Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

What is the bet again? That Kane will play out his contract here? What if he gets traded at the deadline in his final season to maximize the asset? Can't remember the particulars.

My guess is he's here till at least then. Could be wrong though.

The bet was that I said he is traded before his contract ends.

The wager is very reasonable and I wouldn't be ashamed to wear a Sabres' jersey....it's not like I am putting a 9 on it and wearing it to a Jets' game.

I'd put Ducky's #10 on it and wear it with pride.

On a side note, I would like to see the Jets trade this year's first from Chicago and next year's 2nd rounder along with Petan and Burmistrov/Dano for a top 6-10 pick this year. I am a bit against the grain and think Chychrun is going to be a hell of a player as will Logan Brown (sleeper?). Juolevi looks good too if you need an LHD. I'd sooner have Chychrun though.

The wager is very reasonable and I wouldn't be ashamed to wear a Sabres' jersey....it's not like I am putting a 9 on it and wearing it to a Jets' game.

On a side note, I would like to see the Jets trade this year's first from Chicago and next year's 2nd rounder along with Petan and Burmistrov/Dano for a top 6-10 pick this year. I am a bit against the grain and think Chychrun is going to be a hell of a player as will Logan Brown (sleeper?). Juolevi looks good too if you need an LHD. I'd sooner have Chychrun though.

He could be dealt at the deadline in 2018, depending on how we are looking re: playoffs. I guess that would make you the winner.

I've been a huge proponent of Chychrun. Him or Juolevi, that's who I want. Chychrun, though he fell slightly, is still the highest ranked D prospect available, I believe. At least by CSS. I'd be ok with one of Matthews, Laine, or Puljuvarvi, too. One of those 5. Not really interested in anyone else at this point.

It would make sense for the Jets to do your proposed trade, but trades for picks that high are always exceptionally difficult. Allure of the unopened present. Should be an interesting Saturday, this weekend.

He could be dealt at the deadline in 2018, depending on how we are looking re: playoffs. I guess that would make you the winner.

I've been a huge proponent of Chychrun. Him or Juolevi, that's who I want. Chychrun, though he fell slightly, is still the highest ranked D prospect available, I believe. At least by CSS. I'd be ok with one of Matthews, Laine, or Puljuvarvi, too. One of those 5. Not really interested in anyone else at this point.

It would make sense for the Jets to do your proposed trade, but trades for picks that high are always exceptionally difficult. Allure of the unopened present. Should be an interesting Saturday, this weekend.

I wouldn't worry about unloading Kane at the 2018 deadline.  The Sabres will have some real problems if we're still sellers come that time.  Even if no extension is in place I would think they would keep him for the playoff run.

I wouldn't worry about unloading Kane at the 2018 deadline.  The Sabres will have some real problems if we're still sellers come that time.  Even if no extension is in place I would think they would keep him for the playoff run.

A good point.

I think PLD might go higher than Tkachuk...........I'd think very seriously about him if I were picking 4th. He plays C and we probably need one more than you guys.

I'm pretty much okay with anyone, even TO, getting the 1st overall as long as Deadmonton doesn't.

Thorny, I agree, Chychrun and Juolevi look really good. Sergachev will be good too but I think the Jets, if picking a D man, should pick one with some defensive acumen. We have enough offensive D men.

It seems that Myers' contract was honored and he has a NMC kick in this July. This means the Jets will have to protect Myers, Buff and Enstrom and this would leave Trouba exposed (they won't go for 8 skaters and a goalie).

Look for Myers or Enstrom to be moved and I am guessing it will be Myers before his NMC kicks in. No way do they leave Trouba exposed. Myers will bring back more than Enstrom would too. I think the best thing would be for the NHL to move a team that isn't doing well (Arizona) to the desert and kill two birds with one stone. The NHL won't because they want the half billion franchise money.

Does anyone know if Bogo's NMC kicks in this summer?

Should be a Kane or Myers jersey! I can only imagine the cracks I would get wearing a Myers Peg jersey to a game when they played here.

Ehlers-Scheifle-Wheeler

Connor-Little-Laine

That's sick.

Maurice probably won't put two rookies on the same line though......

Laine Scheifele Ehlers

Connor Little Wheeler

Petan Perreault Armia

Lowry Copp Dano

What we need to worry about is getting Stuart off of the team........Stu, Thorbs, Staf, Burmistrov should be dealt so the the kids can get some time. That lineup I suggested is VERY young. Where are we going to p lay Staf in theat lineup? Armia gets pushed back to 4th? Dano gets sent down? Same for Thorburn. Burmi just down's impress me if he isn't on the PK.

If it were me, I would put together a deal with Myers to Edmonton for their 4th overall. Maybe add Chicago's 22nd overall and Pavelec or Hutchinson. Then I would wrap up Enstrom and Stafford with Stuart and this year's 2nd rounder for Noah Hanifin from the Canes. I would then offer the Isles next year's 1st, Burmistrov and Lemieux for Hamonic.

Scheifele stepped into the 1C nicely when Little went down. He was the 2nd highest scorer in the league in March. His line was dominating games. Sutter pulled Kopitar's line off of Scheifele's line in LA at the end of the year because his line, with Ehlers and Wheeler, was all over them.

That team would kick ass in a young stars tourney but it will be tough in the NHL.

Forget pick four.

Why not trade Myers and some of the excess youth to Edmonton in a package centred around Draisaitl or RNH?

That Canes offer is a non-starter.

I agree. That Canes trade gets your phone calls blocked. 

Enstrom is 31, Stafford is 30, Stuart is 36 and a 2nd round pick for Noah Hanifin the 5th overall selection in the 2015 NHL entry draft. That trade is a joke.  

I must have been smoking weed when I put together that Canes deal. How about this....

Staf, Enstrom, Tanev, and Comrie for Hanifin.

TO is taking Matthews and the Jets could take PLD with the 4th and Laine with the 2nd.

Hanifin has that whole upside thing going for him though, and is probably top 5 in value for defensemen under 25. He has a good chance at becoming the best defender of his draft year, and to get one of those, you need to give up something that matches value, not a bunch of smaller and older parts. Something like a player that has the chance to be the best forward in the draft (like Laine ;) )

I must have been smoking weed when I put together that Canes deal. How about this....

Staf, Enstrom, Tanev, and Comrie for Hanifin.

TO is taking Matthews and the Jets could take PLD with the 4th and Laine with the 2nd.

No, you're still not close. You need to stop using spare parts. Comrie is the only player from the Jets end that even remotely sparks any interest. Stafford, Tanev, Enstrom are all meh.

You want Hanifin?

Chariot, Morrissey, and Mark Dano plus a pick. That's your opening offer and you might need to do something like Ehlers and Morrissey to get Hanifin.

siv? not sure what that is? You're about the luck though.

Hard to dispute that Staf has played the best of all players involved though.

I'll dispute it all day, every day.  Kaner was so much more impactful on the ice, especially in the 2nd half of the season, than Stafford has ever been.