• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

I will be shocked if either of those deals occurs. Neither of those Sabres is remotely good enough.

Stafford, I agree. But there is an interesting element to it.

I've been reading an oiler board. Gagner has fallen ridiculously out of favour - he's described as a guy who can't play on your bottom six, who's not good enough to play in your top six. Style-wise, think a softer, weaker defensively Derek Roy, but in terms of perception, he Is their Stafford, with an even worse contract. Because of our cap situation, it might be a good chance to buy low.

I'm not so sure about Ehrhoff. A minute-munching puck moving defenceman is the Oilers single biggest need; it's a requirement in any Eberle deal. Ehrhoff is one of the league's better ones and on a reasonable contract. Eberle is a legitimate first-line player and we will have to add, but we have pieces we can add and I'm not sure the Oilers are going to be offered a better Ehrhoff-style player.

Two thoughts for your entertainment with the Oil getting antsy to make a move:

1) A deal centred around Stafford for Gagner.

2) Something based around Ehrhoff for Eberle

(This comes from a Mckenzie report they will try to dump Gagner by the deadline for someone bigger and harder, but still skilled enough to play on the second or third line; and that Eberle is now finally available in a bigger deal, but probably one that they will wait until the draft to pull the trigger on.)

If they can get something like Gagner for Stafford, I laugh as it happens. Gagner, is so obvious a case of "needing a change of scenary", I doubt he would even hate the ideal of coming to Buffalo. While he's not an obvious fit for the Sabres, getting rid of Stafford would be a resounding, "###### yes, please", by me. Eberle coming to Buffalo in a deal centering around Ehrhoff would be a joke on their ownership group, MacTavish, and anyone else still there in charge. Eberle is quietly having a productive season. Not to the tune of his break out campaign, but he's a sneaky good almost All-Star type. He's my second favorite player in the league.

Ehrhoff would definitely be a good starting point to land Eberle. If we made that move I would likely be pulling for us to take Ekblad.

Ehrhoff, one of McNabb/Ruhwedel and a 2nd.

I would highly doubt Eberle can be moved for this, but you never know. MacT, doesn't seem to have a competent bone in his body. He may be the next evolution of FeasterFamine. If I can get Eberle on that type of a term, I'm doing it with all the gusto I can. However, there is the limited NTC/NMC that Ehrhoff has. I'm not sure whether he'd welcome the change or not to go back to Western Canada. However, I'm not a source or a confidant :P

I would highly doubt Eberle can be moved for this, but you never know. MacT, doesn't seem to have a competent bone in his body. He may be the next evolution of FeasterFamine. If I can get Eberle on that type of a term, I'm doing it with all the gusto I can. However, there is the limited NTC/NMC that Ehrhoff has. I'm not sure whether he'd welcome the change or not to go back to Western Canada. However, I'm not a source or a confidant :P

Bobby Ryan cost a first, Noesen and Silfverberg. I think Eberle is a better player, but they are of the same tier, so that is a good reference point.

I think you would need to add Pysyk or Foligno to our package to make it happen. The Oilers would ask for both.

The thing is, there are elements in place for a deal. If they decide to move Eberle, we need to be players.

I drool at the thought of Hodgson and Eberle together.

Bobby Ryan cost a first, Noesen and Silfverberg. I think Eberle is a better player, but they are of the same tier, so that is a good reference point.

I think you would need to add Pysyk or Foligno to our package to make it happen. The Oilers would ask for both.

The thing is, there are elements in place for a deal. If they decide to move Eberle, we need to be players.

I drool at the thought of Hodgson and Eberle together.

It would place my two favorite players from Junior on the same line. I have loved Hodgson since Brampton. It would be a phenominal pairing of talent. One can dream.

Sam Gagner is nothing to write home about. Stafford almost certainly wouldn't be enough, but trading for Gagner isn't exactly trying to get Eberle.

That is true, but Stafford is a bum.

Based on what? Ryan has four 30-goal seasons and has won a Stanley Cup, to Eberle's one 30-goal season and zero playoff games.

Here's my proposal:

Edm receives: Buf 2nd rounder 2014, LA 2nd rounder 2014, Stafford, McNabb, Enroth

Buf receives: Eberle,

It may need some tweaking but I don't want to rid o Ehrhoff unless there's a vet D-man we can sign in the offseason. I also don'twant Myers crushed by the additional pressure placed on his shoulders.

