• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

I'm not saying that he is the captain next year but I would bet his play would be good enough to be on the roster. Also he can do much more than weber can, of course there will be more mistakes with him but who cares?

This is what I was thinking. Zadorov won't be captain anytime soon but there is something in the swagger he brings and the way he is that guys will follow. I don't think he is afraid to say when something or someone is wrong. I mean, he is 6'5" 230lbs who on this team would be imposing?

I wasn't talking about being able to play. I hope he can. Dude is fun to watch.

I was talking about who will be the leaders if we send most of Ott, Miller, Moulson, Tallinder and Ehrhoff packing.

I honestly believe Zadorov will emerge as a leader, especially among the defense, sooner rather than later.

That said I could leave him in Juniors again next year and be fine with that decision. No need to rush him.

Edited by LGR4GM

Zadorov is the type of kid that literally PLAYS the game, and he absolutely loves it. From what I've seen. He's very talented and will be a great NHL player if he can keep the attitude going. I think he will, talent wise, be one of the organizations top six dmen next year. Just not sure if he'll be in the lineup.

My favorite thing about Zadorov is that he won't be 19 until April. He is literally still a kid and continues to get better. I have very high hopes for Nikita Zadorov.

Him and Risto should be an anchor for a long long time. With Myers finally looking like himself our defense should be very very good.

I'm not saying that he is the captain next year but I would bet his play would be good enough to be on the roster. Also he can do much more than weber can, of course there will be more mistakes with him but who cares?

More mistakes than Weber? That would be difficult to do. Weber is having an abysmal year.

GO SABRES!!!!

Hockeybuzz is speculating a trade scenario with Washington wherein the Sabres would receive a first and second round pick Holtby and a prospect like Tom Wilson for Miller. Seems a bit high to me but if I'm Murray I'd make that call quick. Also the Moulson to LA for Toffoli and a pick won't go away either.

On a side note, I like Mike Weber but he's gotta go, sorry

Hockeybuzz is speculating a trade scenario with Washington wherein the Sabres would receive a first and second round pick Holtby and a prospect like Tom Wilson for Miller. Seems a bit high to me but if I'm Murray I'd make that call quick. Also the Moulson to LA for Toffoli and a pick won't go away either.

The only way I see Washington giving us that much is if we take on Erat, too. Then just buy him out in the summer.

And we got our own erat in Leino, but i guess we got two buy outs left. Then again don't know if Pegula wants to write that check.

Indications are that Pegula will do what it takes to help the front office. Using both buyouts would likely be included.

On a side note, I like Mike Weber but he's gotta go, sorry

While I hate giving any discussion to anything Hockeybuzz (more specifically Ecklund), I would like the return mentioned there. My issue with trading Miller was always the potential for goalie purgatory. Getting Holtby back would give us a much younger starter and the 1st/2nd/prospect package gives us the future returns we would be looking for. Holtby could turn into something real good but at worst he is an acceptable NHL stater IMO.

...Getting Holtby back would give us a much younger starter and the 1st/2nd/prospect package gives us the future returns we would be looking for. Holtby could turn into something real good but at worst he is an acceptable NHL stater IMO.

Plus Holtby's cool.

2j439tl.jpg

pev.gif

Plus Holtby's cool.

pev.gif

Love that gif. I like Holtby. I have respect for the guy. I like the way he handled the beatdown from Emery- didn't cause a bigger deal although he certainly could have with validation, kept his head (albeit bruised) in the game. I don't really see the trade happening since Grubauer shows plenty of starter potential someday, but hey, that's what this thread is for!

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere yet, but it's relevant to the speculation discussion.

Miller Time

TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun writes on ESPN.com that Buffalo Sabres general manager Tim Murray is already hearing calls for his pending unrestricted free agents.

"We're just starting to explore the market the last day or two," Murray said. "I've had some calls, and most of the calls are just generalities: 'If I can meet your demand, would you be willing to move him?' So you have teams calling, for sure, and they're asking about different players. Every team has a different need; the same names come up, obviously, as far as the forwards go. My mandate here is to get better. I don't want a five-year rebuild, that's not what I'm about. It's about getting better, and if that means trading guys and getting assets for them, then that's the way it will be."

Murray is also considering all of his options with pending UFA Ryan Miller, including the possibility of re-signing him. LeBrun adds that if Miller isn't interested in staying, Murray will move him at the trade deadline.

Love that gif. I like Holtby. I have respect for the guy. I like the way he handled the beatdown from Emery- didn't cause a bigger deal although he certainly could have with validation, kept his head (albeit bruised) in the game. I don't really see the trade happening since Grubauer shows plenty of starter potential someday, but hey, that's what this thread is for!

I think the Capitals have seen the "young goalie prospect plays will in short time with the big club" movie way too many times to not pursue Miller because of what Grubauer has shown. Especially considering they just sent Grubauer down to Hersehy.

I think the Capitals have seen the "young goalie prospect plays will in short time with the big club" movie way too many times to not pursue Miller because of what Grubauer has shown. Especially considering they just sent Grubauer down to Hersehy.

Even if they think Grubs is the answer long term why not go for broke this year. Get miller, make a run.

Even if they think Grubs is the answer long term why not go for broke this year. Get miller, make a run.

I don't think the Caps are one of those teams that would be able to make a run with Miller. So if they make the move for Miller they'd need to either extend him or make a separate move to acquire another big forward. Or we can send them Moulson AND Miller in a package deal for Kuznetsov and a mid-level prospect. :flirt:

Two thoughts for your entertainment with the Oil getting antsy to make a move:

1) A deal centred around Stafford for Gagner.

2) Something based around Ehrhoff for Eberle

(This comes from a Mckenzie report they will try to dump Gagner by the deadline for someone bigger and harder, but still skilled enough to play on the second or third line; and that Eberle is now finally available in a bigger deal, but probably one that they will wait until the draft to pull the trigger on.)

Edited by dudacek

Two thoughts for your entertainment with the Oil getting antsy to make a move:

1) A deal centred around Stafford for Gagner.

2) Something based around Ehrhoff for Eberle

(This comes from a Mckenzie report they will try to dump Gagner by the deadline for someone bigger and harder, but still skilled enough to play on the second or third line; and that Eberle is now finally available in a bigger deal, but probably one that they will wait until the draft to pull the trigger on.)

I will be shocked if either of those deals occurs. Neither of those Sabres is remotely good enough.