Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Will have a brief story up on TSN.ca shortly. 14 NHL teams chasing BU goalie Matt O'Connor. Leafs, Canucks, Sens, Flames and Oilers on list.

It's college hockey free agent season.

According to Dreger, we're also interested.

http://www.tsn.ca/dreger-report-teams-lining-up-for-o-connor-1.215858

Edited by Tank

Eric Lindros sues former ref Paul Stewart for penning an article that "makes him look like a d1ckhead." TSN republishes most of the article.

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/lindros-files-lawsuit-against-former-referee-1.215863

D1ckhead move, Lindros.

"I did NOT go out of my way to 'invent' penalties on Lindros -- or any player -- but I wasn't going to give that guy a break on anything borderline that I might have let slide with a player who had gained acceptability with me."

I love that Refs consistently and blatantly admit that they don't call games evenly among teams or players, but when we say it we're crybabies or conspiracy theorists.

Eric Lindros sues former ref Paul Stewart for penning an article that "makes him look like a d1ckhead." TSN republishes most of the article.

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/lindros-files-lawsuit-against-former-referee-1.215863

D1ckhead move, Lindros.

I've met Lindros twice. I would bet a million dollars that all of this is true.

Lindros is one of the biggest d1ckheads to ever play the game, and this stupid lawsuit is just reminding everyone about this all over again, and reinforcing his unpopularity. I hope Stewart sues Lindros for saying Stewart lied. That would be awesome.

Tonight is Wed rivalry night on NBCSN

Capitals / Penguins

Last few years this has been a great match up. 

With a Caps win , they sweep the season series.

This matchup has been some of the best games to watch, these teams truly hate each other with good hockey, and solid hitting. 

I'm sure one of will watch, just  to have dreams of Ovechkin in a Sabres sweater.......

"I did NOT go out of my way to 'invent' penalties on Lindros -- or any player -- but I wasn't going to give that guy a break on anything borderline that I might have let slide with a player who had gained acceptability with me."

I love that Refs consistently and blatantly admit that they don't call games evenly among teams or players, but when we say it we're crybabies or conspiracy theorists.

This is the post/concept that deserves our attention.

Tonight is Wed rivalry night on NBCSN

Capitals / Penguins

Last few years this has been a great match up. 

With a Caps win , they sweep the season series.

This matchup has been some of the best games to watch, these teams truly hate each other with good hockey, and solid hitting. 

I'm sure one of will watch, just  to have dreams of Ovechkin in a Sabres sweater.......

Game has started with a bang.  Tom Wilson ended up on the floor of the Penguins bench.  Quite a scuffle.  I am sure more to come.

This is the post/concept that deserves our attention.

Is it really that surprising? It happens in every sport, baseball most of all I'd imagine; pitchers/hitters routinely get borderline calls there way depending on their notoriety for their eye/accuracy.

Edited by WildComrade

Is it really that surprising? It happens in every sport, baseball most of all I'd imagine; pitchers/hitters routinely get borderline calls there way depending on their notoriety for their eye/accuracy.

It's surprising (to me) that he admitted to what we've all suspected.

I like reading Paul stewarts blogs ,they are refreshing.   Also what he states here is just normal human behaviour.   We all know that happens.

Jagr to Panthers for a 2nd and conditional 3rd.

Holy crap, I was the first to break a trade. You guys are getting soft.

Check the trade deadline thread. I'm glad I gave you the JJFiveOherLate moniker. ;)

Also, how does this feel as a Panther fan?

Edited by Tank

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.