Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I really like the Brown pickup. Jackson obviously won't be around after this season, and who knows with Spiller. A mid round pick for a guy who has had some success and has obvious talent makes sense. Get him in the system for a season and we have a plug and play player next year when RB turnover happens.

Based on what? He'll likely get one last contract to finish his career here. No reason to think otherwise.

I hope so but 33 is old for a RB and 34 is geriatric status. Maybe he'll sign a two year deal and play one more for b-lo.

Based on what? He'll likely get one last contract to finish his career here. No reason to think otherwise.

Well this trade, for one. And then basically what Ink said. I LOVE Fred Jackson, but giving a 34 year old RB a contract with the expectation he'll be at least a part-time starter is dumb.

Well this trade, for one. And then basically what Ink said. I LOVE Fred Jackson, but giving a 34 year old RB a contract with the expectation he'll be at least a part-time starter is dumb.

Fred isn't your typical 34 year-old back. Less tough mileage than others. Hasn't shown any reason to believe he can't work on a two-year deal next offseason.

Fred isn't your typical 34 year-old back. Less tough mileage than others. Hasn't shown any reason to believe he can't work on a two-year deal next offseason.

This is often mentioned due to Jackson's short time in the NFL. I'm not sure how you'd research this but I wonder how much work Fred had prior to making it in the NFL. It's safe to assume he played all four years in college and many times guys end up playing year round in lesser leagues attempting to make it. As a result it's possible he has more wear and tear than a typical 34 year old RB.

Brown is at least as valuable as any back they'd have drafted in the 4th this year, likely next.

Edited by Lanny

So this offseason....

Added:

OG Chris Williams

OG Cyril Richardson (rookie)

OT Cyrus Kouandjio (rookie)

OT Seantrel Henderson (rookie)

WR Sammy Watkins (rookie)

WR Mike Williams

WR Ramses Barden

RB Bryce Brown

RB/FB Anthony Dixon

DE Jarius Wynn

LB Brandon Spikes

LB Keith Rivers

LB Preston Brown (rookie)

LB Randell Johnson (rookie)

CB Corey Graham

CB Ross Cockrell (rookie)

Lost:

WR Stevie Johnson

DE Alex Carrington

LB Arthur Moats

S Jairus Byrd

Jackson hasn't been healthy in three years. 2011-2012 he played 10 games each year, and last year he may as well have only played 12 with how he was limping around on a bum knee.

The Bills will make the playoffs next year.

I wanted to really like what they were doing, but I am very disappointed. They have a theory about big O-line guys. You already have a QB with bad knees...now you have a very immobile O-line in the making. The defense while adding Spikes, is a net wash on talent. Is the scheme going to improve the D this year?

I think they go 4-12 before 10-6 next year....and I really wish that wasn't the case. Now if you go down the tubes, you have a ? at QB, no 1st pick, and possible chaos.

I think Whaley is bright, and Glenn turned out better than expected.....and I can applaud taking a shot.....but not optimistic.

I like the diversion of front office energy towards being good immediately. I am looking forward to seeing Sammy Watkins catching short passes, and turning them upfield for positive yardage. I am skeptical about our defense, because it seemed that the coach Pettine did things that weren't possible before him, and may not be possible after him.

I'm happy with the new running back acquisition, because it seems like he falls forward at the end of his runs, and has good balance and vision from what I've seen, and would be better than what we may have drafted in the third round this year.

I'm looking forward to this season, and I'm glad to say that I'll be watching Cleveland as well, because I have friends from there, and they aren't expecting much out of their new quarterback, which to me, is funny. I also think that it's funny that Cleveland will not have many good receivers, which will make watching Cleveland more entertaining, because their quarterback is a rich man's Doug Flutie, and will be fun to watch.

I think I'm coming around to the draft class. I really like the LB and CB pickups in the 3rd and 4th, and the O-linemen we picked up have great potential. I was in favor of picking up Bryce Brown. I'm in favor of this win-now do or die situation the GM has put us in. We are going on 15 years of no playoffs. I'm that desperate at this point. The last time the Bills made the post season - I was 11 years old.

The last time the Bills played a playoff game...uttering Brett Hull's name didn't automatically elicit a "No Goal" response around WNY. So yeah I don't see any problem with the Bills going balls to the wall.

The Bills went 0-for-my 20s. They damn well better try to put a winner out there.

The last time the Bills played a playoff game...uttering Brett Hull's name didn't automatically elicit a "No Goal" response around WNY. So yeah I don't see any problem with the Bills going balls to the wall.

My problem is they only went ball to the wall--they left the second one where it was by not re-signing Byrd and trading Johnson for peanuts at next year's draft.

My problem is they only went ball to the wall--they left the second one where it was by not re-signing Byrd and trading Johnson for peanuts at next year's draft.

Bird wasn't going to resign. he would have missed camp again and he was a major distraction. I agree about Stevie, it seems a minimal return IMPO.

Bird wasn't going to resign. he would have missed camp again and he was a major distraction. I agree about Stevie, it seems a minimal return IMPO.

Byrd would have signed if we paid him his market value. Sure it may have created cap problems in a few years, but that's kind of my point--if you're going all in to make the playoffs this year, then go all in and worry about the rest when its time comes.

Byrd would have signed if we paid him his market value. Sure it may have created cap problems in a few years, but that's kind of my point--if you're going all in to make the playoffs this year, then go all in and worry about the rest when its time comes.

Just like Jason Peters.

Good left tackles and playmaking defenders are precious commodities. The Bills had one of each and let them both walk out of cheapness.

The more things change...

Just like Jason Peters.

Good left tackles and playmaking defenders are precious commodities. The Bills had one of each and let them both walk out of cheapness.

The more things change...

but how much of that was associated with their agent (they each had the same agent who is known for playing extreme hardball for his clients)?

just playing devil's advocate...a little...because I don't totally disagree with you... :ph34r: