The Captain

Doohickie

They're historical!

Vintage, baby. Let's spin some vinyl with hipster Ryan Miller and smoke cloves.

Your Ott painting is exactly accurate. He will wear the A when he is wearing the Home Jersey.

This is true. Either way, I'm happy with the choices. It's going to be an interesting season.

Yeah, so they picked *two* guys that now have leverage. :)

That was my first thought lol. I heard multiple reports that the choice will represent how the team will be going forward. Does that mean we are anywhere close to re-signing these guys? I hope so. I haven't heard any talk of it but Darcy does keep his cards close to his chest.

I have no problem with alternative "C". If the guys are respected by the team that's all that matters.

They should both be Sabres going forward. I truly think they both want to be here. I don't see Vanek having been anything but truthful about the situation. Ott, he's straight up as well.

Good thing Lindys gone, otherwise we would have about a dozen pages about how dumb this is and how only one should be captain................

It is a typical Sabres, Mich Ultra decision.......but at least they got the right guys. In all honesty, if you are going to water down the honor, there was a way to incorporate the young guys too and not embarrass Stafford. You could have said Vanek C at home with Ehrhoff and Hodgson A's, and Ott C on road with Weber and Stafford A's. This way when Vanek or Ott or Stafford move.....you have the chain of command in effect. I'm fine with this though....at least it's 3 guys.

It is a typical Sabres, Mich Ultra decision.......but at least they got the right guys. In all honesty, if you are going to water down the honor, there was a way to incorporate the young guys too and not embarrass Stafford. You could have said Vanek C at home with Ehrhoff and Hodgson A's, and Ott C on road with Weber and Stafford A's. This way when Vanek or Ott or Stafford move.....you have the chain of command in effect. I'm fine with this though....at least it's 3 guys.

The team did nothing to embarrass Stafford. It's all on him. "Xavier, you can take this the right way or the wrong way, son; ladies' choice."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.