GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 9-21-13 at 7PM and Sabres at Leafs Sunday night

spndnchz

Eh, ######. He had the first pick of the lines. If Carlyle puts out Orr, etc, nobody sees fines or hearings. Are we fining every coach that puts his goliath(s) on the ice or lets them stay on the ice?

But if you really really got to fine somebody for letting John Scott off his chain to go do his job (and you don't), I suppose it's the coach.

It really is something: To fine a coach for failing to remove a player from the ice following an on-ice incident. Not fining him for sending Scott out there -- no, fining him for failing to call Scott to the bench.

If the Sabres appeal, I'd expect them to prevail. Well, sort of. Maybe not. The league really is a joke.

It really is something: To fine a coach for failing to remove a player from the ice following an on-ice incident. Not fining him for sending Scott out there -- no, fining him for failing to call Scott to the bench.

If the Sabres appeal, I'd expect them to prevail. Well, sort of. Maybe not. The league really is a joke.

This kind of stuff only happens to the Sabres.

Of all of the joke talk in this thread...THIS is indeed the real joke. Holy crap.

This kind of stuff only happens to the Sabres.

Amen.

He's a smart guy. A mechanical engineer if I'm remembering correctly.

Fact check complete. This is correct. Judging by the sources I found, he graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Michigan Tech (a decent engineering school).

Good to know he's got a life after hockey when (not if, and hopefully not soon,) his part of the show is over.

Scott is a 2010 graduate of Michigan Tech, with a degree in mechanical engineering. “School always came first when I came to Michigan Tech,” he told the Daily Mining Gazette of Houghton, Mich. “I didn’t want to waste four years of working hard to only have a shot in the dark at hockey.”

Vincent said Scott worked hard at improving his skating, and wants to be more than just a three-minute-per-game tough guy. But he has a smart perspective on hockey.

“He says, ‘The one thing hockey is going to do for me is that when I go and take an entry-level engineering job at $62,000 a year, we’ll have most of our bills paid,’ ” said Vincent. “He’s a smart kid. He figures if people want to pay him pretty good money to play in the NHL, why not?”

You have got to be kidding me. Garage league.

Taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture, John Scott is really doing a good job at terrorizing the Northeast Division, which is precisely why we brought him on.

Money well spent.

Next.

Pegula bucks.

Haha yeah. That's probably tallied up on Ted Black's office whiteboard, earmarked for Ron Rolston's next signing bonus and/or golden parachute pot.

Either that or Pegula decides to donate 100 times what Rolston's fine was to rename it the "Terry Pegula Player Assistance Fund" and he sets up an online bill pay for Scott, Kaleta, Ott, McCormick, Rolston, and, hell, why not, Miller to use.

So if Rolston is being fined for Scott being on the ice and the Conduct of his team than shouldn't Carlyle be fined for allowing his players to jump off the bench? I mean Clarkson did and Kadri was trying to. Seems pretty one sided ###### to me. (the kadri part is sarcasm)

Archived