The Captain

Doohickie

I'll play devils advocate here in regards to Ott being captain. This is just me throwing it out there and not what I believe to be true or that contract situations should play a roll in who is selected captain. Having said that, apparently Ott and the Sabres are far apart regarding salary on a contract extension. By giving Ott the C you providing him with significantly more negotiating power which leads to the Sabres to overpaying for him or losing him come July. I say you give Vanek the C and hope the team plays well enough that he signs an extension.

Yeah, so they picked *two* guys that now have leverage. :)

I do too. I think it's crazy to try and pick between Ott and Vanek. Twin Captains makes sense.

It does and if this is about the future I the franchise then both are re-signing? I love the choices. I really think TV is coming into his own like Neo in the hallway with mr Anderson at the end of the Matrix. Instead of dodging bullets he'll be dodging Myers slap shots.

And now my Ott jersey is outdated! And my painting of Ott is outdated!

Nah, he'll be wearing the A for home games and C for away games. It still works!

It does and if this is about the future I the franchise then both are re-signing? I love the choices. I really think TV is coming into his own like Neo in the hallway with mr Anderson at the end of the Matrix. Instead of dodging bullets he'll be dodging Myers slap shots.

When he's ready, he won't have to.

Your Ott painting is exactly accurate. He will wear the A when he is wearing the Home Jersey.

Bah! Beaten by *that* much.

Your Ott painting is exactly accurate. He will wear the A when he is wearing the Home Jersey.

:w00t: :w00t:

zUb5W.gif

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.