• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Is Miller to Ottawa a too far fetched idea? It makes sense, IMO, that Murray would deal with a team he is familiar with.

Miller to Ottawa for Zack Smith and their 2015 1st round pick? Too much? Too little?

That's if miller wants to go to a Canadian team, I think it's been said that he will refuse to go to a Canada in team in the past... Not sure how true it is.

Also I'm not one of those guys that cares about trading in the division, you get the best return regardless of what team offers

Someone help me out. Why exactly is Colorado itching to dump a young promising player, who is the leading scorer on their team? Am I missing something?

They have three very good centers already and o'reilly is going to be very expensive very soon

Duchene, 23 years old, point per game player.

Mackinnon, 18 years old, already a 60 point player

Statsny, 28, a 50-60 point player.

O'Reilly isnt going to be a top two center there as both duchene and mackinnon are better, and statsny makes more sense as a 3rd line center

Edited by Numark

They have three very good centers already and o'reilly is going to be very expensive very soon

O'Reilly isnt going to be a top two center there as both duchene and mackinnon are better, and statsny makes more sense as a 3rd line center

Got it.

The problem with dealing Ott is, that I think (in the long picture) to win a cup guys like Ott are very very helpful. So if the Sabres trade Ott they might need to trade for a player like that in 2-3 years and those are hard to get and hard to find.

Statsny is an FA this year, no? If I am Roy, Statsny is the one that walks, not O'Reilly.

Statsny is an FA this year, no? If I am Roy, Statsny is the one that walks, not O'Reilly.

I agree with you except a few problems for them.

1) O'Reilly is a RFA who has shown a willingness to sign an offer sheet

2) They will have to qualify him at $6.5 million

3) They do not want to pay him more then Duchene

4) While capable their owner does not want to spend to the cap

5) They desperately need top end defensemen

I agree with you except a few problems for them.

1) O'Reilly is a RFA who has shown a willingness to sign an offer sheet

2) They will have to qualify him at $6.5 million

3) They do not want to pay him more then Duchene

4) While capable their owner does not want to spend to the cap

5) They desperately need top end defensemen

I've not stayed connected to what is going on with O'Reilly and Col but my impression is O'reilly is happy with Roy and if so I'm not convinced O'Reilly will play hardball.

They are weaker at D than forward. Maybe Ehrhoff would go a long way towards freeing a center up?

I've not stayed connected to what is going on with O'Reilly and Col but my impression is O'reilly is happy with Roy and if so I'm not convinced O'Reilly will play hardball.

They are weaker at D than forward. Maybe Ehrhoff would go a long way towards freeing a center up?

It's not so much hardball but the lowest they can tender him is 6.5. I don't see him getting less than 5 mil a year. That's a lot to pay for your third best center who is a great trading asset and your team has major holes

It's not so much hardball but the lowest they can tender him is 6.5. I don't see him getting less than 5 mil a year. That's a lot to pay for your third best center who is a great trading asset and your team has major holes

Agreed. The question that is really important is will they pay their third best center 5mil a year times 4-7years? This also has to be taken into account when you look at their defensive holes. If I am Colorado and the Sabres call, I am probably asking about ehrhoff, Myers, pysyk and maybe mcnabb. I may also inquire about girgorenko, Johan Larsson, Justin kea.

The more I look at Colorado the more I think you could get O'Reilly but it would be a trade like Mcnabb, Grigorenko, 2nd rounder or Pysyk, Kea, 2nd or Myers, 2nd basically filling a hole for them but also giving them something else that could fill a hole later down the line.

I went, Blues, Senators, Kings, Oilers for choice one, and Blues also for choice 2. My reasoning for the Blues mainly is because if management truly believes they are on the precipice of a Stanley Cup, I believe they will do everything to ascertain it. Ryan Miller makes too much sense for them. Between the likes of Ty Rattie, Dmitraj Jaskin, and other options they make sense for a potential fit. The second most likely fit is Edmonton, but that depends on the development of the Scrivens trade. All in all like most I would say that the more right on answer is St. Louis. LA has the outside chance in the Moulson market with forwards like Toffoli, Zykov, Pearson, Vey and secondary guys like Shore. I'm more in the liking to trading Ryan Miller now while he's of value and giving the shot to Enroth. He's been solid when Miller has been injured and is still in his later 20's (goalie prime). Ottawa has a few options, but what's likely there outside of the connection with the Murray family. Anaheim, again great group, but do they really need Miller? I would likely say they'd be more interested in defense if that.

As far as Toffoli for a rental forward in Matt Moulson: LA fans would riot. He's still a very highly regarded prospect who hasn't broken through just yet. We'd be more likely to target the next crop of forwards they have behind Pearson and Toffoli. If we could get Linden Vey that would be awesome.

Yes many of the posts on another board, to not be named stated that Toffoli in a deal for a rental player is not only unacceptable, but down right unnecessary. I'm personally okay with Vey, Pearson and Zykov (also a guy LA fans would not be a fan of moving.). If the right incentive came back, thank you for your time Mr. Moulson, I still love your game.

I'm also definitely all about showing Stafford the door. He's the classic, shows up when it's money time and disappear otherwise at all times. I've never been convinced of him being anything but inconsistent.

The thing is, when talking trades, a lot of fans get blinded to promise.

Tyler Toffoli is a good - not elite - prospect, who happens to be the best offensive prospect in the Kings system.

For reference, the 2013 Hockey news Future Watch edition - a poll of scouts - had him ranked in the mid-60s. That's behind Grigorenko and Armia, for two.

I can see why the Kings fans want to keep him and why the Sabres fans would want him. His upside is Matt Moulson.

The thing is his downside is Luke Adam or Jason Dawe.

He's had one serious stint in the league that ended when he hit an offensive wall.

The team dealing for the prospect is the one taking the bigger risk. Always.

They are giving away a proven commodity for a maybe.

And if fans aren't taking that into account, GMs certainly are.

The thing is, when talking trades, a lot of fans get blinded to promise.

Tyler Toffoli is a good - not elite - prospect, who happens to be the best offensive prospect in the Kings system.

For reference, the 2013 Hockey news Future Watch edition - a poll of scouts - had him ranked in the mid-60s. That's behind Grigorenko and Armia, for two.

I can see why the Kings fans want to keep him and why the Sabres fans would want him. His upside is Matt Moulson.

The thing is his downside is Luke Adam or Jason Dawe.

He's had one serious stint in the league that ended when he hit an offensive wall.

The team dealing for the prospect is the one taking the bigger risk. Always.

They are giving away a proven commodity for a maybe.

And if fans aren't taking that into account, GMs certainly are.

Teddy will need a Jason Dawe for next years playoff run. Just sayin.

I find it interesting that while Moulson rumours are everywhere and Miller rumours are rampant, there has been nary a peep about Ott.

I wonder if that is because word around the league is that the other two are on the market, but he is not.

The leadership has to come from somewhere and I can see PLF making that call.

I find it interesting that while Moulson rumours are everywhere and Miller rumours are rampant, there has been nary a peep about Ott.

I wonder if that is because word around the league is that the other two are on the market, but he is not.

You passed up the opportunity for a nice quatrain there.

Well, if they're keeping Ott, they're probably going to keep Weber too.

If so, I'm happy with the decision. Those are 2 solid vertebrae for the spine.

I think it's because those are two "coveted" player types at the moment, and rumors can fly rampant all season regarding players like that, but a player like Ott is a deadline type player.