Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

I've always noticed the white van that follows behind. 

Yeah, they have four questions @ $50 a piece. Then four more @ $100 a piece. Then the $200's. Was surprised that was a $200 question.

I think we're a little close to the question, so it seems obvious to us. Most people in NYC don't know where Buffalo is, or that they have a hockey team. For $200, which MLS (Soccer) team features a pair of elephants on the front of their jersey?

That being said, most of the times I saw Cash Cab, I'd ace it, but once in awhile I miss all of them.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/miracle-on-ice-hockey-russia/

Awesome article from Igor Larionov. Talks about how coaches restrict player creativity because of aversion to turnovers and the like. Also some about how awful it seems to have been a red army player back in the day.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Awesome article from Igor Larionov. Talks about how coaches restrict player creativity because of aversion to turnovers and the like. Also some about how awful it seems to have been a red army player back in the day.

Gonna read that later tonight, thanks for the link.

Did you ever get a chance to watch the Red Army movie? It played on espn the other week, it was fantastic

I think we're a little close to the question, so it seems obvious to us. Most people in NYC don't know where Buffalo is, or that they have a hockey team. For $200, which MLS (Soccer) team features a pair of elephants on the front of their jersey?

That being said, most of the times I saw Cash Cab, I'd ace it, but once in awhile I miss all of them.

Good point.

So who would you rather have? Leddy or Myers? Same money.

I never realized it until I looked it up just now, but Leddy is only 23 years old.  I assume the Isles want to build around Leddy and Hamonic.  So I don't mind the deal from the Isles' perspective.  I'm not a big Myers fan... I think I'd take Leddy at $5.5 since he has already won a Cup and is a big reason for the Isles' turnaround this year (along with Boychuk).

Wouldn't it be great to see the NHL adapt the theory of the USSR teams. The flow, skating, and playmaking are so much fun to watch.

But as I sit here writing this GMTM is hopefully building a Stanley Cup contender, and his model is the L.A. Kings, the antithesis of that article.

On what line does he play now?  A team couldn't get much more *decent* than winning 2 of the last 3 cups.

:P

Haha bad phrasing on my part, I meant the King's are better than decent, i.e. a team a worse than them could have Nolan be a good 3rd liner.

He plays on their 4th line right now.

Wouldn't it be great to see the NHL adapt the theory of the USSR teams. The flow, skating, and playmaking are so much fun to watch.

But as I sit here writing this GMTM is hopefully building a Stanley Cup contender, and his model is the L.A. Kings, the antithesis of that article.

It'd be awesome. Don't think there's enough talent to go around, but I'd love to see it.

Haha bad phrasing on my part, I meant the King's are better than decent, i.e. a team a worse than them could have Nolan be a good 3rd liner.

He plays on their 4th line right now.

Here he goes by NS, but when leaving the Siberian Russian spy training grounds, his code name was......The Instigator....

Patrick Kane was injured after a cross check, possible shoulder injury. A team source described at as not good at all.

Not that dirty of a play in my book; sure it was a cross check, but it's compounded because he went into the boards, and he only did so because he lost his footing a good distance away from the walls

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.