GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 9-21-13 at 7PM and Sabres at Leafs Sunday night

spndnchz

I love this gem of a comment from the readers:

What are coaches worried about? You don’t want that penalty? Don’t send your goons after the other teams skilled players. Easy as that.

The penalty is called “Player selection and Team Conduct”. Sending your players to head hunt the other team’s skilled players counts as bad “Team Conduct” which will get you that penalty. The “Player selection” part isn’t necessarily the key point to that penalty.

If it was just Scott who came after Kessel it would be easy to blame just Scott, but Brian Flynn came after Kessel once Scott failed at his attempt and was taken out of the play. It was a Buffalo team effort to take out Toronto’s best forward. Didn’t go so well for Flynn though, but that’s what you get for listening to your bush league coach’s bush league commands.

Rolston’s fine was well earned.

Yeah, that's exactly what Flynn was doing.

I love this gem of a comment from the readers:

Yeah, that's exactly what Flynn was doing.

it did prompt me to go back and watch the video. i had only watched it once. and, yeah - flynn "went after kessel" if, by that, you mean he broke away from the scott-scrum so that kessel would stop chopping away at scott's legs.

it did prompt me to go back and watch the video. i had only watched it once. and, yeah - flynn "went after kessel" if, by that, you mean he broke away from the scott-scrum so that kessel would stop chopping away at scott's legs.

Can we call Flynn "Greenpeace" now? You know, attacking lumberjacks?

You mean when Sandy McCarthy was an "actual hockey player" in the league?

Kris Draper, Claude Lemiuex, Brendan Shanahan, Patrick Roy, Chris Osgood? "actual hockey players" and a couple of Hall of Famers.

Alos,

Sandy McCarthy never played for the Avs of Red Wings. You are thinking of Darren McCarty, who by the way has 127 career goals, 288 points and is a career +61. 23g 49p and a plus 21 in the playoffs. So yes, I would consider him an "actual hockey player."

To me, this is a very strange take on the situation. It reeks a little too much of "Sabres-bad, everyone else-good". If Ennis had swung his stick like that (twice) you would have been the first in line to buy your pitchfork and torch.

I was thinking something similar, how many on this board had similar comments back when Briere was suspended for spearing a few years back? I seem to recall a general consensus that star players need to protect themselves. There are opinions that change with the color of the jersey, not mine. Others? Definitely.

Kris Draper, Claude Lemiuex, Brendan Shanahan, Patrick Roy, Chris Osgood? "actual hockey players" and a couple of Hall of Famers.

Alos,

Sandy McCarthy never played for the Avs of Red Wings. You are thinking of Darren McCarty, who by the way has 127 career goals, 288 points and is a career +61. 23g 49p and a plus 21 in the playoffs. So yes, I would consider him an "actual hockey player."

I was thinking something similar, how many on this board had similar comments back when Briere was suspended for spearing a few years back? I seem to recall a general consensus that star players need to protect themselves. There are opinions that change with the color of the jersey, not mine. Others? Definitely.

A jab in the boys is a bit different than 3 two handers and a jab. Com'on. You know that.

Yeah, anyone here would rather take 2 two handers to the calf and a "jab" to the padding holding up their hockey pants then getting speared in the nads.

The problem isn't the physical damage. It's the psychological damage. When a big star like Kessel even TAPS a guy like Scott with his stick, it hurts a guy like Scott. Deeply.

I don't know if you've noticed, but he's been kind of staggering and moping up and down Franklin Avenue lately. He questions his existence. He doesn't know why he's here (I mean alive, not in Buffalo).

We all know what a simple fatherly stick tap can do. Now think of what three or four slashes can do. Scott must be disconsolate, maybe even suicidal.

The problem isn't the physical damage. It's the psychological damage. When a big star like Kessel even TAPS a guy like Scott with his stick, it hurts a guy like Scott. Deeply.

I don't know if you've noticed, but he's been kind of staggering and moping up and down Franklin Avenue lately. He questions his existence. He doesn't know why he's here (I mean alive, not in Buffalo).

We all know what a simple fatherly stick tap can do. Now think of what three or four slashes can do. Scott must be disconsolate, maybe even suicidal.

The broad said a ballshot was kid's play.....where is the outcry??????????

:worthy:

So, Andrew Peters is saying the story as he got it is that Scott was asking Devane to fight before Devane took on Tropp. Apparently Devane was avoiding Scott and instead started badgering Tropp, who, as we know, could not resist backing down.

So, Andrew Peters is saying the story as he got it is that Scott was asking Devane to fight before Devane took on Tropp. Apparently Devane was avoiding Scott and instead started badgering Tropp, who, as we know, could not resist backing down.

That would certainly lend more credence to Scott's response.

well now, that makes a little more sense then.

Which makes Devanne a giant puss

Which also explains why Scott chirped the bench and did other stuff...

Toronto is a bunch of lying pussies... which we knew so it all has come around. Interesting to see if Tropp eventually corroborates this story.

Man all those Toronto fans pissed a goon went after a skill guy... just had the legs cut out from under them. F##k you Toronto, whiny little pr##ks.

Which also explains why Scott chirped the bench and did other stuff...

Toronto is a bunch of lying pussies... which we knew so it all has come around. Interesting to see if Tropp eventually corroborates this story.

Man all those Toronto fans pissed a goon went after a skill guy... just had the legs cut out from under them. F##k you Toronto, whiny little pr##ks.

Probably also means Devane should hope he won't be playing next time the two meet.

Archived