GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 9-21-13 at 7PM and Sabres at Leafs Sunday night

spndnchz

Yes, but Scott was brought in purely to add some muscle to the big club, not the Amerks.

I just don't see the connection.

and presumably the sabres had a variety of options when it came to bringing in a designated heavyweight. i'm just theorizing that maybe the michigan tech connection within the sabres organ-eye-zation weighed in favor of making scott their guy. just a thought.

maybe it was just odd for me to discover within a matter of days that scott and rolston have that michigan tech connection.

and presumably the sabres had a variety of options when it came to bringing in a designated heavyweight. i'm just theorizing that maybe the michigan tech connection within the sabres organ-eye-zation weighed in favor of making scott their guy. just a thought.

maybe it was just odd for me to discover within a matter of days that scott and rolston have that michigan tech connection.

I suppose stranger things have happened.

Rolston was at Tech in the late 80s, Scott from '02-'06. Rolston was coaching at his 4th different college by that point. I have to say, this one is a stretch of Drane-ian proportions.

Rolston was at Tech in the late 80s, Scott from '02-'06. Rolston was coaching at his 4th different college by that point. I have to say, this one is a stretch of Drane-ian proportions.

a drane-ian stretch? now who's engaging in hyperbole?

here's all i was saying: perhaps, in the course of searching for a heavyweight in 2012, DR was looking at the available "talent" and called RR and said something like "do you have any contacts at michigan tech who could give us a lowdown on scott?" perhaps especially in view of the fact that scott apparently got into a scrape with the law while there.

that's all.

a drane-ian stretch? now who's engaging in hyperbole?

here's all i was saying: perhaps, in the course of searching for a heavyweight in 2012, DR was looking at the available "talent" and called RR and said something like "do you have any contacts at michigan tech who could give us a lowdown on scott?" perhaps especially in view of the fact that scott apparently got into a scrape with the law while there.

that's all.

I don't think you're going to find many connections there at all. Tech had 4 different coaches between Rolston and Scott's time there. You're not going to see very much continuity. Scott had pretty firmly established his reputation at the NHL level at that point and the Sabres knew exactly what they were signing.

I don't think you're going to find many connections there at all. Tech had 4 different coaches between Rolston and Scott's time there. You're not going to see very much continuity. Scott had pretty firmly established his reputation at the NHL level at that point and the Sabres knew exactly what they were signing.

I left my school 20 years ago. I'm still probably going to give people who went there preferential treatment, even if I don't know them.

I left my school 20 years ago. I'm still probably going to give people who went there preferential treatment, even if I don't know them.

I wouldn't, sorry all you UB grads. I might give someone from Buffalo preferential treatment over somewhere else, so I guess the point does make some sense. Depends on the person making the decision we're talking about, I guess.

This is 100% correct.

If Lucic was a Sabre and he ran over Tim Thomas posters on this board would be claiming Thomas flopped.

That's a stretch.

Yes it is. And you can bet there would have been a suspension, too.

that is 103% wrong. What i would say is ###### Tim Thomas

Yep.

Archived