Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I think this defense will take a GIGANTIC step back this year.

Jerry Hughes had 10 sacks in his first year in the 3-4, but he's completely useless in the 4-3 (hence why we got him for a backup linebacker last year).

Manny Lawson is similarly useless in the 4-3. He's got no real position in the 4-3.

Marcell Dareus wasn't anything special in the 4-3. Always solid at rushing the passer but couldn't do anything else in the 4-3. Played great overall in 3-4.

Alan Branch doesn't even have a position in the 4-3.

No Jairus Byrd in the back will leave a big hole that I expect they'll try to fill by converting Corey Graham to safety.

The pass rush won't be as elite in the 4-3 which means the corners (Nickell Robey especially) may get exposed again.

I'm sure they'll run SOME 3-4 looks, but Schwartz will be running mostly 4-3 as has been said.

you have said both of the bolded multiple times as if they are fact, but they are only half-truths, as I have tried pointing out before.

You have NO IDEA what Hughes can do in a 4-3 as he played behind not 1 but 2 pro-bowl DEs in Indy. He didn't see much of the field bc it would've been equivalent to pulling Bruce Smith out of the game for an unknown commodity. you just try to avoid doing that, and leave your best DEs in the game as much as you can.

Second, Dareus only played in a 4-3 for one season I believe, and I believe it was the season that his brother was shot and killed, along with some other personal issues. I would like to see him play a season without dealing with the death of his closest sibling before saying he's useless.

Use the full fact instead of cherry picking if you're going to statre something as fact. Hughes may be useless in the 4-3, but honestly no one knows because he hasn't been given much in terms of an opportunity. and Dareus had extenuated circumstances in 4-3..

I completely agree with the rest of what you said though. I do think the defense is going to stay around what it was last year though. A little better possibly with Brandon SPikes in the middle potentially.

The propsect of Golisano owning the Bills is an odd one. But, hey, at least he'd be a owner who'd keep the team in Buffalo.

And he wouldn't be Cuomo's guy, would he? That distinction appears to go to Milstein.

It's too much money for him. And what makes anyone think he would keep the team in Buffalo? He got $22 million in writeoffs on a $60 million purchase with the sole goal of making money.....do you truly think he is going to flush $1 billion down the toilet out of "loyalty"? I'd trust Trump over this guy.

You must think I'm kidding. I'm not. Our school board is a complete mess. I am voting Quinn. We need businesspersons on that board.

Oh I know you're not kidding. I read through all of the candidate profiles and I liked his the most.

We might have hated him as a member of the Sabres org, but the guy isn't stupid.

Dareus played two seasons in the 4-3. First one was very solid for a rookie but wasn't good on run defense. The second was the same but you expect a step forward.

Hughes saw plenty of snaps when in Indy. He started six games his last year there. Let's not act like Mathis and Freeney, who are both getting up there in age, never came off the field.

Maybe they can both improve enough to be capable 4-3 players, but I'm saying we shouldn't count on it.

The crown jewel answer

The word that best describes me is: No such word

You can't make stuff like that up

What a .....

"Her performance is poor. She isn't transparent or forthright about her plans."

Who does that sound like? Speaking of not being transparent, he ducked out of answering any question that involved a choice.

I'm sure this is just to get back in the public eye so that Golisano can make a token run at buying the Bills with no real desire to so people can pump his tires and he can bank some short term political capital and get Larry in control of $$$ somewhere so he can funnel money to "appropriate" sources.....

Where's Wawrow? Maybe we should go into the textbook publishing business. I smell a $10 million contract for new books coming soon......oh, and can't forget, The Buffalo Public School Music Festival...with guest artist, Ronan Tynan.......

What a .....

"Her performance is poor. She isn't transparent or forthright about her plans."

Who does that sound like? Speaking of not being transparent, he ducked out of answering any question that involved a choice.

I'm sure this is just to get back in the public eye so that Golisano can make a token run at buying the Bills with no real desire to so people can pump his tires and he can bank some short term political capital and get Larry in control of $$$ somewhere so he can funnel money to "appropriate" sources.....

Where's Wawrow? Maybe we should go into the textbook publishing business. I smell a $10 million contract for new books coming soon......oh, and can't forget, The Buffalo Public School Music Festival...with guest artist, Ronan Tynan.......

