• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

That Rabi guy who reported the upcoming trade for the Sabres apparently broke McKee being out with a Staph Infection in 2006 without anybody else knowing anything about it. If that's all... It's been a while since he broke anything. I won't hold my breath yet.

I post that Miller might be moved before the Olympics now Garrioch and some Rabbi are taking stabs in the dark. I might have to start my own blog.

So you think Ryan is clearly a better player? I hope you are right that is the league perception. It would make Eberle easier to acquire.

I think Eberle is smarter and more of a big game player. But you are right in that Ryan probably has a better resume.

Unless MacTavish is truly incompetent, Eberle is not going to be sabre without Ehrhoff of Myers going the other way.

It's not like the Oilers want to trade him, it's just that they are finally realizing they need to give something to get something.

I think for Eberle it would have to be Myers plus something like McNabb or a #2.

As for the alleged trade: I don't see why they would wait until Tuesday or for that matter tomorrow. If a trade is done it will be announced ASAP.

I think for Eberle it would have to be Myers plus something like McNabb or a #2.

As for the alleged trade: I don't see why they would wait until Tuesday or for that matter tomorrow. If a trade is done it will be announced ASAP.

Thats the part that makes me think it's BS. I understand waiting until after the Stadium Series game, but Tuesday means waiting after we (and other teams) have a game to play.

That Rabi guy who reported the upcoming trade for the Sabres apparently broke McKee being out with a Staph Infection in 2006 without anybody else knowing anything about it. If that's all... It's been a while since he broke anything. I won't hold my breath yet.

Actually he called the Regehr/Kotalik/2nd for Byron/Brown package before anyone had that information. Dreger had confirmed the trade but not what was involved, rabi came on and said the package long before anyone, including TSN had reported it. And there were others.

EDIT: and to clear up the Tuesday press conference, rabi never stated that was the case, I said what I've seen is a Tuesday presser.

RABI's exact post was as follows:

"Trade not announced during Stadium Series game, so not to distract from the event...

Done by tomorrow"

The guy has never posted information incorrect in the past, I see no reason to believe he would now. I'll wait until tomorrow then see what happens.

Edited by HopefulFuture

Actually he called the Regehr/Kotalik/2nd for Byron/Brown package before anyone had that information. Dreger had confirmed the trade but not what was involved, rabi came on and said the package long before anyone, including TSN had reported it. And there were others.

I really hope he's right this time too. We could use some excitement.

Just for poops and giggles: it would seem a bit early for a Moulson trade -- I think the Sabres will be best suited to let the bidding frenzy work itself to a peak so they can get the best return.

If there is a trade coming, it would also seem like Edmonton, where the house is really on fire, is the team most likely to do something desperate.

If it is Edmonton, it almost certainly not be for Miller, who most likely wouldn't waive his NTC to go there. It would probably be one of their forwards for one or more of our defensemen.

Edmonton would probably rather trade Yakupov or Gagner than any of their other high-end forwards. I remain quite skeptical that they will trade Eberle -- I think it's more likely that the GM would get canned before that would happen -- but it's not impossible.

So that leaves Yak and Gagner. I don't think the Sabres would trade Myers, Risto or Zadorov for either of those 2, but I do think Ehrhoff is a possibility, as well as Pysyk. The Oilers aren't going to trade either of those 2 without a legit top-4 defenseman coming back (and wouldn't it be nice to have Sekera handy now for that trade?). Pysyk has an Edmonton connection -- he was captain of his junior team, which was in Edmonton.

Pysyk for Gagner? Or maybe Pysyk and a #2 for Yak?

I would do either of those.

A Miller trade is possible at any moment in my mind just because you never know how the goalie market will act. If you get a very good offer then you have to act swiftly and get the deal done as a bidding war of many very good offers is unlikely.

A Moulson trade might be more likely later, but if a team comes to you and says "we'll give you (awesome offer), but we need to know by the weekend because we've got another deal we'd like to do instead" then you might want to take that offer now instead of taking a chance on what happens later.

A Miller trade is possible at any moment in my mind just because you never know how the goalie market will act. If you get a very good offer then you have to act swiftly and get the deal done as a bidding war of many very good offers is unlikely.

A Moulson trade might be more likely later, but if a team comes to you and says "we'll give you (awesome offer), but we need to know by the weekend because we've got another deal we'd like to do instead" then you might want to take that offer now instead of taking a chance on what happens later.

Agree that Moulson should be saved for last.....a proven 30 goal scorer at the deadline should be used as bait for a feeding frenzy. Miller/Ott require more finesse....

