Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Given what Freddy said, I want to know what Hackett thinks. I'm starting to doubt myself on Hackett being the problem.

See, I don't think it matters. He was held back some according to Fred, but he still didn't get it done at times with the playcalling. He may have told him to dial back any trick plays or deep throws, but I doubt he told Hackett he could only run a shotgun draw at the five.

The new coach isn't going to keep BOTH coordinators. Not a chance in hell that happens.

See, I don't think it matters. He was held back some according to Fred, but he still didn't get it done at times with the playcalling. He may have told him to dial back any trick plays or deep throws, but I doubt he told Hackett he could only run a shotgun draw at the five.

The new coach isn't going to keep BOTH coordinators. Not a chance in hell that happens.

Totally agreed, but read again what I wrote. Was Hackett really the problem or no? And we may not ever know.

Totally agreed, but read again what I wrote. Was Hackett really the problem or no? And we may not ever know.

Accurate thought.

I don't want to know!

Also accurate.

Bills already interviewed Jim Schwartz for their head coaching position according to the Buff News.

If Whaley wants coaches to try to fix Manuel he needs to be fired as well. That's an unfair burden on a new coach. Any coach that is hired should have the option of not giving a rats ass about EJ Manuel.

What choice does Whaley really have in interviews right now? Manuel is the only QB they have right now. You can mention a long list of potential QBs in an interview, but there is no guarantee any single one of those guys will be here next year. I'd want someone developing Manuel regardless of if he's the starter or the backup. If he's still here next year (which I'd say is very likely), he will play at some point.

I am unbelievably happy that Joe B has absolutely no say in the head coaching search... Check out number four.

http://www.wgr550.co...2416&pid=448314

I saw "Joe B." and I immediately thought of Pegula's enforcer and stooge - Joe Battista. :doh: Good to know we're just talking about an idiot sports journalist instead. Whew!

Kid Hackett? Really? What a maroon.

So there's a growing number of people saying they want the entire staff kept with a new head coach... That's not how it works unless you want to hire garbage. They will want their own staff on their side of the ball at least... This search sounds terrible.

IF that's true, and head coach interviewees are being told they're stuck with the current staff.... that's a formula for disaster. HC needs to be able to choose his own coaching staff. No good coaches would come here under those restrictions - only bottom of the shelf need apply. Buffalo is a hard enough sell as it is, without making it less attractive.

IF that's true, and head coach interviewees are being told they're stuck with the current staff.... that's a formula for disaster. HC needs to be able to choose his own coaching staff. No good coaches would come here under those restrictions - only bottom of the shelf need apply. Buffalo is a hard enough sell as it is, without making it less attractive.

The head coach can choose whatever DC he likes as long as it's Jim Schwartz. I don't care about the rest of it.

This may limit possibilities; I don't care about that, either.

It's not that hard of a sell. There are only 32 of these jobs in the world.

A good HC candidate would undoubtedly think Schwartz is dynamite, and want to keep him. But I still think he should be given the flexibility to make that choice.

I couldn't see a Parcells or a Belichick caliber coach taking over as HC with the marketing guy telling them during the signing "hey, you have to retain......"

To me the coach deserves more control than the people actually interviewing him. He should be told what the team has to offer right now (which in the case of the QB is just Manuel). But they'll obviously talk about the current staff. They shouldn't be expected to retain anybody, but if you have somebody like Schwartz you should be telling candidates basically "you're not going to find a better defensive coordinator on the market."

But Pegula has said — and I think it was in his presser with Pat — that he believes there should be no "emperors" in the front office. Nobody has a corner on smarts in the world of sports. He believes in hand-holding and flat management structure and, yes, meddling. It's his team, after all. "Why wouldn't I?" give my stamp of approval on Darcy's moves? "I just bought a hockey team!" I have no doubt Terry and Kim and Russ and Doug and Jessie and the janitor will all get to chime in on assistant coaches.

I want Bevell and think he would be absolutely perfect here. I love everything about the Seattle O and given our QB options, it may be a perfect fit.

Mhm. Hes got experience working with a pure pocket passer in Favre who had his best year under him in Minnesota and was coached by him in Green Bay, too. He has experience with the mobile QB who many didn't believe could play in the NFL (maybe Bevell's coaching is part of the reason he can). And he has experience relying on the run game. He's done everything.

If we can't find a QB this offseason then it may be good to have a coach that knows the importance of the run game. That could help us get over until we have our QB. Cutler and Bevell might be the perfect marriage, though.

Pat Shurmur yesterday. Hue Jackson today (wil satisfy the Rooney Rule, for the record). Rex Ryan and Kyle Shanahan tomorrow.

So by the end of the day tomorrow we'll have interviewed (as far as we know):

Bevell, Quinn and Gase on the 3rd.

Reich and M. Shanahan on the 4th.

Pat Shurmur on the 6th.

Jim Schwartz at some point.

Rex Ryan and Hue Jackson on the 8th.

Greg Roman on the 9th.

Teryl Austin on the 10th.

11 interviews down. There are still other names waiting to be interviewed (Pep Hamilton and maybe Josh McDaniels).

Edited by Tank

Yeah, I'd much rather have a Kim Pegula-led committee designing the football team, rather than the vision of a Belichick or a Parcells type individual. LOL

Designed by Committee is slang for mediocrity.

Well, look at the turdburger. It has many design handprints on it.