Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I'm just not convinced that Lynch is better than C.J.

Lynch just has a better team in front of him. You give your running backs a lot more to work with when teams aren't stacking the line every down because they don't care about your receivers. Hopefully Watkins and co can create more space for the running backs.

Jaws just declared that Watkins was the best player in the draft, and said the Bills are now contenders on ESPN like 2 mins ago...

Well whoop dee dam doo! Bruschi was doing everything in his power to not laugh in Jaworski's face.

Eagles RB Bryce Brown was just traded to the Bills.

On another note, I rarely listen to WGR, but I'm pretty disgusted by the draft coverage. These guys don't even know who Bryce Brown is and when picks are made they're basically just Goggling the player and reading word-for-word what sites like CBS have on the player. They don't know who any of these guys are... so how can they knowledgeably discuss them?

Edited by Potato

The Bryce Brown trade is brutal. A 4th rounder that can be a third for a guy who can't hold on to the ball and shouldn't be more than a third back on the depth chart? You can't get good value for Stevie and then trade it away for a subpar back... Makes no sense.

The Bryce Brown trade is brutal. A 4th rounder that can be a third for a guy who can't hold on to the ball and shouldn't be more than a third back on the depth chart? You can't get good value for Stevie and then trade it away for a subpar back... Makes no sense.

I don't trust Brown. Anyone who follows college football recruiting knows Brown was the #1 overall recruit in the nation coming out of high school in Wichita. The landscape of college football recruiting is pretty shady for guys like that ($$$) and he went to Tenne$$ee. Left there after not even a year. Went to K-State, but did the same. Now the Eagles give up on him after only 2 years. Something just doesn't see right about the guy, although the talent is there.

It's getting dumber by the minute, isn't it?

FYI, Bryce Brown had zero fumbles last year. He's a very talented player who's only 23 years old. Freddy is 33 and CJ could be a UFA after this year. Good pick up by the Bills.

@buffalobills

Bills acquire RB @BryceBrown_34 in trade with @Eagles. DETAILS: http://ow.ly/wHsXZ

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm still of the mindset that these uncharacteristic moves by the Bills are welcomed, only because their characteristic moves over the past 15 years have got them exactly squat. I'm still numb to the Bills, but I see a ray of hope that my apathy can be thawed.

"Whaley's all hopped up on Mr. Pibb and catnip in there......" - Buddy Nix

FYI, Bryce Brown had zero fumbles last year. He's a very talented player who's only 23 years old. Freddy is 33 and CJ could be a UFA after this year. Good pick up by the Bills.

@buffalobills

Bills acquire RB @BryceBrown_34 in trade with @Eagles. DETAILS: http://ow.ly/wHsXZ

I must be thinking of another RB for the Iggles who had fumble issues recently.

"Contenders?" I did not realize that Watkins was so solid against the run.

Well, they did pick a run stopping LBer in the third round (Brown, not the rb), signed thumper Brandon Spikes to play MLB, and signed LB Rivers who I know nothing about. So I'm not sure why you're so concerned about the run defense when they actually have addressed it.

As for Spiller being one dimensional: Chan Gailey used Spiller incredibly effectively on the ground and in the air. Last year Hackett ran CJ like a power back, down the middle down the middle down the middle. My read is that Hackett was a rookie OC (possibly just a terrible OC) and CJ is a good/great RB with more than 1 dimension.

I must be thinking of another RB for the Iggles who had fumble issues recently.

It was Brown, but the fumbling issue was in his rookie year. He's a talented back with good size (over 220 lbs) and speed (4.4), but the Eagles don't have any room for him with McCoy and Sproles on their roster.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Wow I don't follow the Bills as close as the Sabres but some fans here seem never to be happy. You have a new GM making bold moves something no Bills GM has done since since the Kelly era and people complain. To me problem with the Bills is they can't keep their top players as soon as they hit free agency. It's like they take one step forward and two steps back. Who knows how the defense is going to be with our d coach going to Cleveland. To me it's all about the QB position here. This team will fly or die behind EJ. If he's good this year then we might be a lot better if not prepare for another mediocre season.

I don't get the negativity towards the brown trade. He's looked great everytine I watched him and he us only 22. Perfect #3 RB who can compliment spiller after FJ is gone

This is what I see. Seems like a good RB that just didn't get playing time. Should grow into a good role if/when FJ leaves/is carted off.

While constant negativity annoys me, I'm so sick of hearing "some fans are never happy." Might that have something to do with the longest playoff drought in the league? Fans have every reason to be negative every second until the playoffs are clinched.

I'm happy with this draft. HUGE risk on giving up the 2015 first, but I've become okay with it in realizing that it's going to take a bold move to change the fortunes.

Wow I don't follow the Bills as close as the Sabres but some fans here seem never to be happy. You have a new GM making bold moves something no Bills GM has done since since the Kelly era and people complain. To me problem with the Bills is they can't keep their top players as soon as they hit free agency. It's like they take one step forward and two steps back. Who knows how the defense is going to be with our d coach going to Cleveland. To me it's all about the QB position here. This team will fly or die behind EJ. If he's good this year then we might be a lot better if not prepare for another mediocre season.

This is my issue. The Bills can't hold the talent they have. Once that rookie contract is done, they leave.

My pointless guess at the starters right now:

QB: EJ Manuel

RB: CJ Spiller (Fred will obviously get a lot of time)

WR: Sammy Watkins and Mike Williams outside with Robert Woods in the slot

TE: Scott Chandler

LT: Cordy Glenn

LG: Chris Williams

C: Eric Wood

RG: Kraig Urbik

RT: Cyrus Kouandjio

LE: Jerry Hughes (Manny Lawson will rotate there, as well)

DT: Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams (Alan Branch will start if Dareus gets suspended)

RE: Mario Williams

Strongside LB: Keith Rivers

MLB: Brandon Spikes

Weakside LB: Kiko Alonso

CB: Stephon Gilmore and Leodis McKelvin on the outside, Nickell Robey plays the slot.

SS: Corey Graham (I think they brought him in to be a safety. Da'Norris Searcy and Duke Williams get a chance if they keep Graham at CB)

FS: Aaron Williams