Just for poops and giggles: it would seem a bit early for a Moulson trade -- I think the Sabres will be best suited to let the bidding frenzy work itself to a peak so they can get the best return.

If there is a trade coming, it would also seem like Edmonton, where the house is really on fire, is the team most likely to do something desperate.

If it is Edmonton, it almost certainly not be for Miller, who most likely wouldn't waive his NTC to go there. It would probably be one of their forwards for one or more of our defensemen.

Edmonton would probably rather trade Yakupov or Gagner than any of their other high-end forwards. I remain quite skeptical that they will trade Eberle -- I think it's more likely that the GM would get canned before that would happen -- but it's not impossible.

So that leaves Yak and Gagner. I don't think the Sabres would trade Myers, Risto or Zadorov for either of those 2, but I do think Ehrhoff is a possibility, as well as Pysyk. The Oilers aren't going to trade either of those 2 without a legit top-4 defenseman coming back (and wouldn't it be nice to have Sekera handy now for that trade?). Pysyk has an Edmonton connection -- he was captain of his junior team, which was in Edmonton.

Why would we want Gagner ? No way you can have Hodgdon and Gagner as two of your top 3 centers on a championship team. Murray won't bring in anyone who doesn't have top 6 potential, fits with Hodgson and Girgs or can be flipped.

Are we trading Molsin for him?

I don't know, and I don't know if it's same trade related. This was in a separate conversation.

I could speculate, putting 2 + 2 = 4 scenario. There is a known that LA is about to make a trade, it's been reported by TheMayor, John Hoven, who is a very reliable source.....

https://twitter.com/...350378074484736

We also know that Buffalo had multiple scouts at both LA and the Monarch games over the last couple of weeks.

What we have on the speculation side is from rabi, That a Sabres trade is coming and that they are demanding Tifoli.

That's all we have right now. And there are no promises that rabi is correct since he's not considered a real source. All I can do is vouch for him from past experience with his information.

We can once again, speculate that yes, LA needs offensive help, especially on the PP. Moulson provides that. TM is quoted as saying he wants NHL ready or near ready talent. Toffoli fits that criteria. I can now assume Buffalo would have to add. Maybe McNabb, I don't know, but Tifoli is going to cost a little more than a rental Moulson in my opinion.

Edited by HopefulFuture

I don't know, and I don't know if it's same trade related. This was in a separate conversation.

I could speculate, putting 2 + 2 = 4 scenario. There is a known that LA is about to make a trade, it's been reported by TheMayor, John Hoven, who is a very reliable source.....

We also know that Buffalo had multiple scouts at both LA and the Monarch games over the last couple of weeks.

What we have on the speculation side is from rabi, That a Sabres trade is coming and that they are demanding Tifoli.

That's all we have right now. And there are no promises that rabi is correct since he's not considered a real source. All I can do is vouch for him from past experience with his information.

We can once again, speculate that yes, LA needs offensive help, especially on the PP. Moulson provides that. TM is quoted as saying he wants NHL ready or near ready talent. Tifoli fits that criteria. I can now assume Buffalo would have to add. Maybe McNabb, I don't know, but Tifoli is going to cost a little more than a rental Moulson in my opinion.

I was just joking. It'd definitely be for Moulson, I'd assume. I just spelled Moulson "Molsin" to jab at his spelling of Toffoli.

Not apparently, he did.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=256223

Okay-other than his junior and AHL numbers, which are pretty impressive, what do we know about Toffoli?

He's listed as a Center on the Kings site, but a RW'er on the Hockey's Future site, but I wonder if he's been playing wing since being up with the Kings. I just don't know.

Here are the sites:

http://kings.nhl.com....htm?id=8475726

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/tyler_toffoli/

Edited by HopefulFuture

Okay-other than his junior and AHL numbers, which are pretty impressive, what do we know about Toffoli?

He is the kings top prospect, and he is a scoring right-handed RW. He is a true scorer with high hockey IQ and plays hard, but is still developing the physical side of his game. The biggest thing is that he has produced at all levels of the game and is seen as a top 25 overall prospect in the league. I personally think it would cost moulson+ to acquire him.

The Oilers three biggest needs are goaltending, goaltending and goaltending.

I'm going to throw out a name out there, Corey Crawford. I can see this as an off-season move. The Oilers send the Hawks their #1 this year for Crawford. The Hawks already have his successor in place with 24 year old Antti Raanta and picking up a top three pick would be a coup.