Here's my proposal:

Edm receives: Buf 2nd rounder 2014, LA 2nd rounder 2014, Stafford, McNabb, Enroth

It may need some tweaking but I don't want to rid o Ehrhoff unless there's a vet D-man we can sign in the offseason. I also don'twant Myers crushed by the additional pressure placed on his shoulders.

You are not getting Eberle for that crap . A back up goalie, a. 6th or 7th defenseman, a journeyman winger and a couple of picks that have less then a. 10% chance of making it.

Enroth is a bit more than a back up, although I understand your point. What if we sent them Halak after a Miller to St.Louis deal?

What about:

Enroth, Pysyk, Armia, Stafford, and 2 2nd rounders for Eberle, Hemesky and Gagner

Essentially, the 1st 3 for Eberle and Stafford +2 seconds for the other 2. Gagner and Hemesky have both fallen out of favor after all.

Enroth is a bit more than a back up, although I understand your point. What if we sent them Halak after a Miller to St.Louis deal?

What about:

Enroth, Pysyk, Armia, Stafford, and 2 2nd rounders for Eberle, Hemesky and Gagner

Essentially, the 1st 3 for Eberle and Stafford +2 seconds for the other 2. Gagner and Hemesky have both fallen out of favor after all.

They have no reason to want Enroth or Halak. They just got Scrivens and likely won't make another goalie move until the offseason when some big fish will be available.

Here's my proposal:

Here is the rule that everyone needs to understand when talking trades. Unless there is a top 3 draft pick or a player going back that makes you think twice, it will NEVER happen. Now for Eberle, those names would include Zadorov, Myers, Girgs or maybe The Hoff

Edited by CallawaySabres

Based on what? Ryan has four 30-goal seasons and has won a Stanley Cup, to Eberle's one 30-goal season and zero playoff games.

So you think Ryan is clearly a better player? I hope you are right that is the league perception. It would make Eberle easier to acquire.

I think Eberle is smarter and more of a big game player. But you are right in that Ryan probably has a better resume.

Unless MacTavish is truly incompetent, Eberle is not going to be sabre without Ehrhoff of Myers going the other way.

It's not like the Oilers want to trade him, it's just that they are finally realizing they need to give something to get something.

I'm going to switch this discussion to this thread (from the enroth thread) but a poster on another forum who has tipped off trades successfully and rarely in the past has said a trade involving the sabres is almost a sure thing. Expect announcements tommorow.

Think nevergiveup of tbd

Edited by Numark

Eberle trade... I don't see it happening but I would have to guess

McNabb, Ehrhoff/Myers (whichever they like best) and probably our 2nd maybe you could talk them into LA's

I'm going to switch this discussion to this thread (from the enroth thread) but a poster on another forum who has tipped off trades successfully and rarely in the past has said a trade involving the sabres is almost a sure thing. Expect announcements tommorow.

Think nevergiveup of tbd

So you are saying what? A trade for something will happen tomorrow involving the Sabres? :huh: okay...

Eberle trade... I don't see it happening but I would have to guess

McNabb, Ehrhoff/Myers (whichever they like best) and probably our 2nd maybe you could talk them into LA's

So you are saying what? A trade for something will happen tomorrow involving the Sabres? :huh: okay...

A poster on the HF boards who has broken Sabres news before and is apparently in the know says that there has been a trade but that they didn't want to announce anything during the Stadium Series today. Supposedly a Tuesday press conference is happening.

A poster on the HF boards who has broken Sabres news before and is apparently in the know says that there has been a trade but that they didn't want to announce anything during the Stadium Series today. Supposedly a Tuesday press conference is happening.

OOOO, got ya. Well if that is the case, I would say Matt Moulson is going to LA.

I have to believe it's Moulson. I can't see them working a successful deal for Miller this early in such a tight goalie market. Just some random thinking out loud thoughts is all.

EDIT: However, look at it this way. If they didn't want to steal the lime light of the outdoor games, so they are holding off in announcing, Moulson or Ott don't fit that criteria, I'm now changing my mind. It must be a Miller deal, he's the only one I can see stealing any gusto from the out door games......no? Is this the right line of thought maybe?

Edited by HopefulFuture

That Rabi guy who reported the upcoming trade for the Sabres apparently broke McKee being out with a Staph Infection in 2006 without anybody else knowing anything about it. If that's all... It's been a while since he broke anything. I won't hold my breath yet.