Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Lucic? :ph34r:

Lucic has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth. I actually had a small moment where I felt sad watching him muck it up against Edmonton and he's apparently been like that all year. Couldn't finish on a couple open nets, looked like Kaleta making runs at guys and missing... Ended up pounding the bench and moping with his head down.

I think he needs to be sent home to Vancouver. He needs a big jolt.

Edited by Tank

Lucic has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth. I actually had a small moment where I felt sad watching him muck it up against Edmonton and he's apparently been like that all year. Couldn't finish on a couple open nets, looked like Kaleta making runs at guys and missing... Ended up pounding the bench and moping with his head down.

I think he needs to be sent home to Vancouver. He needs a big jolt.

The nucks sure could use him but they need to tear it down

The nucks sure could use him but they need to tear it down

I have the opposite feeling about the Canucks that most seem to. I think they have goaltending that can make a playoff run (Miller, Lack, Markstrom). Add Demko to that mix and you've got two valuable trade pieces out of the four. They've still got the Sedins who aren't the players they used to be and disappointed with only one cup run in their primes... But they're still two top six players. Their youth (Horvat, Vey, Shinkaruk, Virtanen, etc.) should be able to contribute within one to two years. They've got plenty of secondary scoring in Mathias, Higgins, Burrows, Bonino, Vrbata. They've got defensive depth...

I think they should swing for the fences because right now I think they're much closer to contending than they are to being bad enough to bring in elite young talent through the draft. Add a couple names to that top six and they are right back in the west race. They'd have a small window, but they'd have a good one.

Everybody's standing around in FL. Luongo left the game and now Montoya. They don't have an eligible goaltender in the building, Upshall just left the bench apparently going to suit up.

The Leaves might finally win a road game. 

...wow really?

Don't make McDavid angry, he might punch the boards.

That McDavid documentary that somebody posted was quite good until they started treating that hand injury like 9/11.

Yeah, his dad tearing up about a broken hand was ridiculous; almost stopped it right there.

Everybody's standing around in FL. Luongo left the game and now Montoya. They don't have an eligible goaltender in the building, Upshall just left the bench apparently going to suit up.

The Leaves might finally win a road game. 

Context?

I get that, how were they injured is what I'm asking.

Lou got tagged with a shot in the collarbone area. He didn't come back to the bench. Montoya came in and looks like he hurt his glove arm on the Leaves goal in the 3rd. Montoya went to the locker room, after a few minutes Upshall and MacKenzie went to the locker room to suit up. Montoya finally made it back out until they could get Tallas suited up. Montoya must be injured more than Luongo because Luongo suited back up and has now replaced Montoya with Tallas backing up. 

Lou got tagged with a shot in the collarbone area. He didn't come back to the bench. Montoya came in and looks like he hurt his glove arm on the Leaves goal in the 3rd. Montoya went to the locker room, after a few minutes Upshall and MacKenzie went to the locker room to suit up. Montoya finally made it back out until they could get Tallas suited up. Montoya must be injured more than Luongo because Luongo suited back up and has now replaced Montoya with Tallas backing up. 

Regular old circus down there right now; thank you.

I always thought teams at least had an emergency goaltender lined up just in case. I was surprised to not see a backup on the bench when the 3rd started, before Montoya got hurt. 

What confuses me is how the goalie coach can somehow be put into the game.

Not sure if this was posted anywhere. Pretty cool bench footage from 1982. Val James gets patched up.

Not one person appreciated this?

I'm about to buy the Val James book!

We appreciated it, Just three weeks earlier.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23070-cool-sabres-video-from-1982/

It even inspired this thread.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23077-did-mike-grier-face-any-racial-issues-in-buffalo/

Edited by BolotoO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.