Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

As outlined somewhere in one of these two threads, a WR corps of Watkins and Williams outside with Woods and Stevie inside would've been disgusting. at least I can count on Graham still not being here. Hogan and Easely are both S.T. beasts so they'll make the roster over TJ Graham. and Goodwin being #4 isn't a bad thing either.

I'm still really excited to see who they add over the next two days, and to see if they sign any decent undrafteds like they have in recent history

I'm still really excited to see who they add over the next two days

As am I, because, like so-and-so's mother, we have holes to fill.

The Bills moves over the last two days smack of desperation. Could be good, could be bad. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I welcome this unfamiliar sense of urgency.

In what way?

They gave up 2 draft picks next year for a wide receiver, in a draft deep at wide receiver. And then they moved their only seasoned wide reciever for replacement 4th next year. Desperation can be good or bad. They had to do something, but my spidey senses say this was a huge gamble. I would love, love, love this move if JK was QB. EJ at QB may never realize SW's potential. And of course SW could bring out EJ's potential too.

As outlined somewhere in one of these two threads, a WR corps of Watkins and Williams outside with Woods and Stevie inside would've been disgusting. at least I can count on Graham still not being here. Hogan and Easely are both S.T. beasts so they'll make the roster over TJ Graham. and Goodwin being #4 isn't a bad thing either.

I'm still really excited to see who they add over the next two days, and to see if they sign any decent undrafteds like they have in recent history

Absolutely a scoring machine. Dammit, this team.

They gave up 2 draft picks next year for a wide receiver, in a draft deep at wide receiver. And then they moved their only seasoned wide reciever for replacement 4th next year. Desperation can be good or bad. They had to do something, but my spidey senses say this was a huge gamble. I would love, love, love this move if JK was QB. EJ at QB may never realize SW's potential. And of course SW could bring out EJ's potential too.

Mike Williams is experienced and Watkins, Wood, and Goodwin are all more physically gifted than Stevie.

I don't hate SJ - in fact I felt kind of bad for him being miscast in the #1 WR role when he just didn't have the tools - but it was time to turn the page and move on with the younger guys.

So...the Bills used their #1 pick on a position where they already had good players, and then fire-sold their previous top guy at that position for a low draft pick? You don't say? This story sounds strangely familiar...

And this is how a Mickey Mouse franchise perpetually runs in place.

So...the Bills used their #1 pick on a position where they already had good players, and then fire-sold their previous top guy at that position for a low draft pick? You don't say? This story sounds strangely familiar...

So you think Sammy Watkins is equivalent to Stevie Johnson?

So you think Sammy Watkins is equivalent to Stevie Johnson?

He didn't say that. We went and strengthened a position, then turned around and weakened it from that high point that lasted a matter of hours.

BTW, not even Megatron set the league on fire as a rookie, so I'd be fine arguing Stevie is equivalent to Watkins this year.

There were plenty of people who thought Spiller was much better than Marshawn Lynch. How did that one work out?

So marshawn lynch wins us a super bowl if he stays here? Is that it? Not sure what you're getting at otherwise.

Inconsistent with the "win now" message.

That's an outstanding trade for all parties involved.

49ers get a WR who excels against the league's best corners. They're in a division with Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson.

Bills get great value for a WR who had a down year, is occasionally a headcase and has a big cap hit for three years. The talk was that he would be going for a fourth at best, so getting the condition of potential turning into a third is great. Helps get back a pick that was moved for Watkins. Stevie and EJ didn't have great chemistry like Fitz and Stevie did so it's not costly in that respect.

Stevie gets out of a crowded group of WRs to go back home and play for the team he loves.

They have too many bodies.....

That being said.....if someone offered me Taylor Lewan, Stevie Johnson, and a #1 pick for Sammy Watkins.....

Lewan wouldn't have been the pick. According to Graham's report the pick would've definitely been Ebron were he there. Then Odell Beckham was next in line.

They have too many bodies.....

That being said.....if someone offered me Taylor Lewan, Stevie Johnson, and a #1 pick for Sammy Watkins.....

As long as TJ Graham is on this roster and Mike Williams keeps getting stabbed, they don't have too many bodies.

Lewan wouldn't have been the pick. According to Graham's report the pick would've definitely been Ebron were he there. Then Odell Beckham was next in line.

This draft seems very deep for offensive line-men, I wouldn't be shocked if the OL we take tonight is the one we've had our sights on for awhile.

Looking forward to the 3rd round, tight-ends: Troy Niklas of Notre Dame at 6'7"

Edited by WildCard