GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 9-21-13 at 7PM and Sabres at Leafs Sunday night

spndnchz

I have never heard of a coach being fined for player selection before. It is well known that coaches regularly send their big boys out to send a message. I would suggest that's exactly what Carlyle did when he sent out Devane against Tropp.

I'd wonder about the precedent the ruling sets, but the NHL has given no indication it cares about precedent.

But those are just observations. The rulings are meaningless.

What I want to hear is the Sabres will do what's best for the Sabres. ###### the Leafs, ###### Shanahan.

We did what we did. We'll pay the price.

And we'll pay it again, next time someone takes liberties.

Remember that.

I really don't have a problem with this suspension. He got thrown out of the game, which he should have been, and now he has a history if he does it again. It's not like it hurts that much to get hit in the legs with a stick. And that "spear" was just a love tap to get under Scott's skin. If a Sabre did that we'd giggle about it.

The only thing that matters is how we play TO on the ice the next time.

I find the fine on Rolston a little baffling, though. I guess the NHL wants to become more like that uber-corporate, watered down version of the NFL that we get to watch these days.

I keep tweeting stuff at the leafs but they dont ever tweet back :cry: I was just responding to a tweet they sent out...

Toronto Maple Leafs@MapleLeafs 4m

-> RT @MattWyler: Tired of that leaky roof? Call JVR. Professional roofer. #SoftHands #TMLtalk @MapleLeafs

@######KT

@MapleLeafs Tired of some pesky trees call Phil Kessel Professional Lumberjack... @76_AndrewPeters

I keep tweeting stuff at the leafs but they dont ever tweet back :cry: I was just responding to a tweet they sent out...

Toronto Maple Leafs@MapleLeafs 4m

-> RT @MattWyler: Tired of that leaky roof? Call JVR. Professional roofer. #SoftHands #TMLtalk @MapleLeafs

@######KT

@MapleLeafs Tired of some pesky trees call Phil Kessel Professional Lumberjack... @76_AndrewPeters

LOL

The precedents the NHL is setting today are staggering. I can't believe this is over. Toronto is not only laughing at Buffalo, but pissing with the wind at its back all over the Queen City.

The Sabres should appeal Rolston's fine, if not for the (further) insult to the organization, but in the best interests of the league itself,

How was Rolston supposed to know with whatever percentage of certainty that Scott would start a fight with Kessel? Is he a telepath? Do they have some way of non-vocally signaling players?

That line was left out to complete their shift; an absolutely normal and routine occurrence in every league on every continent. Now what are coached supposed to do? What are the parameters of this rule?

This makes the NFL seem like old lady bingo.

let the leaf trolling continue!!!

Toronto Maple Leafs@MapleLeafs 5m

6 attackers for the Leafs RT @PhaneufLupul319: COME ON BOYS!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!! #TMLtalk

@########KT3m

@MapleLeafs @PhaneufLupul319 Quick follow kessels example and start swinging your sticks like clubs! That always works for the win!

David Clarkson will be addressing the Media after the Toronto game tonight. The game just ended.

John Shannon@JSportsnet 2m

Dave Clarkson apologizes for ducking media...announces he will not appeal suspension.

This is driving me nuts that there aren't a lot of fireworks over these tragic decisions by the NHL. But then, again, Obama was voted in twice, so perhaps I ought not be surprised by the silence of the sheeple.

Why are you so mad? This isn't the first time a coach has been fined for something like this. It isn't even the first time for the Sabres.

Kessel will have to deal with his actions in every game he plays this year. There won't be a single team that will let him forget about it.

And hey, you're 401K is worth a lot more since the sheeple have spoken.

This whole thing is a joke. But I still feel that Kessel will do this again and he'll have his day.

I desperate want the leafs to retaliate in November... just because this is such stupid issue... scott didn't even toss a punch at Kessel he let him go the second Kessel didnt drop the gloves.

The leafs lost their minds and are bitching about it still... we are mind f#cking them!!! (See: Get him to the Greek, for further reference to the mind f##k)

This whole thing is a joke. But I still feel that Kessel will do this again and he'll have his day.

His day of being praised for heroically swinging his stick at opposing players like a knight battling an army of goblins?

Thank you, Sir Phillip, for inspiring us all. Excelsior!

#TorontoMedia

Archived