• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Enroth to the Islanders for Clutterbuck and a 3rd. You heard it here first.

That better not happen. I really can't see us re-signing Miller and we do require someone to play goal unless you either want to really tank for the pick next year (which I'd be ok with) or try and sign someone like Hiller in the offseason. Plus, I remember Clutterbuck from his Oshawa General days and I don't really want any part of that.

So can we get rid of the childish title and get back to some good discussion? On top of that, can we stop ever quoting Eklund on rumors?

I think the thread title is as appropriate a thread has ever been. There may be 1% content that has some real legs, but everything else is fantasy land crap and we should treat it as such.

I've got this weird inkling

:blush:

I think the thread title is as appropriate a thread has ever been. There may be 1% content that has some real legs, but everything else is fantasy land crap and we should treat it as such.

:blush:

So when are you having kids so we can call them Inklings? Because that's happening.

Enroth to the Islanders for Clutterbuck and a 3rd. You heard it here first.

Isn't Clutterbuck more of the same for us? I think we should be targeting players with the potential for top 6 scoring. We can't build the entire team out of 3rd liners and hope that McDavid can turn the whole team around right?

Isn't Clutterbuck more of the same for us? I think we should be targeting players with the potential for top 6 scoring. We can't build the entire team out of 3rd liners and hope that McDavid can turn the whole team around right?

I don't see Miller being traded to the Islanders and I don't see the Islanders giving up any more scoring. So I'm just throwing something minor out there instead.

I don't see Miller being traded to the Islanders and I don't see the Islanders giving up any more scoring. So I'm just throwing something minor out there instead.

Understood, but to me Enroth as a potential goalie purgatory starter/timeshare next year has more value than a 26 year old player who has never scored more than 40 points in a season plus a third rounder. Edit: but I certainly appreciate you actually naming a player and team to trade with instead of just "let's trade Miller"...

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Understood, but to me Enroth as a potential goalie purgatory starter/timeshare next year has more value than a 26 year old player who has never scored more than 40 points in a season plus a third rounder. Edit: but I certainly appreciate you actually naming a player and team to trade with instead of just "let's trade Miller"...

I just think the Miller market is probably even weaker than the Enroth market. Not because of talent but because Miller is just going to cost a lot more even as a rental. And again, barring injury, I don't see a playoff team wanting to switch their goaltending up. It creates instability.

I just think the Miller market is probably even weaker than the Enroth market. Not because of talent but because Miller is just going to cost a lot more even as a rental. And again, barring injury, I don't see a playoff team wanting to switch their goaltending up. It creates instability.

You are probably right about the goalie trade market at the deadline this year. But making trades for the sake of trading doesn't really accomplish anything for our future/rebuild...

You are probably right about the goalie trade market at the deadline this year. But making trades for the sake of trading doesn't really accomplish anything for our future/rebuild...

I think if the goal is to continue to build a team around a mindset and draft picks, Clutterbuck is a guy who would do well under Nolan. I don't mind shuffling bottom line talent around to get him, he's a favored player of mine.

I think if the goal is to continue to build a team around a mindset and draft picks, Clutterbuck is a guy who would do well under Nolan. I don't mind shuffling bottom line talent around to get him, he's a favored player of mine.

Clutterbuck has always been a favorite of mine. Would like to bring him in as I think he offers more than the group of guys like Kenopka, Ellis, Porter, etc. etc. But I don't think Enroth will be going anywhere until Miller signs on the bottom line... If that ever happens.

Speaking on the rumor front there was some twitter chatter about St Louis after last nights loss. Guys were curious if St Louis trusted Halak to win a 7 game series against a team like LA and if they wouldn't be better served getting another GT. Ryan Miller's name was mentioned but it was more of a discussion than "Source says..." I bring it up because these were hockey news guys and such and I wonder how comfortable Doug Armstrong is with Halak and Elliot there.

As for St Louis I think they are looking to Jake Allen for the future so a rental like Miller might be something they are interested in.

Miller for Allen would make some sense if miller committed to signing with the Blues.

With the speculation about O'Reilly, do you guys think of an Ehrhoff/Grigorenko offer makes any sense?

Ehrhoff certainly meets the Avs needs.

Edited by dudacek

Speaking on the rumor front there was some twitter chatter about St Louis after last nights loss. Guys were curious if St Louis trusted Halak to win a 7 game series against a team like LA and if they wouldn't be better served getting another GT. Ryan Miller's name was mentioned but it was more of a discussion than "Source says..." I bring it up because these were hockey news guys and such and I wonder how comfortable Doug Armstrong is with Halak and Elliot there.

As for St Louis I think they are looking to Jake Allen for the future so a rental like Miller might be something they are interested in.

They've always had a love affair with Miller. It just comes down to if they feel comfortable with them in a series along with if they feel comfortable paying the price.