• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

All joking aside though, the article posted above says: "According to the Post, both O’Reilly and the Avs have agreed to play out this season and discuss a new deal in the summer."

That makes it sound like the Avs have already made up their mind not to move him, doesn't it? Or was that more of a generalization "we'll see what happens and talk about it his summer?"

Well, things took a strange turn in here.

I don't think Ehrhoff and Griggy gets it done for O'Reilly. I think the Sabres will have to give until until it hurts on this one, given the likely competition.

Ehrhoff and Zadorov? Or Ehrhoff and the Islanders' #1, with perhaps Colorado's #2 coming back?

How bad do you want him?

Well, things took a strange turn in here.

I don't think Ehrhoff and Griggy gets it done for O'Reilly. I think the Sabres will have to give until until it hurts on this one, given the likely competition.

Ehrhoff and Zadorov? Or Ehrhoff and the Islanders' #1, with perhaps Colorado's #2 coming back?

How bad do you want him?

Given they are looking to make a playoff run, me thinks they want immediate payoff. Moulson, Ott. Ehrhoff and Armia for O'Reilly and a 2nd. (e4)

Of course, none of that will happen but this is for "fun" right?

I think even the speculative posts should just forget about including the likes of Grigs and Zadorov. I don't think the Sabres are going to give up the young'ns any time soon.

I agree with this, and I'd throw Risto in that category as well. Not saying you, but I feel like a lot of us seem to put Zadorov ahead of Risto, even though the latter has had quite the showing lately. I like;m both, and think they have a ton of potential, but I can easily see Risto coming up before Zadorov does.

Given they are looking to make a playoff run, me thinks they want immediate payoff. Moulson, Ott. Ehrhoff and Armia for O'Reilly and a 2nd. (e4)

Of course, none of that will happen but this is for "fun" right?

Damn it, and here I thought I came to a community of fellow fans just to be depressed and get only facts, like the ones I can find on TSN or ESPN or Capgeek or NHL.com. If only there was a place where we could discuss possibilities and rumors that we'd like to or could possibly/maybe see happening with a great group of people...

I LOVE O'Reilly...but there's no F'n way he's worth Ehrhoff AND 1-2 additional major pieces.

I could see Ehroff and maybe a 3rd or a 2nd, but I agree with Sizzle in that I wouldn't put Girgs, Risto, or Z up for him with our best d-man. I'm not quite sure why we should give that much for him high anyway; with Mackinnon, Statsny, and Duchene, I don't think they really need another Center. I think the Avs have a ton of leverage here: they don't need him, but he is certainly a coveted piece for many teams

Edited by WildCard

I LOVE O'Reilly...but there's no F'n way he's worth Ehrhoff AND 1-2 additional major pieces.

I think a #2 Drury-type center is worth a good chunk more than a solid but not great #2 defenseman in trade. Pittsburgh got a solid player plus the number eight pick in the draft for Jordan Staal.

I could see Ehroff and maybe a 3rd or a 2nd, but I agree with Sizzle in that I wouldn't put Girgs, Risto, or Z up for him with our best d-man. I'm not quite sure why we should give that much for him high anyway; with Mackinnon, Statsny, and Duchene, I don't think they really need another Center. I think the Avs have a ton of leverage here: they don't need him, but he is certainly a coveted piece for many teams

Well, Colorado is probably going to lose Stastny to UFA. It sounds like they are going to try to sign O'Reilly, which they should.

I think a #2 Drury-type center is worth a good chunk more than a solid but not great #2 defenseman in trade. Pittsburgh got a solid player plus the number eight pick in the draft for Jordan Staal.

Well, I think you're undervaluing Ehrhoff. He did lead the Cup runner-up in ice time a couple years back (on a bum shoulder no less!) and would instantly become the Avs' best defenseman. Meanwhile, O'Reilly is probably only their 3rd best forward (Duchene and Landeskog...probably be behind MacKinnon in a year or two as well). I actually think this trade could make sense for both teams, but as you said, with the Avs likely letting Stastny walk I couldn't imagine them also moving O'Reilly.

Well, Colorado is probably going to lose Stastny to UFA. It sounds like they are going to try to sign O'Reilly, which they should.

I think you're undervaluing Ehrhoff a little bit, but you're definitely right about it making sense for Colorado to keep O'Reilly.

You have MacKinnon as your #1 center with superstar upside.

You have Duchene as your #2 center putting up big points against weaker competition.

You have O'Reilly as your shut down center who is capable of putting up 50+ points.

Paul Stastny doesn't fit into their plans.

I think Ehrhoff is better than Sutter and Girgorenko was the number 12 pick in the same draft, so I don't think the Grigs/Ehrhoff offer is as out to lunch as you think.

But I agree the only way O'Reilly is traded is if contract talks get ugly. Remember, he is guaranteed a qualifying offer of $6.5 million. If the Avs want to get the cap hit down it is going to take a mega long-term deal.

What is the expectation for Moulson?

A lower first and a second, or equivalent level prospects?

Tyler Toffoli is a name that's been tossed around.

Kings fans say it's too much because he's their best prospect.

But according to the prospect rankings I've seen he's considered to be on par with Armia.

The kings next best looks like Tanner Pearson, who also looks like a good fit.

They are both offensive wingers.

Pearson and a first, or Toffoli and a second look reasonable to me.

I think there are two rules to this game. Gergs and Zadorov are the two rules. They are off limits. They are the backbone of this team for the next ten years and three cups. So ###### off with any talk including them in anything other than cup parades. Understand?

What is the expectation for Moulson?

Pearson and a first, or Toffoli and a second look reasonable to me.

I would like to re sign Moulson personally but if he becomes the driving force behind a bidding war that has more upside than you make that move and your LA deals work for me. But I really would rather re sign him but I think he may net more than you are even proposing as the deadline approaches. Interestingly though, Vanek may determine the out come of Moulson at the deadline. It really could become stupid like July 1 stupid! Will be interesting for sure.

I think Ehrhoff is better than Sutter and Girgorenko was the number 12 pick in the same draft, so I don't think the Grigs/Ehrhoff offer is as out to lunch as you think.

But I agree the only way O'Reilly is traded is if contract talks get ugly. Remember, he is guaranteed a qualifying offer of $6.5 million. If the Avs want to get the cap hit down it is going to take a mega long-term deal.

Well, I think Colorado would rather have the #8 pick in the 2014 draft then Griggy as the second piece in the trade. I also think that if O'Reilly is traded, there will be multiple suitors and more or less of a bidding war.

Well, I think Colorado would rather have the #8 pick in the 2014 draft then Griggy as the second piece in the trade. I also think that if O'Reilly is traded, there will be multiple suitors and more or less of a bidding war.

They should stay out of any bidding war :P

I think there are two rules to this game. Gergs and Zadorov are the two rules. They are off limits. They are the backbone of this team for the next ten years and three cups. So ###### off with any talk including them in anything other than cup parades. Understand?

Kalinin too. And Mike Wilson.

I think OReilly would be a good pick up but I bet his price would be top 4defender, 1st rounder, prospect. I can't the impression Colorado doesn't want to let him go. I would think ehrhoff, NYI pick and baptiste/mcnabb would get him. Depends on if they want a forward or defensive prospect. I think if you went ehrhoff mcnabb then you might be able to then go 2nd rounder but again I think Colorado values what oreilly brings.

Edited by LGR4GM