GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 9-21-13 at 7PM and Sabres at Leafs Sunday night

spndnchz

I agree completely. That was actually my point and thanks for making it for me. I wasn't being very clear.

I am positive that other fans view Kaleta as a punk and dirty player. Yet, the very fans that wouldn't want to root for Philly or Boston would say we need to keep him for what he brings to the team.

Well that's not me. I don't like Kaleta or Scott. They're punks. They're not likable. Kaleta has been a detriment to our team in many circumstances and it pisses me off. Remember that game against the Rangers in March? He had some stupid ###### dirty ass play against Richards and the Rangers scored on the power play. It was a game we HAD to win and his conduct directly led to that loss. Pissed me the ###### off.

In fact, it grinds my gears when people say this. I'm not gonna suddenly love someone I previously hated just because they're wearing my team's jersey now. That would mean that my original feelings for them are superficial, based in nothing. I hated Shaq when he played for Phoenix. I was ready to give up my Suns fandom in 2004 had Kobe came to the Suns. I would be absolutely disgusted if Shane Victorino played for the Braves, Cortland Finnegan played for the Texans, or Milan Lucic played for the Sabres. Lucic is one of the most detestable people in the league, for me. And that was way, way before the Ryan Miller incident.

I agree completely. That was actually my point and thanks for making it for me. I wasn't being very clear.

I am positive that other fans view Kaleta as a punk and dirty player. Yet, the very fans that wouldn't want to root for Philly or Boston would say we need to keep him for what he brings to the team.

He is a punk and a dirty player. He also gets an inordinate amount of phantom calls thrown at him as well. He's proven a pretty good PK'er and solid energy guy. He's crossed the line though, numerous times. I almost think that if he weren't from Buffalo I would already want him gone. I'm not endeared to him however.

17 pages for a pre-season GDT!! :blink:

That's cause

1. It had a lumberjack

2. It had a controversal player punishment handed down.

3. It is Toronto

4. Ryan Miller actually fought in this one

5. The Carolina game had nothing to talk about

6. We're bored with the off season and we can't stand waiting for the regular season

7. We can't agree on what/who constitutes thuggery

8. We had a Canadian Leaf's fan enter the fray

9. It was the back end of a home and home that set a record for SO incompetency/incredible goalie play depending on your POV

10. The usuals did their usual in here.

That's cause

1. It had a lumberjack

3. It is Toronto

6. We're bored with the off season and we can't stand waiting for the regular season

9. It was the back end of a home and home that set a record for SO incompetency/incredible goalie play depending on your POV

Oh for good reason, no doubt. Just saying, whouda thunk it?

For the record, that's a great summary.

That's cause

1. It had a lumberjack

3. It is Toronto

And Ghost wonders why season ticket renewals are up. We just want hockey dammit!

Well that's not me. I don't like Kaleta or Scott. They're punks. They're not likable. Kaleta has been a detriment to our team in many circumstances and it pisses me off. Remember that game against the Rangers in March? He had some stupid ###### dirty ass play against Richards and the Rangers scored on the power play. It was a game we HAD to win and his conduct directly led to that loss. Pissed me the ###### off.

In fact, it grinds my gears when people say this. I'm not gonna suddenly love someone I previously hated just because they're wearing my team's jersey now. That would mean that my original feelings for them are superficial, based in nothing. I hated Shaq when he played for Phoenix. I was ready to give up my Suns fandom in 2004 had Kobe came to the Suns. I would be absolutely disgusted if Shane Victorino played for the Braves, Cortland Finnegan played for the Texans, or Milan Lucic played for the Sabres. Lucic is one of the most detestable people in the league, for me. And that was way, way before the Ryan Miller incident.

Pretty much everything in this post relating to Hockey I disagree with.

What's there to disagree with? Did he not cost us the Rangers game with his thuggery? Are Scott and Kaleta NOT punks? Is Milan Lucic some lovable creature that plays the game clean? I'd actually say the hockey-related portion of the post is the part that's inarguable and the sentiment of "loving someone once they're on your team" is the subjective part.

What's there to disagree with? Did he not cost us the Rangers game with his thuggery? Are Scott and Kaleta NOT punks? Is Milan Lucic some lovable creature that plays the game clean? I'd actually say the hockey-related portion of the post is the part that's inarguable and the sentiments of "loving someone once they're on your team" are the subjective part.

What did losing that game cost the Sabres? I want players on my team tha other played are leery of. Nobody was looking over there shoulder for Roy or Pominville.

What did losing that game cost the Sabres? I want players on my team tha other played are leery of. Nobody was looking over there shoulder for Roy or Pominville.

I can't remember the exact standings, but the standings were pretty freakin' tight at that point. His BS led to a five game suspension and a PP goal as part of a ridiculously demoralizing loss that night. It was brutal.

I can't remember the exact standings, but the standings were pretty freakin' tight at that point. His BS led to a five game suspension and a PP goal as part of a ridiculously demoralizing loss that night. It was brutal.

Richards is a diving, overpaid, over-rated prick. I'd rather have Kaleta on my team than Richards.

As much as you don't like it you do need a certain amount of that sandpaper in your lineup or you get walked on. We've tried it Darcys way and look where it got us. Darcy went all soft and la d da with this team and realized that grit is more than just a bit part to winning a championship. He's starting to draft guys with that component to their game and hopefully it'll pay off when we do get down to the nitty gritty of the playoff war of attrition that we all know happens on the road to the cup. Enjoy the ride.

What's there to disagree with? Did he not cost us the Rangers game with his thuggery? Are Scott and Kaleta NOT punks? Is Milan Lucic some lovable creature that plays the game clean? I'd actually say the hockey-related portion of the post is the part that's inarguable and the sentiment of "loving someone once they're on your team" is the subjective part.

My reason for disagreeing is that Kaleta draws 5x more penalties than he takes. So he is actually a benefit to the team. He also is quite excellent on the Penalty Kill. Patrick Kaleta, was not, is not and was never the problem with the Sabres last season.

Oh don't get me wrong. Again, I know tough is good. I just think there's a difference between tough and dirty/trollish/etc. I'd consider Ott, for example, to be the former.

You would be in the minority if you considered opinions around the league. Fans from most other teams consider Ott/Kaleta to be the punk-est duo in the league.

You would be in the minority if you considered opinions around the league. Fans from most other teams consider Ott/Kaleta to be the punk-est duo in the league.

Yep, if Ott played for an EC team before, we'd hate him just as much as Marchand or various Flyers.

Yup, ME from Michigan Tech.

That said, his years at MT weren't spotless from poor decision making.

just reading that rolston played his college hockey at michigan tech.

does that have any potential bearing at all on scott's being on the roster, or, at least, part of the franchise?

Archived