The Captain

Doohickie

I wonder what Scott leaned over and said to Stafford right after the announcement when the camera pans past them.

seriously.

post-760-0-60968300-1380651594_thumb.png

caption that photo.

Somebody is in the middle of yelling "where's the 3rd jersey" when they cut that vid off.

oh, great catch.

and poor editing on the media team's part. look for that to change.

Allan Muir of SI not liking the co-captain thing:

More silliness from Sabres as the team names both Ott, Vanek captains

Harrison Mooney of Puck Daddy not liking it either: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sabres-name-ott-vanek-co-captains-worst-organizational-162442181--nhl.html

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm a little shocked they gave it to Vanek. I expect him yo be gone this time next year. I think we resign Ott for 1 year at the deadline. Vanek is no where near those two other players so shouldn't be mentioned with them. It would also have been nice if he remotely lived up to his contract :(

What do you mean? He's been the Sabres top scorer for years! He has earned that contract money.

Only after Gretzky was traded. Gretzky was captain from 83-88 (after former Sabre Lee Fogolin).

Thank you Rico!

Don't disagree. I think everyone on here knew it was these three...

So give one C and two A's like ever other team in the league.

If it's the same three either way, I don't think it makes a damn bit of difference. And frankly, unless the letter wearers are clearly the wrong choice (Stafford, Roy, etc.) I don't think it makes much of a difference who even has them. It's all about the totality of the locker room IMO.

Just how do two completely different personalities speak with one voice when it comes to keeping the team together, dealing with any personality clashes, handling complaints about coaches, communicating with the coaches and so on? I can almost hear the Odd Couple theme music when thinking about these two. Oddly, it's Ott stabbing the cig butt with his umbrella point and Van using a pair of dirty boxers to wipe the cheese sauce off his mouth. Sounds and images I pray will be seared into many brains. Mwahahahahaha.

So disappointed. Ott is a great captain. Vanek is a great captain. BUT NOT BOTH. Pick one or the other. I hate this wishy-washy everyone gets an award stuff.

We're talking about a different letter on the jersey for 41 games. Both were going to have leadership roles regardless.

Serious question: can anyone present a convincing argument why it matters? I get preferring one to two (I'd rather have a singular captain), but I can't come up with a reason why it actually matters either way.

We're talking about a different letter on the jersey for 41 games. Both were going to have leadership roles regardless.

Serious question: can anyone present a convincing argument why it matters? I get preferring one to two (I'd rather have a singular captain), but I can't come up with a reason why it actually matters either way.

I can't imagine if it matters in any real, tangible way.

As far as the choices, I'm happy with them. Not much else to say.

Borrowed a new user photo from that 2nd link.

I feel myself getting uncharacteristically (and, well, virtually) truculent about criticism/mocking of the decision to go with Vanek and Ott as captains. It must mean the season's about to begin.

By Thanksgiving,*** I'll probably be far less excitable about such matters.

*** Canadian or American - I'm not sure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.