That is not why. The reason is that Paladino needs support on the board from more people than just Jay McCarthy. I have this first-hand from Quinn's campaign strategist. (The fact that there is a campaign strategist for a school board election should highlight how much they are putting into trying to turn the schools around.)

It's too much money for him. And what makes anyone think he would keep the team in Buffalo? He got $22 million in writeoffs on a $60 million purchase with the sole goal of making money.....do you truly think he is going to flush $1 billion down the toilet out of "loyalty"? I'd trust Trump over this guy.

fair enough. i guess what i meant was that he'd ostensibly be a buffalo-buyer. if OSP were to buy the bills and then move them? holy shnikes. i mean it when i say that, if that were to happen, some zubaz wearing nutter might try to kill him.

(The fact that there is a campaign strategist for a school board election should highlight how much they are putting into trying to turn the schools around.)

It's about how much they want to turn the schools around, sure. I think it's also about their desire to right-size the system's budget (and hence the tax burden it creates). I'm all for that. But I am a little leery about the local big business types wanting to interpose themselves in that process.

oh, and can't forget, The Buffalo Public School Music Festival...with guest artist, Ronan Tynan.......

please. don't ever speak that snake oil salesman's name again.

fair enough. i guess what i meant was that he'd ostensibly be a buffalo-buyer. if OSP were to buy the bills and then move them? holy shnikes. i mean it when i say that, if that were to happen, some zubaz wearing nutter might try to kill him.

[/size]

It's about how much they want to turn the schools around, sure. I think it's also about their desire to right-size the system's budget (and hence the tax burden it creates). I'm all for that. But I am a little leery about the local big business types wanting to interpose themselves in that process.

Buffalo schools don't create a local tax burden. It works differently than in the suburbs.

He's popping up in Boston a lot lately. It must be tied into the marathon and amputees. That and apparently he bought a new van for a handicapped child after the old one was stolen.

Some good news: according to Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly is responding very well to his treatment.

"I visit him at least two or three times a week," Thomas said. "He's doing very, very well. He's doing a lot better than he was [when] he was in New York City."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10886711/former-buffalo-bills-qb-jim-kelly-doing-very-very-well-continues-cancer-treatments-thurman-thomas-says

Buffalo schools don't create a local tax burden. It works differently than in the suburbs.

I realize that it's a different levying mechanism. Even so, tax dollars fund the Buffalo schools. Big business types would like nothing more than to have some real say in what that tax burden is.

I realize that it's a different levying mechanism. Even so, tax dollars fund the Buffalo schools. Big business types would like nothing more than to have some real say in what that tax burden is.

I think they're more interested in reducing the welfare burden by having high school graduates who can read and write. But an economic interest is at the heart of it, either way.

I think they're more interested in reducing the welfare burden by having high school graduates who can read and write. But an economic interest is at the heart of it, either way.

I think that's fair - the interest seems primarily driven by the desire to have a regional work force that will support current industries/companies, and attract others.

That said, there's a cynical part of me that wonders and worries a bit about this trend.

Still OTOH, I'd actually prefer some influence of free markets and profit motives on an insular bureaucratic world that lacks accountability and seems most intent on employing adults, rather than educating children.

Ugh politics, just something I can never wrap my head around, and unfortunately, nothing I can do to change current greed and policy.

On a side not Darius was arrested last night for the possession of a synthetic Marijuana, was released an hour later in Alabama..... Now idk what's dumber, getting arrested for having that, or bring stupid enough to get caught as a professional with banned substances, seriously these guys make a LOT of money and there should be zero tolerance with stupid S##t like this..... If I get arrested for half the crap some of these guys do, I can say bye bye to my medical license and probably my career...... Ok I think I vented enough

I hope Dareus can avoid a 4-gamer -- the guy really came on last year and showed he wants to play his way into a a big contract.

I also wonder whether the legalization of marijuana (and synthetics?) in some places is going to influence the NFL (and other leagues) to reconsider whether a positive test should warrant discipline.

his problem isn't a test, his problem is a felony.

Hopefully the judge and prosecutor aren't Auburn Fans.

From what I can tell from the NORML website, whether it is a felony in Alabama depends on the intended use rather than the quantity. So they can charge him with felonies to make the newspapers, but it will be prosecuted as a misdemeanor eventually.