GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 9-21-13 at 7PM and Sabres at Leafs Sunday night

spndnchz

Will Rolston also be fined for player selection next time he puts Stafford on the power play?

:lol:

No, the league deems it a good move by definition, if it hurts the Sabres.

:(

Sounds right. Not right as in that's what should have happened, but right in that a slap on the wrist should have been expected.

If I was terry pegula, this is what I would do...

Dear NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman,

I writing today to inform you that I will not be paying the fine you have imposed on my Coach Ron Rolston until the following conditions are met. First that Randy Carlyle receive an equal fine for allowing his players conduct. This included several two handed slashes to John Scott and allowing Clarkson to leave the bench to engage in this altercation. Second, after Ryan Miller was run by Milan Lucic with no suspension I would have thought the league considered it important to set an honest and consistent example for all teams and players. By failing to suspend Phil Kessel, for any regular season contests, you have undermined that. His intent was clearly to injure which your President of Player Safety Brandon Shannahan has stated on numerous occasions is paramount to his decision making process. Yet even after all the posturing done by the league in this regards it cares more about satisfying large media markets and less about parity when it comes to punishment.

Until this matter is reviewed further the Buffalo Sabres Organization on behalf of Head Coach Ron Rolston will be filing not only and appeal but also asking that the league do a formal investigation into how it treats certain players and certain teams. I believe in equality and if the rules do not apply to everyone, than the do not apply to anyone.

Good day Sir,

- Terrence M. Pegula

If I was terry pegula, this is what I would do...

Dear NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman,

Why doesn't anybody like us?!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

Good day Sir,

- Terrence M. Pegula

fixed

Welp, if it wasn't common knowledge before, it is now: Kessel is, as Mikhail Grabovski put it, is "a Musketeer. Swish! Swish! Swish!" I'm hoping that'll serve as a magnet for physicality from the league's opposing defensemen. Not many players are going to put up with that, and a few are probably irritated that this was let go like this.

Yeah, in light of Kassian's five regular season games plus three preseason games for stick work that Shanahan deemed unintentional, this doesn't make much damn sense.

Actual injury on unintentional stick work = 3 preseason games + 5 regular season games

No injury on attempt to injure stick work = 3 preseason games

###### silly.

Yeah, in light of Kassian's five regular season games plus three preseason games for stick work that Shanahan deemed unintentional, this doesn't make much damn sense.

Actual injury on unintentional stick work = 3 preseason games + 5 regular season games

###### silly.

This should be sent to Shanahan's twitter account: https://twitter.com/NHLShanahan

Not that it will be heard. What a joke.... I say "Run 'em"

I can't believe so many people are outraged by this. This was the expected outcome. At every juncture the NHL has had to validate itself with its punishment enforcement, it has failed miserably. Par for the course.

Oh, I couldn't agree more, I just want to give them as much heartburn as they give us. My only recourse is to post on leaf forums, publicisize Shanny's twitter account etc etc.... ? hmmm does Bettman have a twitter account?

###### silly.

Already getting tired of the nhl and the season hasn't begun.

It is beyond me how these two suspensions make any sense at all.

Way to punish Kessel by not lettin him play games he doesn't get paid for.

Archived