Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Not surprising. The slide begins before the draft. Then the number 1 draft pick will get turf toe and miss a good chunk of his rookie season. That Buffalo Sabres street goalie will be brought in after the fourth string QB and part time kicker gets injured. And the defensive coordinator will leave in the off season.

Getting reports everywhere that the Bills are seriously trying to obtain the #1 or #2 pick in tomorrow's draft. I'm kind of shocked. I don't think Clowney, Mack or Watkins, or especially a OT are worth jumping up there for, getting rid of next year's top pick in the process since that's what it will take.

I hope this doesn't happen

Getting reports everywhere that the Bills are seriously trying to obtain the #1 or #2 pick in tomorrow's draft. I'm kind of shocked. I don't think Clowney, Mack or Watkins, or especially a OT are worth jumping up there for, getting rid of next year's top pick in the process since that's what it will take.

While I personally wouldn't give up what it takes, Clowney/Mack make some sense as we don't know if Hughes will be effective again (or if we'll sign him long term) and Mario's cap hit is going to be an issue in a year or two.

I think the target would be Watkins, as the dropoff between him and the rest of the WR crop is pretty significant IMO. That and the Bills will want to give EJ Manuel every opportunity to succeed in order to know whether we have a QB or not.

That being said, i'd rather target the Jacksonville pick at 3 since it may not cost us our #1 in 2015. We shall see tomorrow.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

I think the target would be Watkins, as the dropoff between him and the rest of the WR crop is pretty significant IMO. That and the Bills will want to give EJ Manuel every opportunity to succeed in order to know whether we have a QB or not.

That being said, i'd rather target the Jacksonville pick at 3 since it may not cost us our #1 in 2015. We shall see tomorrow.

agreed.

If the Bills can get Clowney for, say, this year's first, second, fourth and next year's second (and maybe a player/2016 second) then they should do it. That would require Clowney to fall a bit.

If they can't and have to give up a 2015 first then they have to run away.

TBD is like a tire fire right now with Dareus/trade rumors/I hate Schopp, etc.

I know - I went over there to get more "comprehensive" draft coverage and all I saw was four threads on trading up and random doom and gloom comments throughout. FFS the draft hasn't happened yet and everyone is already miserable.

reminds me why I usually just stick to this board.

This draft is sooooo deep I would be ok with trading DOWN, but sacrificing other picks to trade UP is illogical at best. We need guards and OT's, not flashy QB'S and WRs...

Agreed. I can remember very few trade ups that worked out well for the team. Even recently, Washington trading up for RG3 may have been good in the short term, but they lost the #2 overall this year for it. Sanchez back in the day with the Jets ended up as a dumpster fire. All flash and you get the ESPN ratings for a few weeks but you end up going backwards.

The cost for trading up is never worth it IMO unless you guarantee a elite franchise QB, in which case the team you are trading with probably isn't willing to trade out.

Take the unsexy picks that will help your team in your given draft slot.

I'm with you, this would be a stupid move IMO, after what Clowney pulled last year, I would not pay the price of moving up to #1 to get him. I was high on Watkins, but I'm starting to think that Evans would be a better fit for what the Bills need. Ebron I'm not sold on at all. As far as the linemen, Robinson, Matthews and Lewan, one of them will fall to us at #9, if not there is always Martin, if the Bills do want to go for a lineman. If they really think they can benifit by moving up, work out something with the Raiders, it will be a lot cheaper.

Bottom line for me, is I do not want Clowney, I hate when players take a few plays off, this clown took a whole year off. If that's not a red flag, I don't know what is.

I'm with you, this would be a stupid move IMO, after what Clowney pulled last year, I would not pay the price of moving up to #1 to get him. I was high on Watkins, but I'm starting to think that Evans would be a better fit for what the Bills need. Ebron I'm not sold on at all. As far as the linemen, Robinson, Matthews and Lewan, one of them will fall to us at #9, if not there is always Martin, if the Bills do want to go for a lineman. If they really think they can benifit by moving up, work out something with the Raiders, it will be a lot cheaper.

Bottom line for me, is I do not want Clowney, I hate when players take a few plays off, this clown took a whole year off. If that's not a red flag, I don't know what is.

What did he pull last year?

Not surprising. The slide begins before the draft. Then the number 1 draft pick will get turf toe and miss a good chunk of his rookie season. That Buffalo Sabres street goalie will be brought in after the fourth string QB and part time kicker gets injured. And the defensive coordinator will leave in the off season.

Wahhh wahhhh wahhh. Why do you watch the Bills? Seriously, you seem like you'd be happier if you didn't.

What did he pull last year?

He was basically invisible, people blamed a lot of it on double and "triple teams", but other reports were he was playing not to get hurt and for the most looked like he gave no effort and his stats showed. The double and triple team is a lame excuse, If he is good in the NFL, are they not going to double team him ? Look at Mack stats, he had his best season and you can bet that he was doubled and "tripled teamed."

I put tripled teamed in quotes, because when I here someone saying they were tripled teamed, it sound like a lame ass excuse. Clowney has the makings of a diva and he going to find out in the NFL that you have to play hard all the time, not just when it suits you. I would take Mack over Clowney any day.

Edited by kishoph

He was basically invisible, people blamed a lot of it on double and "triple teams", but other reports were he was playing not to get hurt and for the most looked like he gave no effort and his stats showed. The double and triple team is a lame excuse, If he is good in the NFL, are they not going to double team him ? Look at Mack stats, he had his best season and you can bet that he was doubled and "tripled teamed."

I put tripled teamed in quotes, because when I here someone saying they were tripled teamed, it sound like a lame ass excuse. Clowney has the makings of a diva and he going to find out in the NFL that you have to play hard all the time, not just when it suits you. I would take Mack over Clowney any day.

I heard someone comment yesterday that he sometimes faced up to 5 blockers. I'd love to see how productive the offense that attempted that was.