Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Isles played 5 games in 7 nights and were shut out. Hope they keep losing, making our pick more valuable. St. Louis can keep winning and get the President's trophy so Jets get late pick.

Doesn't quite work that way.  Unless the Islanders fall out the playoffs (not going to happen with .500 hockey), then their pick, as well as St. Louis', will be determined by where they finish in the playoffs, first, then their regular season record.  Going off of memory, it goes: first two round losers in reverse order of regular season position (except division winners, if any, draft latest, even their record was worse than a non-division winner), conference finals losers in reverse order of regular season performance, SC loser, SC winner.  The PT winner could then draft anywhere between 27th-30th and the last team to squeak into the playoffs could still draft as late as 30th.

Edited by carpandean

The Devils color commentator in this game is a female. I've never heard a female voice on a broadcast. It's actually great. Definitely unexpected. Anybody know of any other female hockey announcers?

She was the first:

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=83683

...Previously served the team as radio analyst for three- plus seasons from January 1992 through its 1995 Stanley Cup Championship season, becoming the first woman to broadcast a male professional sports team...

"Buffalo Sabres" was just the answer for a Cash Cab question.

One of the few real "reality quiz shows." I know somebody that was on it. Super cool. The only thing about it is when they lose and have to get out there's a cab behind the cash cab that takes them to their destination. If they get to the destination before the show is over they just drive around the block.

Nice. Thanks man. I was too lazy to look it up but I hope to see/hear more in time. I know NHL network loves putting the ladies on their in-studio host roles but I would like more during games. Would add a different style to the game.

I knew one writer who thought she had a chance of making it in color commentary. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she had the most robotic voice I've ever heard.

One of the few real "reality quiz shows." I know somebody that was on it. Super cool. The only thing about it is when they lose and have to get out there's a cab behind the cash cab that takes them to their destination. If they get to the destination before the show is over they just drive around the block.

I've always noticed the white van that follows behind. 

Is $200 a difficult question? I've only seen that show a few times and the questions I've heard were way harder

Yeah, they have four questions @ $50 a piece. Then four more @ $100 a piece. Then the $200's. Was surprised that was a $200 question.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.