• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

When I was talking to Ott the other day, I jokingly said hey so are we gonna get you to stay in buffalo.... I know I was just a fan and it could be a generic answer, but he replied "hey, I'd like to, but I haven't gotten that call yet, so it's outta my hands"

Interpret as you wish

Could be that call from his agent when Tim Murray comes up to meet his price. Or more likely Murray hasn't made an offer yet.

PLF would be unlikely to sign a role player like Ott (he isn't the player that carries you to the cup). Murray probably wants some time to evaluate talent. At least these are my hopes.

Let's hope this isn't another Zubrus vs Driere situation where we chase our ex and fail to to see the 6'5' girl next door

PLF would be unlikely to sign a role player like Ott (he isn't the player that carries you to the cup). Murray probably wants some time to evaluate talent. At least these are my hopes.

Let's hope this isn't another Zubrus vs Driere situation where we chase our ex and fail to to see the 6'5' girl next door

To the first bolded: Ott would be a good character guy to help our youngins develop properly. Why do you say that PLF would be unlikely to sign him?

To the second bolded: Is this girl 11 feet or 30 feet tall?

To the first bolded: Ott would be a good character guy to help our youngins develop properly. Why do you say that PLF would be unlikely to sign him?

To the second bolded: Is this girl 11 feet or 30 feet tall?

I think that Ott has his role and it is important. However, he is not a star and will never be more than a solid 3rd line guy who can step up to the 2nd line if needed. I think the only players PLF would have signed to an extension would be stars (Miller, or Vanek if he was still here). I think Ott has a specific function and if the new GM wanted to create a team that had a different characteristic he might not fit in. Whereas stars are guys you build a team around and contend for the cup with, character guys like Ott are vets that win you the cup, they are not building blocks.

I agree this team needs leadership and Ott offers that. However, he isn't the only guy in the league that can do that and so I think it should be the GMs decision who provides that service

The girl-next-door is 195.5cm tall - but thank you for pointing out another reason the metric system is better :P

I think that Ott has his role and it is important. However, he is not a star and will never be more than a solid 3rd line guy who can step up to the 2nd line if needed. I think the only players PLF would have signed to an extension would be stars (Miller, or Vanek if he was still here). I think Ott has a specific function and if the new GM wanted to create a team that had a different characteristic he might not fit in. Whereas stars are guys you build a team around and contend for the cup with, character guys like Ott are vets that win you the cup, they are not building blocks.

I agree this team needs leadership and Ott offers that. However, he isn't the only guy in the league that can do that and so I think it should be the GMs decision who provides that service

The girl-next-door is 195.5cm tall - but thank you for pointing out another reason the metric system is better :P

But the Sabres aren't going to be winning any cups in the next 3 seasons, and Ott is a good guy to be around for the building. With so many fringe players already on the roster, I'd rather have only 6 new forwards next year than 9.

But the Sabres aren't going to be winning any cups in the next 3 seasons, and Ott is a good guy to be around for the building. With so many fringe players already on the roster, I'd rather have only 6 new forwards next year than 9.

No, i'm not saying he won't be resigned but i'm explaining why the decision of his resigning was probably left to the new GM whereas PLF implied he would have resigned Miller before picking a GM

Because it doesn't require its user to know how to properly punctuate?

No, i'm not saying he won't be resigned but i'm explaining why the decision of his resigning was probably left to the new GM whereas PLF implied he would have resigned Miller before picking a GM

Ah. Gotcha.

Pierre LeBrun on T.S.N. today was saying that both the Kings and the Sens are very interested in Matt Moulson. They've been kicking tires so to speak and with the Murray connection between Ottawa and Buffalo something could be in the works.

We need enough leaders to carry over the culture Nolan has established.

I don't think the present core of Hodgson Myers Weber can get it done without Ott.

You view Mike Weber as part of the core? No snark, I'm asking. I really do not see this. I see him as a bit player who won't be here when all is said and done. I love his grit and tenacity but I really feel he falls short when it comes to skill. And I'm of the opinion that skill should be a requirement. Character is great, but I like winning more.

You view Mike Weber as part of the core? No snark, I'm asking. I really do not see this. I see him as a bit player who won't be here when all is said and done. I love his grit and tenacity but I really feel he falls short when it comes to skill. And I'm of the opinion that skill should be a requirement. Character is great, but I like winning more.

wanted to say same thing, he is first D on my trade/dump list.

Pierre LeBrun on T.S.N. today was saying that both the Kings and the Sens are very interested in Matt Moulson. They've been kicking tires so to speak and with the Murray connection between Ottawa and Buffalo something could be in the works.

If Ottawa isn't offering Zach Smith I'm not interested.

Kings are interesting, wonder if Jordan Nolan would be involved in any package?

If Ottawa isn't offering Zach Smith I'm not interested.

Kings are interesting, wonder if Jordan Nolan would be involved in any package?

The Kings roster page has him listed as a Center. Outside of his scoring stats, does anyone have any information on his face off %? PK ability?

What is Jordan Nolan's specialty exactly?

Oh, and he looks a great deal like dad.

wanted to say same thing, he is first D on my trade/dump list.

He's a good leader, a good body usage guy, but his skating......yikes........

The Kings roster page has him listed as a Center. Outside of his scoring stats, does anyone have any information on his face off %? PK ability?

What is Jordan Nolan's specialty exactly?

Oh, and he looks a great deal like dad.

He's a good leader, a good body usage guy, but his skating......yikes........

Jordan Nolan is the perfect 4th liner. High energy, loves to hit. Not afraid of anyone. He doesn't really do much else though.

Not at all. My feelings about him are similar to yours.

Love the guy. He'd be a good fit as the number six guy on a good team.

But he's just not good enough.

I was using "core" in the sense of the group of guys whose voices would carry weight in the room.

Right now it's Ott, Tallinder, Ehrhoff, Miller and Moulson — exactly the group expected to be traded off.

My point was if we trade those guys and who steps up?

Myers and Hodgson are the skill guys coming behind them, but I'm not sure they have the personalities.

Weber has the personality but not the skill.

After that it's AHLers and teenagers.

The room seems pretty good right now and PLF TM and TN may not want to jeopardize that.

The last core didn't emerge when it was passed the torch after Black Sunday.

Keeping Ott may be a higher priority than we think.

Edited by dudacek

Not at all. My feelings about him are similar to yours.

Love the guy. He'd be a good fit as the number six guy on a good team.

But he's just not good enough.

I was using "core" in the sense of the group of guys whose voices would carry weight in the room.

Right now it's Ott, Tallinder, Ehrhoff, Miller and Moulson — exactly the group expected to be traded off.

My point was if we trade those guys and who steps up?

Myers and Hodgson are the skill guys coming behind them, but I'm not sure they have the personalities.

Weber has the personality but not the skill.

After that it's AHLers and teenagers.

Keeping Ott may be a higher priority than we think.

Nikita Zadorov

Why not? Him and Risto were the best defensemen at the Juniors. With other players who will be on lineups next year....

Think about all the 19-year-olds you know. How many of them would you want put in charge of anything important?

Then think about all the 30-year-olds you know. How many of them do you see being comfortable/happy following a 19-year-old?

Steve Yzermans don't come around very often.

Think about all the 19-year-olds you know. How many of them would you want put in charge of anything important?

Then think about all the 30-year-olds you know. How many of them do you see being comfortable/happy following a 19-year-old?

Steve Yzermans don't come around very often.

I'm not saying that he is the captain next year but I would bet his play would be good enough to be on the roster. Also he can do much more than weber can, of course there will be more mistakes with him but who cares?