Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Ya, story has it going that a scout went to a game to scout some player and Helle was playing goal that night. He mentioned that Helle should be looked at. I honrstly think that goal is our strongest position moving forward. Helle and Comrie are the goalies of the future and if they can sign Phillips this summer, it'll the position that much stronger.

Headshot to Dano tonight got the Preds' player kicked outta the game. Probably get a suspension. Of course the Jets couldn't score for the five.......

Ya, story has it going that a scout went to a game to scout some player and Helle was playing goal that night. He mentioned that Helle should be looked at. I honrstly think that goal is our strongest position moving forward. Helle and Comrie are the goalies of the future and if they can sign Phillips this summer, it'll the position that much stronger.

Headshot to Dano tonight got the Preds' player kicked outta the game. Probably get a suspension. Of course the Jets couldn't score for the five.......

I remember Hellebyuck from his WJC year; he was great in that tourney.

Armia is a keeper and would have played 2nd line time tonight if not injured.

Are you OK with a 10-goal man on your 2nd line?

Or are you convinced he's got a consistent 20 in him, despite evidence to the contrary?

Do all of the Sabres' 2nd liners get 20 goals? Does any team's? If Armia plays in our top 6, he will get 20 goals. I'm just not sure if he can crack the top 6...he'd have an easier time of it if the Jets traded Stafford...

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler

Connoer Little Armia?

If we draft top 3 and take  Matthews,Laine or Puljujarvi and/or don't move Stafford, Armia will have a tough time knocking someone from the spot. He for sure will be getting PK time and Maurice raves about his D smarts.

It  wouldn't kill me if we end up drafting 4th and taking Chychrun, we could use a good LHD.

Edited by Ducky

I'm just not sure if he can crack the top 6...he'd have an easier time of it if the Jets traded Stafford...

That right there would seem to imply a larger problem. I.e., an inability to unseat Stafford.

That's a bit of a potshot there, as I have not followed The Staff in the 'Peg.

Staf has played all over the lineup but his contract only has one more year on it and he is a stop gap. Probably not needed next year but I am sure Chevy won't trade him until the TD in 2017.

He is getting points on a very similar pace to Kaner. I just think he will be impeding the development of younger players.

I like Armia better than Lemieux and Roslovic (1st rounder in the trade) was just named to the all star team.

I've been wanting to ask you Ducky, what the heck happened to the Jets this year??? I didn't see them as a SCup caliber team but didn't see them going into tank mode this time of the year either, WTH happened??

I've been wanting to ask you Ducky, what the heck happened to the Jets this year??? I didn't see them as a SCup caliber team but didn't see them going into tank mode this time of the year either, WTH happened??

Staff infection.

Yes, Roslovic is playing there. Slowed down somewhat as he started the year off really strong......

I think what happened was a bunch of things besides the team simply not being good enough to compete in their division.

Very poor goaltending, schedule, lots of players under-performing (biggest reason) and bringing in a lot of youngsters (not re-signing people like Stempniak and Tlusty). It should be the same thing next year as I expect to see 2-4 rookies on the team again.....Connor, Lemieux, Petan and Morrissey and even Lipon all will be looked at very hard during TC to see if they should stay with the big team or not. I think Hellebuyck plays the majority of the games next year and Pavs' last year is next season so that is a good thing.

I don't think we see the Jets REALLY improving until the 2017-2018 season.

As far as Staf goes, he has been good for us and the top goal scorer until very recently but he is holding up the youngsters' development if he is allowed to play top 6....he is a LW on the top line right now.

Given the amount of attention the Kane sex assault cases got on here I am a little surprised no one has posted about yesterday's news

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/03/11/no-charges-against-evander-kane-after-sex-encounter-investigation/

It was in the "Evander Kane being investigated for sexual assault" thread. Must have been deleted or archived.

I honestly didn't follow it that closely or the Patrick Kane incident and wouldn't have unless charges were laid....doesn't usually amount to charges.

How's Kaner and Bogo been playing?

Last time I checked Bogo was doing really well and getting tons of minutes.

In the past two weeks Kane seems to have really clicked on a line with Eichel and Reinhart.

He's passed the puck more times in those two weeks than, well, probably any time in his career.

You'll get mixed reviews on Bogo, but I think most would agree he is playing his best hockey of the season as well.

Wow, that sounds like a formidable line.

Who is Bogo currently paired with usually?

Rookie LHD Jake McCabe, who looks promising most nights but has the predictable rookie moments fairly often. They seem to be building some chemistry, and Bogo did well earlier this season playing on Risto's left side.

Stafford has been playing 1LW for most of the games since Little has been out..............rather see Connor get the time there.

Kyle Connor scored 5 goals and I think 4 assists? this weekend in two games to go up to...

36GP  35G  34A  69Pts

That is 1.92 ppg.......I can hardly wait to see this guy in a Jets uni next season. Maybe even a couple of games this year if his team loses out early but I'd rather see them go all the way.

Plus, he is another player that doesn't need to be protected in the expansion draft...