The Captain

Doohickie

I think Ott would make a great captain, except I would be concerned about what kind of relationship he would have with the refs, Ott is pretty vocal on the ice and may take some liberties with the rules. How will this sit with the refs ?

That is my ONLY problem with Ott as captain.

I'm getting closer to my home.

I see what you did there.

pTydI.jpg

PS: There's another team on the Great Lakes that put all the pressure and expectation on young guys with potential. They even put the "C" on one. Two Cups later...

But remember he was captain for 11 seasons before he won his first Cup. Buffalo fans are more impatient than that.

I disagree. Tell me he didn't sulk somewhat when he didn't get it.

He sulks. ALL. THE. TIME. For no reason at all.

I see what you did there.

But remember he was captain for 11 seasons before he won his first Cup. Buffalo fans are more impatient than that.

He sulks. ALL. THE. TIME. For no reason at all.

I meant Toews.

Edited by Eleven

1. That's what he does. He sulks. In fact, I believe that "Vanek" might mean "sulker" in some weird German dialect deep in the Osterreich. Don't get me wrong; I love the guy, but he's Eeyore with mad skills.

2. Silly, and there's no backup for it.

This made me chuckle.

Oh, and I agree entirely.

Ott until Girgensens is ready.

GO SABRES!!!

Well, since 06-07 all of our captains have either been traded or signed with a different team so Vanek would be the obvious choice.

Since 1970, they've all been traded, signed elsewhere, or retired.

BTW, the Sabres are nearly famous for trading their captains, and it goes way, way back.

Edited by Eleven

OTT - C

VANEK - A

MYERS - A

i get that people want Ott. but do you think that the decision makers may consider him a little to intense to be the captain? i picture him being so nuts during games...focusing on the other team and getting in their heads, that he is not really the best option. just a thought.

Perfect!

I agree.

A 50 goal scorer that was not afraid of the rough stuff.

IMO, the most complete player to ever wear the Blue and Gold. Also, the best captain in the history of the Sabres.

Dare I say ... our Mess.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.