GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 9-21-13 at 7PM and Sabres at Leafs Sunday night

spndnchz

So, Andrew Peters is saying the story as he got it is that Scott was asking Devane to fight before Devane took on Tropp. Apparently Devane was avoiding Scott and instead started badgering Tropp, who, as we know, could not resist backing down.

Very interesting.

I still think Scott fights with a heavyweight and Kessel fights someone (Girgensons?) too, in November.

For those of you with short memories, here is an example of what John Scott is like on the ice. He KIDNEY PUNCHES Colton Orr with a cheap shot early in the fight. Orr takes it...and says, "Oh, you want to be a bitch? I can do that too." He gives Scott a body shot and Scott crumbles like a little girl. This was one of Scott's first games and it stuck in my craw. Hey, but now we upgrade from kidney punches to attacking a one nutted, cancer survivor who scored more goals in his first hour of NHL icetime than Scott has done in nearly a decade........

Very interesting.

I still think Scott fights with a heavyweight and Kessel fights someone (Girgensons?) too, in November.

Hodgson would be the ideal foe, especially if he's given a letter.

For those of you with short memories, here is an example of what John Scott is like on the ice. He KIDNEY PUNCHES Colton Orr with a cheap shot early in the fight. Orr takes it...and says, "Oh, you want to be a bitch? I can do that too." He gives Scott a body shot and Scott crumbles like a little girl. This was one of Scott's first games and it stuck in my craw. Hey, but now we upgrade from kidney punches to attacking a one nutted, cancer survivor who scored more goals in his first hour of NHL icetime than Scott has done in nearly a decade........

Good. I want guys on my team doing the seedy stuff rather than being the constant victims. I want an enforcer that takes it over the top. You take out our semi skilled middle weight after ducking me all game, I'll go after your best player.

Hodgson would be the ideal foe, especially if he's given a letter.

Good. I want guys on my team doing the seedy stuff rather than being the constant victims. I want an enforcer that takes it over the top. You take out our semi skilled middle weight after ducking me all game, I'll go after your best player.

Right on. This is the team the people wanted. If this is our attitude era, then I expect to be entertained. Bring me the blood sport.

Hey man, no one ever said Scott was a good fighter. If you look at the roster, he's about the only guy on the Sabres, save Foligno, who I think can actually intimidate anyone on the ice. If Foligno were out there instead, or Vanek, or Barack Hussein Obama, or John Gotti, I want them to take a crack at someone. A talented rookie got his jaw broke and was concussed because the other team's goon wants a spot being a goon?

http://youtu.be/lKYQx3W-H8g

Irony or balance? This event is a self-contained bubble, except for the dumb-ass fine. There are other goons and tough guys in the league. You either have this, or the disaster that is Zack Kassian, because that's Darcy's Sabres.

Being tough is good. Being dirty, bitchmade, insufferable, thuggish punks like the Bruins, Flyers, or Ducks isn't.

You can be good and you can be tough but there's a line. You don't want to be those teams, playoff success aside.

At least I don't. It's not attractive hockey, it's not entertaining, and it's not something I'd care to root for or represent.

Right on. This is the team the people wanted. If this is our attitude era, then I expect to be entertained. Bring me the blood sport.

This is complete bull. At no time was the conversation about adding goons to the team. If that is what you and others have taken from all those conversations you clearly never understood what the conversations were about.

This is complete bull. At no time was the conversation about adding goons to the team. If that is what you and others have taken from all those conversations you clearly never understood what the conversations were about.

Can't have one without the other. You can't have a team that plays hard as hell without some thuggery.

Can't have one without the other. You can't have a team that plays hard as hell without some thuggery.

I really don't think this is true. Not to say that there wouldn't be some dust-ups, but that's not necessarily thuggery, that's just tough hockey.

Being tough is good. Being dirty, bitchmade, insufferable, thuggish punks like the Bruins, Flyers, or Ducks isn't.

You can be good and you can be tough but there's a line. You don't want to be those teams, playoff success aside.

At least I don't. It's not attractive hockey, it's not entertaining, and it's not something I'd care to root for or represent.

FTR, Scott, Kaleta and McCormick are dirty, bitchmade, insufferable, thuggish punks. I'll take Boston's team over ours right now.

I really don't think this is true. Not to say that there wouldn't be some dust-ups, but that's not necessarily thuggery, that's just tough hockey.

FTR, Scott, Kaleta and McCormick are dirty, bitchmade, insufferable, thuggish punks. I'll take Boston's team over ours right now.

I agree with your first point. But McCormick? I don't see him in the thug mold at all.

I'll take Boston's team over ours right now.

Talent wise, no contest but lets not hide from the truth here. Marchand is the leagues biggest punk, a talented punk, but no one comes close to his weasely antics. Lucic and Chara are pretty dirty. They may be more stand up about it than Marchand but those guys really have little regard for other players safety. Running goalies, slamming a players skull of partitions.

I'll disagree on two out of three here.

And I think 2/3 of the leagues fans would take Boston's roster over their teams too.

So, he's one of our goal scorers, then?

No, but he has enough ability to play an honest shift. He also doesn't go around hacking at the back of knees every other play and turtling when challenged. Just because he fights and doesn't score 30 doesn't mean he's a thug or a punk. And as Ink said, Marchand is a punk regardless of how many goals he scores.

I'll disagree on two out of three here.

And I think 2/3 of the leagues fans would take Boston's roster over their teams too.

No, but he has enough ability to play an honest shift. He also doesn't go around hacking at the back of knees every other play and turtling when challenged. Just because he fights and doesn't score 30 doesn't mean he's a thug or a punk. And as Ink said, Marchand is a punk regardless of how many goals he scores.

It's funny how when it's one of your own players, they're gritty with some gamesmanship. When it's someone else's player, they're a punk.

It's funny how when it's one of your own players, they're gritty with some gamesmanship. When it's someone else's player, they're a punk.

When I hear words like dirty and punk I think of players who dish out cheap shots and jump unsuspecting players. I can't say I have ever witnessed McCormick do either of those. And I'm not aware of any incidents of Scott doing either as well, excepting a strange sequence near the end of a Leaf's game recently that could be argued either way.

FTR, I generally don't consider guys like Thornton or Bissonette to be dirty or punk either. Hell, if it weren't for the Miller Incident I probably wouldn't have that opinion of Lucic.

When I hear words like dirty and punk I think of players who dish out cheap shots and jump unsuspecting players. I can't say I have ever witnessed McCormick do either of those. And I'm not aware of any incidents of Scott doing either as well, excepting a strange sequence near the end of a Leaf's game recently that could be argued either way.

FTR, I generally don't consider guys like Thornton or Bissonette to be dirty or punk either. Hell, if it weren't for the Miller Incident I probably wouldn't have that opinion of Lucic.

I agree completely. That was actually my point and thanks for making it for me. I wasn't being very clear.

I am positive that other fans view Kaleta as a punk and dirty player. Yet, the very fans that wouldn't want to root for Philly or Boston would say we need to keep him for what he brings to the team.

I agree completely. That was actually my point and thanks for making it for me. I wasn't being very clear.

I am positive that other fans view Kaleta as a punk and dirty player. Yet, the very fans that wouldn't want to root for Philly or Boston would say we need to keep him for what he brings to the team.

If 36 was on another team, he's my least favorite player in the league. I view him in the same vein as Cooke, Avery, and the like. I have an uncomfortable relationship with him at this point. I don't like the way he pez dispensers and slams into the boards when missing a check. I like the way he competes and the effort he gives. If we has a Facebook relationship it would be under "it's complicated".

Archived