GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 9-21-13 at 7PM and Sabres at Leafs Sunday night

spndnchz

There is nothing "genuine" about any shift John Scott takes. He's a goon with one purpose and one purpose only.

I hope this is only the beginning for the NHL. If teams and coaches are going to use goons to target players on the opposing team there needs to be consequences. I hope the fines get steeper and rules put in place to ensure goons are removed form the game. I love tough physical hockey. What John Scott does not in anyway exemplify those qualities. Every time a team puts a player like John Scott on the ice and an altercation ensues it should be reviewed by the league for possible disciplinary action against the team.

I agree, but I would very much like to add that until they start disciplining skilled players who routinely dish out one cheapshot after another (Mike Richards, Milan Lucic, etc.), there's still a place for goons in the NHL.

The problem with the NHL and discipline, as always, is consistency - The only thing consistent about them is that they're wildly inconsistent.

I'm not gonna get too deep into this, as usually I have absoutely no problem with you or you posts, but the fact remains that Toronto had the last shift, and could've sent out Clarkson's line if they wanted.

Scott was already on the ice, so by definition he was not SENT anywhere.

Also, I don't see anyone mentioning this, but I honestly think Scott would've probably thrown one punch that didn't connect properly, then thrown Kessel to the ice to send a message, but we'll never really know since Kessel started swinging his stick instead. There's no way he goes out to murder a guy Kessel's size, who's not Brad Marchand or the likes.

I'm still trying to figure out where Scott beat up this guy who is 100lbs heavier and 1 foot shorter. All I saw was Kessel immediately make a move to grab him, then move back when Scott went to grab him back. Kessel then started swinging his stick while someone else came in to take over and fight Scott. I don't even think Scott would have thrown a punch at Kessel, he knows that he just has to make a move to engage Kessel and someone will come over to step in for him. Kessel not getting any punishment is a complete joke, but thats what you can expect from the joke of a league. It shouldn't matter if they already lost Clarkson to a suspension (I wouldn't be surprised if the league found a way to overturn that one too if he did appeal). I also don't see any of this looking badly on the Sabres or their coaches by the rest of the league, if anything it makes the Leafs look much worse and more of "League Darlings" for getting away with it.

He's now officially an offender. If there is a second offense, he won't get off so easy. I'm okay with that. He also has to live with his peers. They know what we know.

yes he will

Ruff has you on retainer, doesn't he?

I think the one thing we can pin on Ruff is that he was hell bent on forcing players into roles they couldn't play. Whether it was his ego or Darcy giving him the wrong players, our some combination of the two, Lindy found ways to take guys out of the roles they were best at.

o.

...Well in that case suck it Toronto!

:o .......................... :lol:

team has done that for a long time actually, last season gave some hope, but it was a short season, with Red Wings added and a full season time will tell who they are... in sincerity my bad for posting, this is a Sabre site after all, and it does work very well with many fine folk.

I'm still trying to figure out where Scott beat up this guy who is 100lbs heavier and 1 foot shorter. All I saw was Kessel immediately make a move to grab him, then move back when Scott went to grab him back.

good god guys, Sabre send out guy to establish they will not be soft, this guy beats on guy 100 lbs and a foot shorter, player admitted to going on ice to cause fight,

I'm just trying to figure out if Kessel is 5'8" and 160 lbs or John Scott is 7'0" and 302.

If anyone should be fined its Carlyle, cause he selected the guys to go on the ice, Ours were still there completing a shift.

Guess they don't want to fine people on doing idiot moves.

I have been saying the same exact thing. If you go back and watch the video from the TV feed, the announcer says Scott was jawing at the Toronto bench during the commercial break. Carlyle knew that and could have taken his guys off the ice but chose not to. Instead he leaves them out to "diffuse" the situation. Really Randy? Not buying it one bit. If any coach should have been fined out that whole mess, Carlyle should have been for stupidity.

Kessel should have drawn some suspension time in the regular season. I know lots of veteran players that would probably be glad to sit out three games in pre-season. I know that Toronto is between a rock and a hard place with the cap and the Clarkson suspension, but that shouldn't matter in disciplinary matters. How is a player flailing about with his stick not a dangerous situation that should be punished?

