• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Miller to Washington? I have nothing to back this up, but Washington could definitely use the help.

Does anyone know anything about the Capital's prospects?

On the Kings, I know I've said it before, but in light of other people's comments about the unavailability of Tofoli, I'd take Martin Jones

I really don't see them moving Toffoli either. But if a deal with them really is going down this early then he COULD be involved. Only way you make a deal this early is if you get blown away (from a sellers standpoint).

Another thing to consider is that moving one of our only viable goal scorers early is a way to make sure we draft in the top 3.

Miller to Washington? I have nothing to back this up, but Washington could definitely use the help.

Does anyone know anything about the Capital's prospects?

On the Kings, I know I've said it before, but in light of other people's comments about the unavailability of Tofoli, I'd take Martin Jones

It makes a ton of sense as a destination for Miller and Washington has a lot to offer.

I'd be way more excited about a potential trade with Washington than I would with Los Angeles (regardless of who we're sending).

I just don't understand the timing part if this rumor is true. If you've got a deal, who gives a ###### about the stadium series? If they (league or either GM) cared either way, you'd think they'd want news to break then while everyone's watching.

Because the league probably would prefer it if teams just waited out the weekend if they could for the two stadium series games. Obviously not as big as the finals, but they prefer teams not to make coaching/GM hires during the finals either.

Freeman raises an important point - there is no reason for the Sabres to cave now, they have weeks until the deadline.

There is more pressure is on the Kings, they are two points out of 8th and can't score to save their lives.

It's entirely possible that the kings have been adamant about not trading Toffoli up until now, but their desperation for offence reached the tipping point and/or the Sabres added something that sweetened the pot enough.

I would imagine that's how these things generally work.

As far as the Stadium Series reference goes, the Kings were in the afterglow of the big Saturday match - just speculating.

Edited by dudacek

Freeman raises an important point - there is no reason for the Sabres to cave now, they have weeks until the deadline.

There is more pressure is on the Kings, they are two points out of 8th and can't score to save their lives.

It's entirely possible that the kings have been adamant about not trading Toffoli up until now, but their desperation for offence reached the tipping point and/or the Sabres added something that sweetened the pot enough.

I would imagine that's how these things generally work.

As far as the Stadium Series reference goes, the Kings were in the afterglow of the big Saturday match - just speculating.

No you're right!

But the Leafs traded for Gleason and announced it during the warm up for the Winter Classic no?

Anyone know Mike Straw, the Sabres blogger for Yahoo?

If so he's tweeting he's hearing something big coming out of the Sabres, he's attempting to confirm.

Michael Straw Jr.@TheMikeStraw 16m

Just heard a bit of information regarding the #Sabres that I'm trying to clear right now. Could be big

Here's another, making fun of the Toffoli stuff:

Andrew@LAKingsDru 1m

"@SabresFront: Matt moulson to the #LAKings is close to happening. Toffoili or vey are the players mainly the #Sabres scouted." this guy...

In fact, #Sabres is popping up with new stuff every minute. Something is going on.

Edited by Eleven

What's your rationale for moving him *before* the Olympics being the goal now?

Mine would be...if you wait and he gets hurt in the Olympics...who would trade for him before the deadline, or at all?

I heard it mentioned by someone on the radio the other day...if Buffalo waits, and Miller gets hurt, they are 100% screwed.

Michael Straw Jr.@TheMikeStraw 16m

Just heard a bit of information regarding the #Sabres that I'm trying to clear right now. Could be big

Here's another, making fun of the Toffoli stuff:

Andrew@LAKingsDru 1m

"@SabresFront: Matt moulson to the #LAKings is close to happening. Toffoili or vey are the players mainly the #Sabres scouted." this guy...

In fact, #Sabres is popping up with new stuff every minute. Something is going on.

I've never just searched Sabres on Twitter before, but there are some hilarious rumor tweets going on. My favorite is Miller for Pominville :lol:

Anyone know Mike Straw, the Sabres blogger for Yahoo?

If so he's tweeting he's hearing something big coming out of the Sabres, he's attempting to confirm.

Straw is a lame. Never actually blogs for Yahoo! I think he probably does some of the "contributor network" stuff which is basically what Bleacherreport is. A year or two ago he said he was hearing something major was happening at like three AM then didn't tweet for like an hour. Then tweeted an apology saying he was ordering MacDonalds which is what took him so long. Then said it was nothing.

Latest...

Miller to St. Louis for Rattie, Halak and a 1st round pick.

That's not a bad return. I'd prefer Taresenko, I know it won't happen, but I prefer it.

Ty Rattie in a possible Miller deal, Tyler Toffoli in a possible Moulson deal, Tyler Ennis and Tyler Myers on the team...... :huh: What is this, a give me all Ty names type team now ?

Straw is a lame. Never actually blogs for Yahoo! I think he probably does some of the "contributor network" stuff which is basically what Bleacherreport is. A year or two ago he said he was hearing something major was happening at like three AM then didn't tweet for like an hour. Then tweeted an apology saying he was ordering MacDonalds which is what took him so long. Then said it was nothing.

If he's such a lame why are Sal C. and Buffalo Sabres accounts following him? hmmm?

Hey, MY name is Tyler! :worthy: lmao. (No joke)

I think tomorrow could be a day none of us forget anytime soon...apparently there IS a presser scheduled.

(IDK who saw my story a couple weeks ago about burying my Father in his Sabres attire, and a day later they drafted Myers and Ennis.)

Dad's name is "Terry," and now there are TWO Penn State "Terry's" watching over the Sabres. ;)

How do you know there is a press conference? Who are you

Edited by Warriorspikes51

This is the guy who posted the rumor on HFBoards earlier...username "Rabi"

default_profile_4_bigger.png

Keith Drabik

@hockygeek

only claim to fame = breaking the news on Jay McKee, game 7 @ Carolina 2006.... http://hfboards.hock....php?t=256223 …

Buffalo, NY

His Twitter is @hockygeek

Edited by Warriorspikes51

No "word" is

This is UNSUBSTANTIATED AND MOST-LIKELY BS RUMORS is it not? Just saying what's out there.

Don't like it? Ignore it.

what is the trade then?

Michael Straw Jr.@TheMikeStraw 9s

I will leave you with this: It has everything to do with Miller, and a team in the central has thrown a major offer Buffalo's way #Sabres

I said what it was up thread.