year ends and you show up late for practice??????? really?????????   unfrickinbelievable...

No worries. He will be demanding a trade out of the Peg before he gets a gig there.