Yep - didn't look intentional - looked like Devane lost his balance the momentum pulled them both down to the ice. And Devane is a big guy - that's a lot of momentum and an unyielding landing surface.

I don't believe this at all.

The only thing that needs to happen when we play TO next time is that Scott needs to break Devane's jaw.

Period.

good god guys, Sabre send out guy to establish they will not be soft, this guy beats on guy 100 lbs and a foot shorter, player admitted to going on ice to cause fight, of course they going to get fine and lucky it is not more. As Sabre fans got to be laughing though as good adversery player lost for ten games, small $$$ is only thing lost, but got to think league and college of coaches, looking at Sabres not so kindly, time will tell if this bought them cred, or disrespect , time will tell

can't imagine Leafs as team will do anything but move on from this, Scott or Sabres hardly it big picture that important apart from getting necessary points ,

:o .......................... :lol:

team has done that for a long time actually, last season gave some hope, but it was a short season, with Red Wings added and a full season time will tell who they are... in sincerity my bad for posting, this is a Sabre site after all, and it does work very well with many fine folk.

How many times have you posted only to say "sorry for posting". Just have a conversation. It's a bit back-handed to a lot of people to keep calling it a "Sabres" site. Sure, it is in name and the focus is the Sabres but you don't see people like GoDD and PASabreFan putting their noses up the Sabres bung.

The league spoke and if the Sabres feel that the Leafs were let off the hook then I am sure they will do what they feel is necessary to equalize that when they meet.

The entirety of misinformation surrounding this entire event is insane. Listening to Friedman or whatever his name is on WGR this morning was insane. Comparing Scott and Kessel's brush against each other with Todd Bertuzzi tackling Steve Moore from behind and ramming his face into the ice is so out of line he should hand in his credentials right now.

How many times have you posted only to say "sorry for posting". Just have a conversation. It's a bit back-handed to a lot of people to keep calling it a "Sabres" site. Sure, it is in name and the focus is the Sabres but you don't see people like GoDD and PASabreFan putting their noses up the Sabres bung.

But how will he get internet validation if he doesn't constantly seek it!!!???!!1

The league spoke and if the Sabres feel that the Leafs were let off the hook then I am sure they will do what they feel is necessary to equalize that when they meet.

The entirety of misinformation surrounding this entire event is insane. Listening to Friedman or whatever his name is on WGR this morning was insane. Comparing Scott and Kessel's brush against each other with Todd Bertuzzi tackling Steve Moore from behind and ramming his face into the ice is so out of line he should hand in his credentials right now.

Its a Canadian thing, they think they can say anything as long as they say sorry behind it. :)

Tropp has a broken jaw. Out indefinitely.

https://twitter.com/...890677618884608

Whatever, it's just a preseason game. Not important.

And amazingly to me some Sabre fans even state on here that they don't care about this whole event and cant understand why anyone else would. Kind of incredibile in itself I think.

I care.

And amazingly to me some Sabre fans even state on here that they don't care about this whole event and cant understand why anyone else would. Kind of incredibile in itself I think.

I care.

I know, didn't know how to react to it either. Yeh it is preseason, but its the Leaves and Toronto and that little asshat Kessel so it does matter.

I heard that same interview this morning. That was a stupid comparison. He also let Kessel off the hook for his actions throughout the interview, multiple times. Sorry Elliot, the guy was swinging his stick out there like a lumberjack multiple times. No excuse for that.

I care.

Well, as one who said I don't give a crap, I suppose I should clarify:

- I do indeed care that Tropp is hurt. I like him and what he brings to the lineup -- a bit of skill and a substantial amount of heart and toughness. (I made my statement about not giving a crap before the news broke about his broken jaw.). I'm also relieved that his concussion is apparently not a severe one.

- I also care that -- and am encouraged about -- the Sabres responded immediately to Devane breaking the rules vs Tropp (fighting someone well below his weight class and/or the extra blow(s) at the end of the fight).

- What I really don't give a crap about is the whole "the Leafs broke the code/No, the Sabres broke the code" dispute, and its equally boring cousin, "the NHL punishment was unfair/the Sabres always get shafted/the Leafs always get preferential treatment" airing of grievances.

Archived